Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Yumei's Rinnegan Rules  (Read 16773 times)

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Re: Yumei's Rinnegan Rules
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2012, 04:30:31 AM »

You know at the end of this discussion I'm probably just going to keep my claim over having a "pirated" Rinnegan; simply because I have the resets and in my bio it states that I stole it from someone claiming to be a descendant of Rikudou Sennin. I'm somewhat content with the fact that I'm going to lose all my paths that I'm working oh so hard for, but if I get to keep basic ability that will suffice.

As a side note, I'm going to state that I doubt we as a collective body will be able to come up with rules for Rinnegan that everyone will be okay with simply because it was implemented in SL far before we knew you needed Sharingan and Senju DNA. It would be unfair to take away player's Rinnegans simply because they chose the "wrong" Doujutsu almost what 3 or 4 years ago? Likewise, through underhanded methods I'm sure atleast 40% of the "old" Rinnegan users will get it back eventually.

This. It's not hard if you have a third path Rinnegan or above. Also, I believe it was already stated that people who chose Hyotun or Rinnegan before the latest chapter should have those reborns count as Mokuton and Uchiha since they didn't know at the time.

Luka

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2012, 05:15:05 AM »

Why only apply the Doujutsu retroactively? Is it really fair to say that in the future, you HAVE to have Sharingan and Mokuton in order to have Rinnegan? I don't think  it's right to tell people that they have to set their characters up in a certain way. If Byakugan and Hyouton are being accepted, then they should be accepted regardless of when the person obtains their KG. It's not like many people choose Byakugan or Hyouton in the first place.

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2012, 05:31:59 PM »

Wasn't Hyuuga once said to have been related to the Uchiha in some way, shape, or form? I believe that the blood connection could suffice if people are still upset about hyuuga not being good enough for Rinnegan. As for the Mokuton/Ice and such, only Hashirama had wood style yet there were many Senju. It doesn't take a certain elemental ninjutsu style to be able to have Senju blood. Yes, people are going to say "Oh, get an elemental KG before claiming Senju/Uzumaki/Senjumaki(I don't care)" Well, it doesn't just have to be mokuton. If the hyuuga were proven to be non-uchiha in any way, well screw it, we can say it is.
Lol I'm hungry.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2012, 07:14:25 PM »

I agree with Tusyo and even Luka (shudder).

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2012, 07:38:45 PM »

Wasn't Hyuuga once said to have been related to the Uchiha in some way, shape, or form? I believe that the blood connection could suffice if people are still upset about hyuuga not being good enough for Rinnegan. As for the Mokuton/Ice and such, only Hashirama had wood style yet there were many Senju. It doesn't take a certain elemental ninjutsu style to be able to have Senju blood. Yes, people are going to say "Oh, get an elemental KG before claiming Senju/Uzumaki/Senjumaki(I don't care)" Well, it doesn't just have to be mokuton. If the hyuuga were proven to be non-uchiha in any way, well screw it, we can say it is.

It wasn't an official announcement that the Hyuugas are related to the Uchihas in some way, shape or form. It was merely an theory stated by Kakashi or some other person I can't remember. But yeah, I agree with you, Hashirama was the only Senju who possessed the Mokuton Kekkei Genkai as he was the sole user and creator of the advanced Kekkei Genkai before Madara implanted Hashirama's DNA into himself and Obito. You don't really need the Mokuton just to be a "legit" Rinnegan user. All you need to be is either an descendant of the Uchiha or Senju clan and transplant the other Rinnegan user's eyes into yourself like Madara did to Nagato. Hell, Nagato destroyed an entire village just by using some borrowed power, yet, he possessed the Senju genetics whilst he doesn't possess the Mokuton. That was the reason why Nagato was able to use the said implanted eyes powers without requiring the Mokuton.

So my point is, no one needs to be a Mokuton user just to gain the Rinnegan, all they need is the genetics of both the Senju and Uchiha clan, however, they need a reasonable explaination how their characters are hailing from both Uchiha and Senju clan. However, I think it should take people some time/period before they can really unlock the Rinnegan, you know, just like the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan. Even though I still dislike the Rinnegan by a very high degree.

On the side note; If some people are really that desperate for the Rinnegan then I would say they need to have a limit from using the Rinnegan. Nagato overused the Rinnegan for like 20 years or more prior the start of the Naruto series and he nearly died while confronting Naruto as the Six to Eight-Tailed Kyuubi. Obito can only use the Outer Path & the Human Path, but only to some extent. If he uses other paths then those two will it greatly consume his chakra. Madara could only use all the paths because he was born with an extremely high chakra stamina and by the fact that he's immortal, Nagato could only use all the paths as well because he's an Uzumaki, and as an Uzumaki, they are naturally born with a lot of chakra reserves and are blessed with an exceptionally long potential lifespan and strong life-force.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 07:46:24 PM by Seiya Hatake »

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2012, 09:10:07 PM »

Why only apply the Doujutsu retroactively? Is it really fair to say that in the future, you HAVE to have Sharingan and Mokuton in order to have Rinnegan? I don't think  it's right to tell people that they have to set their characters up in a certain way. If Byakugan and Hyouton are being accepted, then they should be accepted regardless of when the person obtains their KG. It's not like many people choose Byakugan or Hyouton in the first place.

As you said not many people pick Byakugan and Hyouton in the first place. So, with that, why are you arguing with what I said? Also, it is fair if they pick it after the latest chapter. Why? Because SL follows the manga and the manga states what you need. Letting people reborn in Byakugan and Hyouton now if they already haven't is similar to just letting people learn Sage Mode. The rules of SL are you can't, but if people are breaking the rules of the manga and not reborning in Sharingan and Mokuton for Rinnegan then why shouldn't they be able to learn Sage Mode or Gates?

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2012, 09:45:12 PM »

As you said not many people pick Byakugan and Hyouton in the first place. So, with that, why are you arguing with what I said? Also, it is fair if they pick it after the latest chapter. Why? Because SL follows the manga and the manga states what you need. Letting people reborn in Byakugan and Hyouton now if they already haven't is similar to just letting people learn Sage Mode. The rules of SL are you can't, but if people are breaking the rules of the manga and not reborning in Sharingan and Mokuton for Rinnegan then why shouldn't they be able to learn Sage Mode or Gates?

This.

Shinobi Legends follows the manga and as the manga states you require the Senju DNA if it's not Mokuton and the Uchiha DNA. It's a lame excuse to say that the Byakugan and Hyouton counts on awakening the Rinnegan legitmately. If they want the Rinnegan legitmately then they can always create an secondary, tertiary or whatever account and make this their Rinnegan account. Or on that matter if they went for the Byakugan instead of the Sharingan, replace the Rinnegan with a Kekkei Tota as it's almost on the same level on the terms of firepower as the Rinnegan, or yet another advanced Kekkei Genkai like the Magnet Release or Poison Release or some other advanced Kekkei Genkai.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2012, 10:08:04 PM »

Wouldn't they still need to get Mokuton resets in-game in order to have an advanced elemental KG anyways for it to be legit? Or have I been missing out on something else.  :-?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2012, 10:26:33 PM »

*throws a white flag*
I'm callin' this dead myself and will just stick with Yumei's ruling of the Rinnegan and will enforce it with others who wish to rp with me. I was hoping for some better jurisdiction but I don't see any progress other then people complaining about the Rinnegan's great 'strength' when half of the rpers claim to have such strength naturally >__> you can continue bickering about Hyuuga/Ice/Wind/Wood whatever but the manga states Sharingan + Senju never has it stated Byakugan + Yuki.

As for now I actually will agree if you don't have a combo of EMS + Senju Genes (through rp) then you know what your screwed. Now that doesn't mean you can't rp your character claiming pirated rinnegan god forbid you do that? No you can. Though if a Hyuuga/Ice Uchiha/Ice wants to claim they had a legit rp way of unlocking it rather then implanting it is voided and that is that.
2+2 will always equal 4 though 1+2 won't make the same outcome, ever.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:53:42 PM by Takeo »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2012, 11:10:46 PM »

What exactly would be wrong with doing things just as they were but saying you need to grab Senju DNA or something via rp to use the Rinnegan? One thing though, if I remember correctly, what people are saying about Obito anyway, is that all he said is the Rinnegan techniques are chakra taxing and he was already trying to control 6 bijuu at the time, so he didn't want to waste it on the moves Kakashi and Gai already knew counters for. I don't like people claiming this as proof one Rinnegan eye has a handicap compared to two because I do not believe that is what is stated.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:13:09 PM by bocchiere »

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2012, 11:35:42 PM »

What exactly would be wrong with doing things just as they were but saying you need to grab Senju DNA or something via rp to use the Rinnegan? One thing though, if I remember correctly, what people are saying about Obito anyway, is that all he said is the Rinnegan techniques are chakra taxing and he was already trying to control 6 bijuu at the time, so he didn't want to waste it on the moves Kakashi and Gai already knew counters for. I don't like people claiming this as proof one Rinnegan eye has a handicap compared to two because I do not believe that is what is stated.

Just because you don't believe it doesn't make your belief true just you don't want it to be like that.
But let me answer my own question so we spare time. 2 Mangekyou Sharingan > 1 Mangekyou Sharingan? Correct.
If the Rinnegan is a evolution of an EMS then without question 2 Rinnegan > 1 Rinnegan.

If you want to go about with possibilities it can just go back and forth, 'Oh if Yahiko and Nagato were best friends then Nagato could have pulled a tobi out of gratitude and granted Yahiko an eye and have equal powers for both?' No We can't just assume on speculation.

So far we can see Tobi having to take alternate measure with just one eye and that will imply the same.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2012, 11:38:40 PM »

Just because you don't believe it doesn't make your belief true just you don't want it to be like that.
But let me answer my own question so we spare time. 2 Mangekyou Sharingan > 1 Mangekyou Sharingan? Correct.
If the Rinnegan is a evolution of an EMS then without question 2 Rinnegan > 1 Rinnegan.

If you want to go about with possibilities it can just go back and forth, 'Oh if Yahiko and Nagato were best friends then Nagato could have pulled a tobi out of gratitude and granted Yahiko an eye and have equal powers for both?' No We can't just assume on speculation.

So far we can see Tobi having to take alternate measure with just one eye and that will imply the same.

Your assumption is as baseless as mine though. Obito HAS been spamming the outer path powers as well as controlling the Mazo, so it doesn't seem to be draining him all that much.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2012, 11:55:07 PM »

Your assumption is as baseless as mine though. Obito HAS been spamming the outer path powers as well as controlling the Mazo, so it doesn't seem to be draining him all that much.
Actually, Madara stated that Obito would still be able to control the Mazo with or without the Rinnegan. But the main issue here, is that looting two Rinnegan eyes from a single person and then splitting them between two people would just double the amount of Rinnegan users that would sprout from a single one. And there's always the "2 eyes > 1 eye" argument. At least it counts totally towards Sharingan, since Madara stated that himself. Why not the Sharingan's final evolved form as well?

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2012, 12:09:47 AM »

My assumption isn't to be taken seriously. Though you obviously didn't get the point. You can assume countless of things but I would wait until the Manga as we thought the Rinnegan had been its own separate doujutsu but now it is stated to be an evolution when two of the components the Sage of Six Paths brought down merged together.

So far he only used outer path abilities to make his own six paths of pain that is all I've seen and can't speculate more. The Mazo I'm pretty sure due to half of his body being crushed and the other half being artificially made with Mokuton proves an ease for him to manipulate it.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2012, 12:19:00 AM »

One Sharingan isn't literally weaker than two. >_> You have a blind spot, and less jutsu and etc. It doesn't take more chakra or isn't as powerful because you lack a second eye.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.