Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: More Staff?  (Read 2511 times)

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
More Staff?
« on: October 25, 2012, 11:00:58 PM »

This was just spurred on after reading some of the stuff in Iwa, but would it possible to add more new, active staff?

Upon reading through the official staff list and who is active, from what I can see it is mainly Tracey and Kamui who I see online the most. I know the others come on from time to time to validate avatars,  and I'm sure there are more logistical staff things that I am not aware of that they may be dealing with, but I think that SL may benefit from having more staff to help mediate things.

I know that Zen helps a lot as well with trying to help with moderating, but I feel like it would help if we had more staff, or even just more gamemasters to assist with things.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:04:28 PM by Omega Purple »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: More Staff?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 11:06:14 PM »

Well I don't know why we are not supposed to discuss how something works in public in the first place, but I digress. Who would be good staff pics? I assume you mean people that would be moderators like Tracey and Kamui. I can't really think of anyone active and good for the spot off the top of my head. Other than me of course, I'm great.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 12:27:33 AM »

I agree with the need for more staff but I will vouch for myself when I state this; I don't feel anyone else is up for it. >__>

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 03:15:55 AM »

Well I don't know why we are not supposed to discuss how something works in public in the first place, but I digress. Who would be good staff pics? I assume you mean people that would be moderators like Tracey and Kamui. I can't really think of anyone active and good for the spot off the top of my head. Other than me of course, I'm great.

Not so much the discussion itself on how something works, I think it's just the fact that it turned into OOC that flooded the chat, causing the RP to be lost a few pages back (or whatever RP was going on to begin with) when discussion or questions should initially be resolved via pm's first, if possible.

In the past Neji had sent out a MotD saying a position is open and people could submit their applications online. However this is assuming that Neji would agree with the idea that we need more staff, since it is ultimately his decision. But as both you and Takeo mentioned, though I put forth the idea of adding more staff, I am also stuck with not having anybody off the top of my head that shouts "moderator material!!"

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 04:57:12 AM »

the only rp was me leaving Iwa, and I, you know, left. So there was nothing happen which is why I didn't mind making a few posts.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 03:23:17 PM »

Well although i do what i can as a GM i don't have Mod powers so i'm sorta limited. Not complaining. Just pointing out where i am. I know Raifudo was asking about becoming a GM before as well
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Chika

• Come on bro, she was at my house last night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 03:59:19 PM »

Well, there are a lot of biased people around these days...

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 11:26:24 PM »

Actually Kasigi Omi and Aiyana were RPing their entrances to the village of Iwa when the discussion was started.

Anyway, Kyu used to be staff, GM...I don't know if he would want it again but I know he would be good.

I personally don't have the desire to moderate issues nor the temperment. I get angry much too often.

For GM work though, I believe I am suited as I do enjoy questing and going out to create events. It would be nice to have other GMs to assist in some of the RP scenarios that are going on. Either on a small scale or large scale.

Activity level though is a big thing here. I thin kthat last thing we need are more inactive mods and GMs.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 12:52:46 AM »

In all honestly, I feel that some of the staff list needs to redefined a bit or re-worked because I still see every now and then, some characters that have access to Staff Login but really aren't contributing to the server...
I really don't see any new staff being initiated anytime soon since *almost* all of the hours are covered on the server for moderation but even us staff need our rest every now and then.
If any future occurrences with OCC which Purple discussed, I can just always give out my contact information; just in case such an emergency occurs which a moderator is needed to some extent.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 05:20:30 AM »

Considering Aiyana left Iwa with me I think she was done there, and Omi's entrance was what the discussion was about in the first place. I posted about what I thought and Omi could have pm'ed me, but you are always on the watch and gladly posted more OOC. Maybe you could let me handle talking to people in the village I am kage of, kay, Kay?

Chika

• Come on bro, she was at my house last night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 05:49:26 AM »

Someone should contact the current staff to figure out if they can become more active or not...thus giving the option of recruiting new staff.

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 12:31:00 AM »

I can dream of being staff. Even though in the past Tracy recommended me as a GM. xD

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 11:41:03 AM »

We might see changes here soon (tm).
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 14 queries.