Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Where The Boundaries End  (Read 8952 times)

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Re: Where The Boundaries End
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 03:57:13 AM »

Now when I used Demons, Vampires and the like, it was meant to be an example. I was not; at any point, trying to say anyone can do anything they want.

That was meant for Quest's response. But, now that you respond to it:

But when the people that have changed their 'entertainment preferences' begin forcing it unto those 'stuck in the Past,' that is when it becomes to much. Now if the new way is what others enjoy, then good. They're having fun. If I prefer to preserve some of the old ways, then that is my fun. Imposing your opinion is what the problem is nowadays.

Like I say all the time: "You can't please everyone." and "If you want to have something fixed, make it someone else's problem, too."

As you said, you're not saying people can do anything they want -- what if the fun they're having is not fun to you? That is to say: the things they claim is fun to them. You're now imposing your opinion on theirs by saying they can't. Furthermore, this whole thread is about imposing your opinion on people should do this or that because this is wrong in this way.

The premises of this all is: let people rp how they want.

Sure, I can accept that; but you contradict yourself by saying "they can't RP however they want."

Solo Iori

• So many possibiities, yet so many restrictions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 04:05:15 AM »

The premises is to find out when all of this fighting is going to end. Because of how everything has been going, one friend has already quit RP and the other is titerring on quiting SL altogether. If letting everybody RP how they want will fix this, then I am all for it. I do notice that I somewhat contradicted myself, but I was saying what I did with people like Rares in mind. He is against RP characters being anything other than a Shinobi or a regular person. I agreed with /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ because he provided a fitting solution for those that want to conform to the current RP state.

I apologize for my vagueness.
"Also, the mating ritual of Sharks is interesting as it's basically gang rape."
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu has no idea what's being talked about.
Isaribi can send Ranketsu a video. <<;
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu whines, "That wasn't love-making... That was WWE Underwater 5 on 1 Cage wrestling."

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 04:09:06 AM »

Fighting's never gonna end. I'll tell ya that now. There's always going to be people who like to stir trouble or who just disagree - people like me - that shifts whatever "balance" may have existed.

Solo Iori

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 04:22:39 AM »

So that is why you seem more aggressive on here than normal. >>;

Perhaps you are right. There will always be fighting. But in the end, I can try and defend what I believe would better the RP community as a whole, rather than an individual group within that whole. I guess what I am aiming for is a peaceful site. Every option that we have for making the RP community a friendly place should be tested out. It certainly not like it can hurt us.
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu whines, "That wasn't love-making... That was WWE Underwater 5 on 1 Cage wrestling."

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 04:25:06 AM »

You already know how I am of a person; uncaring, nonchalant, calm, at ease, etc.

I cause trouble here just because it's 7 shades of fun to see people rage at me.

Solo Iori

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 04:27:32 AM »

Troublemaker.   ;)

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 05:09:27 AM »

and the other is titerring on quiting SL altogether. .

That's me! Though mine has little to do with people imposing rp upon me or nagging. More like, possibly wasting months of rp to have everything I've done possibly be voided and not having the heart to make another character >.> Really no one's fault or problem, but my own.

Just thought I'd but in since I was referred to   :shock:
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Quest

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 05:28:32 AM »

I think we just need a few good friends to RP with in order to enjoy roleplaying on SL. What others do is their thing, really.

cmage

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 06:01:19 AM »

So let's all ignore RP that doesn't concern us and watch SL become worse than UzumakiOnline(a poor copy of SL that's now a home improvement site)
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

Quest

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2012, 06:58:30 AM »

You really think a few people who doesn't follow some RP rules is gonna bring down SL? Voiding other people's RP with rules ain't gonna help. There are fewer players on SL than a few years back, and the numbers will most likely continue dropping unless something draws new players to SL.

Then again, Naruto ain't gonna continue running forever, so why stress about the decline. I would rather enjoy myself while things last, making RP to be remembered at the end of the day instead of making arguments that make my head and my chest hurt.

*sits down calmly and drinks his tea*

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2012, 07:42:49 AM »

I will post here instead of the who knows how many other topics which have been recently created dealing with RP.

Currently, I am tempted to go on a topic locking spree- yes, I can do that, with valid reasoning of course.  :P
And if topics were to be locked, do not bypass it by creating similar topics (as done with the Bijuu topic).

Why?
To simply cool tempers down (which members seem to be doing now, a plus).
People are sticking to their guns (compromise might be required).
Members seem to be going in circles (most of the times?).

Times change. I see many good aspects, and of course there are a few not so good ones.

This may seem like a "lecture," but do not take it as one. I'm trying to give my support.
Couple of deep breathes, some time to think, and BAM!   8)

And yes I know, it's easy to talk....but I'm trying to be the support champ (anyone get the reference?).  :P
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:43:10 AM by Ace »

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2012, 07:54:46 AM »

I will post here instead of the who knows how many other topics which have been recently created dealing with RP.

[...]

And yes I know, it's easy to talk....but I'm trying to be the support champ (anyone get the reference?).  :P
Contribute to the topic Aceeeeeeee!

But anyway, we've addressed the factors that contribute to the decline in solid roleplay and the increase in hapless debates, so how about we start discussing solutions to reverse it to a degree that many will prefer over our present scenario?

cmage

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2012, 07:57:38 AM »

Ace........... Lock ALL the topics
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2012, 08:03:38 AM »

[...]

Contribute to the topic Aceeeeeeee!

But anyway, we've addressed the factors that contribute to the decline in solid roleplay and the increase in hapless debates, so how about we start discussing solutions to reverse it to a degree that many will prefer over our present scenario?
My contribution to the topic was the indirect warning. :P

To add on I guess, lets answer this, is a council on role playing essentially required?
Everything can start from scratch if people want it to. So, if people say yes, members can decide then what the boundaries for this council are.

But is a council required?
Or how can role play be effectively "controlled?"
Probably by example, which seems to have worked so far- don't ya think?

I mean, all of the members posting here, most if not all, are excellent role players, no matter the differing views.
The amount of attention role playing at its fundamental core is receiving is incredible and great right now. So, let's figure out a way to make this work.

*coughs*
I like the image, cmage. xD
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:07:46 AM by Ace »

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2012, 08:37:15 AM »

If players abide by the rules governing what can and what can't be done when challenging a jinchuuriki for their bijuu, or vice versa, then we wouldn't really need a council in the first place.

As aforementioned, there exists two roleplay-communities:
  • The hardcore roleplayers, who integrate Shinobi Legends' leveling and rebirthing system in with the bulk of Kishimoto's canonverse in order to not only enhance the overall experience (in duties), but also make it a system much more unique as opposed to roleplaying-boards (forum-hosted) which plague the interwebz.
  • The flexible players, who couldn't really care about the Narutoverse and would rather integrate a variety of racial species in with the minuscule quantity of concepts which compose Kishimoto's world, and well, make Shinobi Legends comparable to the roleplaying-boards (forum hosted) which plague the interwebz, quite notably in disregarding the significance in having a leveling/rebirthing system.

To remove either of the two by imposing (or removing) rules would led to a drastic reduction in Shinobi Legends' overall population. We can allow the two to coexist, by not allowing either to participate with one another in roleplay, which would, as I hypothesize, lead to very minimal debates, but even then that would be too much to ask. If they were to conjoin in roleplay, then should the second community be forced to revise their character's design in order to effectively "fit in", or be left alone and generally spark an OOC-debate?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 19 queries.