Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Custom SL Avatars  (Read 2097 times)

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Custom SL Avatars
« on: April 15, 2009, 06:16:19 PM »

I have this idea of letting the players make their own avatars, creating an avatar with skin colour, hair style, facial characteristic, clothing, chakra colour, and accessories of their choice.

Having some special customizing features that can only be bought with dp or by playing the game isn't a bad idea either. Things like Kisame's pale blue skin colour, the whiskers-like marks on Naruto's cheeks, and Kakashi's forehead protector can be stuff that are bought with dp. While things like Byakugan, Sharingan, Hokage's hat, and ANBU mask can be stuff that are unlock through gameplay.

I will put up a few picture so that it's easier to understand what I am talking about. I put a "copyright of viwawa.com" on each screenshot so that I don't get in trouble for showing them here. The images are only to help you understand, they aren't the actual thing that you will see in-game.

Skin The colour of your character's skin.

Hair Your character's hair style.

Eyes Your character's eyes.

Facial Blush, scars, facial hair etc.

Mouth Your character's mouth.

Upper Clothing Shirt, jacket etc.

Lower Clothing Pants, skirt, shoes etc.

Background Replace with colour of your chakra maybe?

Pet Pets like Akamaru or summoning creatures like Gamakichi.

Accessories Earings, cigaratte, necklace, weapons etc.

A few rules thou,

1) An avatar must be fully dressed with some exceptions; upper body tattoo which replace shirt for example.

2) Anyone who tries to do something cheap like copying someone's custom avatar and then try to upload it as a normal avatar will have their avatars rejected. Players who donate or worked hard for their special/rank/kekkai genkai customization deserved to be special.

This would be a nice addition to the game. If it's possible that is >.<

IceSlayer

Re: Custom SL Avatars
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 12:09:48 AM »

Interesting idea, but:
-How would you actually code this ingame? Not exactly easy to do.
-What's wrong with the current Avatars?

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 02:07:04 AM »

Nothing is wrong with the current one. This is just an addition.

Well, the one way of coding it Sl style that I can think of is...

- Your avatar will be displayed on top of the customizing page. Below it will be the instructions. Then below the text will be pictures of the different avatar customizing options avaliable.

- Instead of clicking on the pictures to select a feature for your avatar, the buttons will be located on the left side of the page. We can either use numbers (hair 1, hair 2, hair 3 etc) or names (dark skin, pale skin, brown skin etc) for the selection.

- After picking one, the page will load, and the avatar on top will be updated with the feature(s) that you have selected. When you do so, you will also move to the next list of customizing options.

- A button which allow the player to go back to the previous selection screen would be nice.

- Once you are done, there will be a confirmation like, are you sure this is how you want your avatar to look like? Yes (to finish creating your avatar), start over (redo the whole thing), return to previous selection (go back to last page) or I changed my mind (exit creating an avatar).

- Pro, no need to wait for your avatar to be validated.

- Con, you may not have what you want.

IceSlayer

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 10:07:02 AM »

So you will have to create an Image for every single combination that could be made with the options.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 12:47:25 PM »

Yes, this would be like a really big project that require a lot of work >.<

IceSlayer

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 12:49:41 PM »

I personally don't see why this any better than the current Avatars, too much work, and there are much more important things that could be done, but that's just me.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 03:58:40 PM »

I never said that this is better than the current avatar system. This is not going to replace the current avatar system either. It may not be your cup of tea, but for some players this may keep them interested in the game.

Instead of the current, aiming for certain rank/stat to unlock something or save up dp from something, the player get to look forward to unlocking something new to customize the avatar everytime they kill Oro.

This could attract more players and make our server stand out even more compare to other LoTGD servers.

But facts and facts, we do not have a kick-ass programmer who has the time to create such modules for the game. And we do not have a graphic designer either. I wasn't dreaming of having this feature request added.

I've both played the game long enough and made enough feature request to know what is not possible or simply too troublesome. But I just wanted to post this idea so that I wouldn't keep thinking about it XD

IceSlayer

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 12:19:54 AM »

Well having both seems strange...
But oh well, not like anyone else reads these anyway lol

SuperSeal

• When life hands me lemons I make beef stew. XD
    • View Profile
    • The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 07:08:12 PM »

This is pretty cool but..... i like the current one where I can upload a pic of my choosing. I'll be 100% for this idea if it gave people the choice to upload their own pic or use your system. I don't wanna be forced to use something I don't want to.

SuperSeal For President!

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 02:49:28 AM »

This is pretty cool but..... i like the current one where I can upload a pic of my choosing. I'll be 100% for this idea if it gave people the choice to upload their own pic or use your system. I don't wanna be forced to use something I don't want to.

Quote from: Gyururu
2) Anyone who tries to do something cheap like copying someone's custom avatar and then try to upload it as a normal avatar will have their avatars rejected.

This would be a nice addition to the game. If it's possible that is >.<
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 02:50:07 AM by atomkai »

Ite

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 12:05:40 AM »

This is pretty cool but..... i like the current one where I can upload a pic of my choosing.

As Gyururu said before, this will not replace the current avatar system. It's just another addition to the game.

If this addition to the game is made possible, nobody will force you to get it. The current avatar system will still be there, which allows you to upload an avatar of your choosing.

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 12:46:51 AM »

I really like it..unlockables would be cool and fun too. Maybe once you buy a tattoo it could appear on your avatar as well? This would probably take a lot of work..

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 15 queries.