Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Weapons..  (Read 2697 times)

Sasuke X

Weapons..
« on: April 24, 2008, 06:13:54 AM »

I was thinking that we should have permanent names for the weapons <_< Example: level 1=Samurai Sword (those ones with the sheathes..)  2= Dual Swords....... Okay so when we buy a weapon, instead of saving up for a more powerful weapon you can buy any kind you like... For now i'm only using the samurai sword and dual swords. So after you kill orochimaru you would get a point to put into a weapon class. in this case, Dual Swords, or Swords (after using a certain amount of points you get sword abilities). Then you would choose a fighting style. Swordmaster (specializes in attacking), Guard master (specializes in blocking and countering attacks), and Trickster ( Trick your opponent with your speed and get more attacks in on them), and a Special Style ( put your specialty into the weapon) Yeah i took some of the names from DMC <_< Anyways... For the samurai sword....

Swordmaster: Increases attack by X amounts of  point(s). Depending on the amount of points you put in the sword type you would get stronger abilities. Because you must unsheathe your sword it takes away a turn of attacking for most moves... so
 Impale= No chakra, takes 1 round, lose weapon and attack goes down to normal. Does heavy damage and does constant minimal damage when left in.
 Pull Out= No chakra, twist out the sword and pull it out causing a minimum amount of damage.. not too much
 Roundtrip= Throw sword. 1 round to hit, another to come back. Moderate Damage. Depending on amount of points you have a chance to cut yourself with the sword
Double Attack!!: Take out sheathe and smack the enemy around with it.

Guard Master: Increases defence by X amount of point(s).
 Guard Stance: Block and counter attacks. More points ^ chance of blocking/countering the move.
 Double Defence!!: Take out sheathe and allows for better chances of blocking

Trickster: Increases speed by X amount of point(s).
 Fast Attack!: Takes up 1 round to draw the sword. You move at a high speed and slash your opponent doing heavy damage. Because of the high speed movements strain on your body you lose health.
 Combo Attack: Takes time to charge up depending on how many points put in the sword type. Hits for up to 5 times.

Special: Depending on your jutsu it will change the sword... Though not all jutsu are compatibale. Ex: Dual Swords and lightning = Raiga's swords with Lightning Armor and other jutsu's he has. Kusanagi and genjutsu make the other sword that beats kusanagi (forgot the name).  So lets say you combine fire and the samurai sword. i would first need to spend chakra to channel chakra through the sword and recieve a buff that would burn the enemy.

Anyways so that's the idea <_< Maybe have some special items for sale that work specifically with a certain jutsu or type that you buy with gems... oh yeah and you would level up the sword power kinda like LoB. You go to the academy and train your weapon skills. I was also thinking that the races with their own weapons could get some kind of style this... like kaguya would recieve the Dances for theirs, Hyuuga could maybe learn new jutsu, maybe taijutsu could get like gauntlets or something <_<?

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Weapons..
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 08:57:49 AM »

You can sum this up: I want more powerful weapons, I feel weak.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Shigeo

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 03:56:28 PM »

....No, Neji, that's not what he's saying at all. -.- What he wants is a more unique way to get weapons; instead of going to the weapons shop after a few forest fights/going to his coffers and buying the level 13 or 14 weapon at level 5 or 6, he wants to get a one time weapon that starts at zero power and increases for each Orochimaru Point you put into it...which means you'd have to kill Oro, and then not boost your stats but rather your weapon. I dunno about you, but I feel pretty strong when I have lvl 7+ armor/weapon at level 2....

So tell me, how does that sum up to wanting more strength? It's just an interesting request with what I think is a nifty twist.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 03:58:40 PM »

;) the weapon limit will not be 15 atk.

he might want 30, 40, 50

as you keep the weapoin, you have 30,40,50 power on level 1 after an orokill... happy powerplay.

that's why you *NEED* to buy a new weapon all the time.
else, gold is useless.

I am *for* individual weapons, but *against* making levelling much easier.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Shigeo

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 04:10:07 PM »

Well, make the limit at level 15 then. .-. Heck, when most people make Feature Requests, they pretty much expect you to ask it to be modified in some way.

You could always make so that it upgrades automatically to the number of points you put into it as you level....

To clarify: You have 8 points in Dual Wield, you are level one. When you start off, you only have access to the lvl 1 skill, but once you get to lvl 2, your DW skill also automatically goes up to two, keeping pacing with you. I

f you wanted, you could try to upgrade it faster(i.e., having lv3 Dual Wield at lvl 2) by using the Training Grounds, but the cost would be high(5000 gold or higher to start?), and there would be a chance to fail--maybe a 50% chance, in which case the gold is wasted and your weapon remains the same. Kinda like some other training one has to do, but with a gold cost.

Sasuke X

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 12:25:09 AM »

It would be it's OWN personal thing.... Like as an acad you have a truesplendor tantou.... as a hokage you have a Sword of Kusanagi.... I don't exactly know what a tantou is but i'm pretty sure you fight differently with a tantou then  a sword... and a hokage's weapon and a academy student weapon shouldn't be equal in power... i was saying to have a permanent weapon set anyone can choose from... so i was saying that you could choose a weapon and make each one unique. Maybe instead of having levels change the weapons to like multiply your attack by a certain amount and each DK point you put in it it would get stronger... or maybe have the buying weapons levels the same but make it more expensive and the DK points in weapons could just give you better or stronger abilities...>_>
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 12:28:40 AM by Sasuke X »

cmage

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 12:44:43 AM »

weapons don't make a ninja strong, jutsus do.
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

thecrazyanbu

• happy place
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 12:47:37 AM »

although a weaponry plays a key role in how effective a ninja can be.personally i like this idea although it could use a bit more balancing.and for the record a tantou is a miny version of a katana
shikkifujjin 
i refuse to spread it

i shall merely start it and continue on till i am bored
Hiro
"Your mom" jokes are like viruses. They die, but when they sense the right moment occurs, they come back to life and infect people.

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 12:52:13 AM »

Tantou is a type of dagger. >>;

Sounds like you want to change the fighting system for this. Besides, you can have your 'unique weapon' by using points to change it to Dual swords or Samurai sword. You say an academy student shouldn't be of equal power. In reality, they're not. Everyone is now unique in the game b/c we spend our DK's differently. You can have most of those styles by spending those points in a certain way....

Sasuke X

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 01:32:42 AM »

yeah if you spend your points in that >_>... now people's goal is to get to 80 kills then reset... to do that you need forest fights <_< besides i didn't mean change the name.... A dagger and a sword shouldn't be the same attack dude.... it's like not right >_>

Asadi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 01:41:16 AM »

You have to have strength and skill to wield a weapon...without that, a weapon is useless in one's hands. It's like a child wielding a stick...he can't do a thing until he knows how to use it. A man skilled with a weapon can do as much damage with it as any other weapon if he knows how to use it. The length/width of a piece or iron/steel isn't going to affect attack, just the way it's used. =/

Sasuke X

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 01:44:51 AM »

Your just proving my point 0_o I'm saying to put DKs into pretty much weapon skills..... And the piece or iron does effect the attack.. what would you rather get stabbed by... something huge like a sword or a needle....twisted around and pulled out? i thought so....

Asadi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2008, 01:47:54 AM »

You'd have to change the fighting system for that! >:O Besides...the server is more important as you keep saying. xD

Sasuke X

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2008, 01:50:08 AM »

You'd have to change the fighting system for that! >:O Besides...the server is more important as you keep saying. xD
I'm not asking for a change now unlike you who thinks it's better and is arguing with me for no reason other than i disagreed with you on another topic -_- And no you wouldn't have to change the fighting system..... -_- what does new and permanent weapons with techniques have ANYTHING to change the fighting system? Same attack, same jutsu system..... -_-

Asadi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2008, 02:00:58 AM »

Adding techniques...changes how the fights in the forests are performed. .-. Therefore changing things within the code to compensate for the changes with the weapons.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.