Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: So much DP and nothing to Spend it on!  (Read 12171 times)

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: So much DP and nothing to Spend it on!
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2012, 10:18:50 AM »

DP as bounty ... why not. I'd fix up a system relatively easy if you want that.

DP for the houses ... the system is quite huge, extra rooms might be an addon - I believe.
An extra coffer might not be the problem, storing gems - well, it becomes "farming for the main" then, which I don't really like... some things should stick to a character. I don't allow item trading for the same reason.

DP could be spend for a guard, like the one you have for gold. I am not against paying with DP for some services.
DP for an extra room to talk i.e. would be okay, but the rights management (keys) would be a big task (the current key system is complex enough).

Organize your thoughts, label them, and if in a discussion there are many backing it up, we may have a deal  :twisted:

As for the Jounin Exams - DP does support this with whatever Kayenta and I will agree on.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2012, 04:13:19 PM »

We should probably set up a thread and list people who have officially signed-up for participation in the exams, and a list of referees.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2012, 01:43:59 AM »

I wish to have all the details hammered out here before doing that Kage.

Everyone, please review the following text with which I propose to start the Jounin Exam Thread.

JOUNIN EXAMS

In the interest of spending up left over donated DP from the Chuunin Exams and general fun and or bragging rights, Jounin Exams will be hosted this season by Amagakure.

Since there is no village board for Amagakure, Ninja Central will serve as a general RP location for spectators and participants alike while the actual matches of the exam will be held in available zones.

There will be a two week 'get your act together' period in which registrations will be collected. To register one must fill out the registration form and send it to KayentaMoenkopi on SL AND reply to this thread on the forum saying you have completed a registration form.

All registrations need to be turned in by [insert date]. After applicants are assigned an opponent, notifications will be sent out at which time each paired match-up will have to set a date/time and place for their exam. Notify KayentaMoenkopi when these arrangements have been agreed upon so that a judge can be assigned to your exam.

Copy and paste the completed form below into a pm to KayentaMoenkopi on SL.

Anyone wishing to donate DP for awards to be given during this event can send them to KayentaMoenkopi. An accounting of ALL DP will be displayed on the forum. Currently there is 17,400 DP in the Jounin Exam Pool.

RULES

1] No God modding. You may not use powers you do not legitimately posses either through DK rank. resets or verifiable RP events/training.

2] No Auto-hitting. You may not post the successful completion of ANY action. This prevents your opponent from having the opportunity to use their abilities to prevent your action from succeeding.

3] No Character Control. You may not post an action or response of any kind for your opponent.

4] No Metagaming. Any information that you as the player knows is off limits for your character to act upon. For instance...if your opponent makes a bunshin, you had better have a valid explanation of how your character can tell it is not the real deal.

5] If you do not post it, it does not happen. Nothing will be assumed based upon the history of your character or standard definitions of your jutsu. It is your duty as an RP-er to leave nothing up to the imagination of your RP partner and those of the spectators.

6] Manners: Oh my yes. Do not OOC your match up with  a bunch of rude or insulting behavior. Disputes or concerns should be discussed in pms. If you and your opponent come to a stalemate concerning the validity of an action, take it to the judge and let he/she handle it. If the judge does not make a ruling that both parties find to be agreeable, then two other judges will come in to review the match and a ruling will be handed out. This will then be the final word upon the matter. Failure to comply with the accepted manner of behavior will see you disqualified.

7] Failure to show up for your scheduled match will result in disqualification unless arrangements to reschedule have been made. The person who did show will be paired up with another opponent. Only victory in a match will get you to a higher round in the exams.

8] DP will be awarded based upon the number of contestants. All first round contestants who complete a match will receive an award with the victor of each match gaining a larger DP award. For each progressive match the same scenario applies. Each round will have a larger award until the final victor who will receive the top tier amount. Examiner/judges will receive a DP award for each event they moderate regardless of the ease or difficulty of that particular match.

9] Late entrants will be put on a waiting list to be substituted into an exam on a first come first served basis. Do not expect to get your chance. Hell might freeze over one day and so too all entrants might just actually show up and this thing go off without a hitch. If you do get called up to stand into a second round or higher match, you will have to win a first round match against another wait listed entrant before being placed into the upper round event.

10] No second chances. If your opponent is able to get away with something during your match, you may not come back later and contest this. No one is going to point it out to you and say this is not a valid move. At this level of RP it is YOUR responsibility to know what is and what is not possible. So, if you do not catch a fast one that is pulled on you before the end of your match, too bad. These are Jounin Exams, not Academy Exams.

11] Who may enter? come on guys...are we excluding anyone? I think that Jinchuuiriki could participate providing they do not use the Bijuu or its additional benefits such as chakra pool. Loss by a Jinchuuriki will not result in loss of the Bijuu as this is not a Bijuu contest.

Question: Should the number of KGs per person be limited? If so under what criteria?

Question: How many affinities do the Chuunin NPCs get? Are there any other restrictions that need to be placed upon them?

Jounin Exam Application:

Each participant will be asked to demonstrate the following skills: strength in battle, leadership and intelligence with regard to strategy.

As such, each participant will have to create 3 NPC Chuunins with no KGs to take the place of a shinobi team they will be leading into battle. The Jounin participant will also join the battle and not just stand on the sidelines.

The details of this entry form will not be viewed by the general public in order to keep your sensitive information a secret. However, the details will be reviewed to guard against unfavorable powers and each contestant will be asked to modify themselves if something is found to be outside the generally accepted zone practices.

Name:
Time Zone:
Best days and times to RP:
Will you fight to the death?:
DK Rank:
RP Rank:
Village in game:
Village in RP:
Affinities:
KGs used in battle:
Special Weapons:
Custom Jutsu:
Summons:
Seals:
Enhancements:

Chuunin 1:
Name:
Physical Description:
Village:
Affinities:
Special Weapons:
Custom Jutsu:
Summons:
Seals:
Enhancements:

Chuunin 2:
Name:
Physical Description:
Village:
Affinities:
Special Weapons:
Custom Jutsu:
Summons:
Seals:
Enhancements:

Chuunin 3:
Name:
Physical Description:
Village:
Affinities:
Special Weapons:
Custom Jutsu:
Summons:
Seals:
Enhancements:

« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:21:34 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2012, 02:05:42 AM »

Looking good Kay, now all that needs to be done is spam links to this thread in the dominant commentary areas.  :-?

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2012, 02:20:52 AM »

Spamming away as we speak. lol
But answer my questions REnascence. they are in there.

Who can participate?

What restrictions placed on the CHuunin NPCS?

silly

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2012, 02:23:25 AM »

So I am thinking about joining dis here tourny... Would I be able to kill my opponents? Or is this for the goody two shoes only?

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2012, 02:37:26 AM »

I can add an option on the entry form and make it a choice thing. ok?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2012, 02:39:25 AM »

That could work. One thing I thought of (though it might make things more complicated) Is to have one non-lethal and one lethal section. Since the lethal one would be more dangerous the prizes would be higher. Maybe even make it so you HAVE to kill your opponents in the lethal one.  Being King of the Deathmatch sounds like fun to me.  :twisted:

Yūmei

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2012, 02:40:27 AM »

Question: Should the number of KGs per person be limited? If so under what criteria?
I believe that players should not have their KG's limited in the contest, however perhaps each match could have a set of restrictions, such as 'You may not use Katon or Raiton', or 'You may only use taijutsu' just to add in a little variety?

Question: How many affinities do the Chuunin NPCs get? Are there any other restrictions that need to be placed upon them?
Each should only be limited to possessing one Kekkei Genkai max, if any at all. That being said, one NPC should possess in my opinion, only one chakra affinity. They aren't necessarily going to be doing all of the player's fighting for them.

Who can participate?
Jounin+, I believe.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2012, 02:57:10 AM »

@ Yumei

I really don't want the CHuunin to have KGs. We will see what other people say too.

@ Bocchiere...

I know you love to kill, but people might take it too seriously, cop an attitude and then what was supposed to be fun turn into this argument festival instead. I think the loss of one's character...potentially years of RP down the drain is a bit too serious for what I have in mind with this exam. Potentially, all the entrants but one will die. and that is a lot of people getting the red ring of death.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2012, 03:05:03 AM »

D'aaaaw v.v Fine. No killing. I will be a judge then like I said.

Shadowfire

• Fly and be free, for that is what we all dream for
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Guardian Shadowfire
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2012, 03:08:41 AM »

In my opinion, The number should be limited to two at the most, but it has to be directly proportionate to the Keekei Genkai they have in SL, if the matches are to occur in the Forum. Futher more, I think it would be kind of interesting to ass it to the point where the person can decide to hold two Kekkei Genkai, or give one to one of their Chuunin NPC's, and keep one for themselves, as in any actual team, it's not one person who holds all the special abilities, but it is normally separated within at least two members of the group. That's an idea however so...

The Chuunin NPC's should each get one affinity, as that is more then enough to use combination attacks, if you have multiple NPC's attack with different affinities, or even with all the same. Either way, one is more then enough.

Who can participate?

Anyone with the level of Jounin and above, excluding the current Kage's (Kaze, Mizu, Rai, Oto, Tsuchi, and hokages.) should be able to participate. If anything, The Kage's with other select people should be among the judges.
"Where would light exist, if Darkness didn't? One cannot exist without the other, and if one vanishes, so does the next. So by that logic, Good and Evil are the same way and if one vanished, so would the other. Thus it must be good, to be evil sometimes."

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2012, 03:21:08 AM »

@ Bocc... I am leaving the killing option in the application. Those that wish to fight to the death certainly can. But they will more than likely face those who do not wish to. And thank you for volunteering to mediate.

@ Shadow...ONLY the discussion and registration will be held here. OR if getting together due to time scheduling for those who have that problem...they could start a fight thread somewhere perhaps. As you can see I am still a newbie on this forum and I don't know if there is an RP section.

Shadowfire

• Fly and be free, for that is what we all dream for
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Guardian Shadowfire
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2012, 03:28:16 AM »

@Bocc: It would be interesting, but I don't think the killing should be a requirement of that section.

@Kayenta: I see. Very well then.
"Where would light exist, if Darkness didn't? One cannot exist without the other, and if one vanishes, so does the next. So by that logic, Good and Evil are the same way and if one vanished, so would the other. Thus it must be good, to be evil sometimes."

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2012, 02:37:51 PM »

I'll join the exams depending on how soon they are. I kind of... need a few days off. Zenaku knows why.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 15 queries.