Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

Should Hyouton KG reborns gain the ability to perform one handed seals in general?

Yeah! =D
- 1 (12.5%)
No! -_-
- 6 (75%)
Only for that one water move (Sensatsu Suishou)
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Should Hyouton KG reborns gain the ability to perform one handed seals?  (Read 3453 times)

Mei

• View Profile

Hey. So basically we dont know if Haku's ability to perform one-handed seals is related to his Hyouton KG but Neji seems to have added that one move (Sensatsu Suishou) to KG list so...what do you guys think? o.o

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
Re: Should Hyouton KG reborns gain the ability to perform one handed seals?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 11:08:52 PM »

Well no. I think that was just a skill Haku trained to have, which Zabuza could use also I believe, as he could still created a Water clone while his other hand was in the water prison.

Plus, what benefit would one handed seals be? unless you are talking RP.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 03:46:17 PM »

Yeah, I'm talking about RP.
Oh, I forgot that Zabuza created a water clone with one hand but then again, how come none of the characters take notice of that? >.>
But yeah, you're right.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 09:31:23 PM »

I do remember both Haku and Zabuza doing one hand seals. I think only KG users should only do it in accordance to their Hyouton techniques and nothing else.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

hiro

• sup bois
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 12:17:39 AM »

I feel anyone with sufficient skill should be able to do one-handed seals. Just because someone has or doesn't have a KG, it shouldn't limit their RP capabilities.
11/7/10 (EST), The Day It Rained Spam (Miha's 21st Birthday). NEVAR FORGET
Click me, because the actual quote doesn't fit in here.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 06:03:03 AM »

Yeah exactly, Zabuza had no KG and could still do it.

I don't recall anyone else have doing it, but I assume any could train to that level.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 12:05:36 PM »

Okay, once again looking back at Zabuza's one-handed seal he used to create water clone. It's just a lame one handed tiger seal. -_-
We have seen many characters use that same one-handed seal for various purposes. I wouldnt even count that at all.
When I mean one-handed seals, I mean making distinct hand signals like what Haku did.

Also it's easy to give oneself the ability to perform one-handed seals but then zoning would be a lil easy, dont you think? It's not like I can stop a Genin from performing them, I dont know if that would be considered god-modding or you just simply let it be.

A friend asked me this question: It's common knowledge that skilled shinobi have the ability to perform the katas a jutsu requires with just one hand. Going by that fact could one use 2 different jutsu at the very same time?

I originally said "I think so" but after remembering when trying that trick involving "patting one's head with one hand while circling in front of your stomach with the other" it may be impossible for some. What do you think?

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 12:07:41 PM »

I think at most maybe the same jutsu twice, but I doubt two different Jutsu.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 04:52:13 PM »

RP is free.

Haku has no real advantage (round-based) with one-handed jutsu EXCEPT for feats like "he has one hand free to defend himself".

I see no good incorporation in the game with it, being round-based.

You already attack AND cast currently (game mechanics... oh my) so there is nothing to gain.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 06:49:43 PM »

Sorry for the confusion, Neji. The question was mainly referring to its usage in zoning/RP. I only listed that attack because you put it in the KG List and it has been a question in the past, if Haku's ability to perform one-handed seals was related to his KG. So I was not talking about incorporating it into the game mechanics at all. o.o
However there is an advantage with one-handed jutsu and that is "he has one hand free to attack". =)

Yeah, RP is free but even RP has certain regulations. I dont know if you know this Neji, but your KGs have affected the Zoning World. o.o
People who claim to have the Sharingan but NOT the Uchiha KG are shunned upon. Same for the Byakugan, Gates, Bones KG, and with the possible addition of Mokuton.
Hyouton KG is okay since you're mainly getting the Ice Mirrors tech and access to Hyouton specialty is public so one can still use Hyouton techs, but just not the mirrors.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 10:18:08 PM »

Actually...

Hyouton Jutsus as they are, can only be used with existing Ice in the area. So if your out in the plains, village, anywhere where the is no Ice it is useless.
Those who have the KG however have the ability to create Ice by fusing Water and Wind Chakra, basically able to create it anywhere.

The Ice Mirrors is just a Jutsu Haku created using his KG, not the KG itself.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 02:16:52 PM »

True...but the thing is I have been RPing with ice jutsus since the beginning and now I may have to face possibility that I cant because there's an actual Hyouton KG. T.T
I mean, I'm sure I'm not only ice user in SL w/o Hyouton KG. But I have NEVER used Haku's Ice Mirrors, just the ice jutsus from the movie.

Originally, I was planning to get Hyouton KG but my impatience got the best of me, choosing Mokuton instead. I have no regrets; I look at it as if it was a part of destiny. >.>

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 10:12:24 PM »

Well, in Reality if you were using those Ice Jutsus properly, then you would still only be able to use them around Ice.

And there where plenty of 'Uchiha' and 'Hyuuga' before the creation of of the KG's, and there atill are those who claim it without having the KG, so, who knows?

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 05:53:39 PM »

I actually use it like Haku. Like I make the hand-seals and have the water turn into ice to perform the jutsu.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 07:01:12 AM »

Well, really it is the same as Mokuton, you can use it to combine Water and Wind Chakras to form Ice, so it isn't limited to just Ice Mirrors.
Haku was even shown to be able to... kind of water bend if I remember correctly.

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 22 queries.