Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Here we go!  (Read 5527 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Here we go!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 01:21:27 AM »

We could do well without a large amount of things that have been introduced since season one. But they're here. And besides, I'm offering suggestions on how to make the process smooth, even if the guy has to commit treason and create a *gasp* custom technique.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 03:58:13 AM »

Guess that'd make me the most wanted person. Suddenly I'm popular. Ermahgerd.

Just occurred that since NarutoUzumaki'll be treated as a vegetable (unless he manages to log into the character himself), we could seal off his house and deny access to all. Lulz.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 08:33:56 PM »

Who's "we"? I thought the OP was the one with the rights and such to control Naruto.

And I had almost forgot your list of custom techniques, of which could take up an entire discussion. xD
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 10:34:44 PM »

That doesn't mean that we (/Konoha) can't formulate a pathetic reason to keep Naruto hostage in some deserted place. Ha.

PM bro, PM.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 11:29:21 PM »

Actually, I have control of Naruto's character and he is, currently, in the middle of an ocean traveling to Kumo. I was the last to RP with him and had to character control his character to get out of RP. So, I could just character control him again and have him drown himself for no reason at all.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 11:32:59 PM »

Actually, I have control of Naruto's character and he is, currently, in the middle of an ocean traveling to Kumo. I was the last to RP with him and had to character control his character to get out of RP. So, I could just character control him again and have him drown himself for no reason at all.

Doitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoit.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 11:45:09 PM »

I just say we stop letting people OOC hand their stuff over when they leave SL.

Why not make them at least RP handing out/teaching (even though in this case teaching seems to be out) items/techniques before they leave?

And if they don't, the techniques they had just don't get taught and the items fall into limbo.  (And of course, the first people to RP finding them in whatever way would have the new legitimate claim on it)

Makes the most sense to me. 

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 11:46:50 PM »

Why not make them at least RP handing out/teaching (even though in this case teaching seems to be out) items/techniques before they leave?

And if they don't, the techniques they had just don't get taught and the items fall into limbo.  (And of course, the first people to RP finding them in whatever way would have the new legitimate claim on it)

So much this.

Like when Rares teleported his items to me RP-wise before decimating both himself and the Root Mansion.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2013, 03:19:57 AM »

Let's make a list of the things people have gotten from OOC agreements to give them away.

#1 Everything there ever was and ever shall be.
#2 And then some.

Zenaku got like 6 of the 9 bijuu through OOC. If both parties agree to not having to rp it then it is fine. If I want to give someone an item but don't have the time or desire to rp giving it to them and they agree to take it through OOC then that is that. Random people have no right to come and shout at you for not rping something you don't want to. And since it is this, just giving people things, there is no reason to force anyone to rp it. There is no fight here, nothing is up in the air, the result is predetermined, A is giving B to C. (which could be the plot of a naruto yaoi hentai) 

Now if you the person you want to give the stuff too is sealed away or would be unable to possibly come get them then that should be a different story. However if the possibility is there and you just want to skip it then there is no reason not to. This would be the epitome of an arbitrary rule if such a thing happened.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2013, 08:32:22 AM »

In some cases, that isn't really an option. Sometimes people leave SL of their own whims and schedule; others depart more abruptly and without the ability to do that sort of thing. To force them to RP something that is, as Bocc put it, already agreed upon by the main parties involved, is just too much. Can I get a witness when I say that if we RPed out breathing and eating, then we would all (most likely) be dead already.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2013, 09:11:36 AM »

And hence, pretty much all items can be traded away so long as there's nothing RP-wise that'd prevent the involved parties from meeting. (It'd be impossible to obtain an item from somebody locked in a hostile village, without first breaking into that prison in order to meet them, much unlike a jinchuuriki/bijuu-holding party and a challenger meeting, with the latter gaining a bijuu.)

Techniques though, aren't something that can be tangibly-granted to another party; anybody can steal a weapon from a corpse, but cannot gain the corpse's knowledge (unless Edo Tensei + Human Path'ing it).

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2013, 11:57:17 AM »

And hence, pretty much all items can be traded away so long as there's nothing RP-wise that'd prevent the involved parties from meeting. (It'd be impossible to obtain an item from somebody locked in a hostile village, without first breaking into that prison in order to meet them, much unlike a jinchuuriki/bijuu-holding party and a challenger meeting, with the latter gaining a bijuu.)

Techniques though, aren't something that can be tangibly-granted to another party; anybody can steal a weapon from a corpse, but cannot gain the corpse's knowledge (unless Edo Tensei + Human Path'ing it).

Though, you can't exactly Human Path an Edo Tensei zombie seeing as they are immortal and can only return to the realm of death with either an highly advanced Fūinjutsu, the Shiki Fūin, and/or like Itachi did in the manga, use a Genjutsu to trick them into canceling the Edo Tensei technique and then perform the specific hand seals to deactivate the said technique.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2013, 02:43:42 PM »

What, you can't tear out the soul of an Edo Tensei zombie? The Sword of Totsuka didn't seem to suffer any difficulties sealing Nagato within an ethereal sake gourd.

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2013, 02:56:43 PM »

What, you can't tear out the soul of an Edo Tensei zombie? The Sword of Totsuka didn't seem to suffer any difficulties sealing Nagato within an ethereal sake gourd.

The Totsuka sword is more like a Fūinjutsu weapon, it is more effective than the Shiki Fūin technique seeing as it can seal away another individual or any part of his/her's body for eternity unless another individual uses the Shiki Fūin: Release technique. Also, like the Shiki Fūin, it can seal away almost everything, even Edo Tensei zombies just as much as the Totsuka sword.

Human Path can't do such thing as that as it is only effective against living human beings, not dead people nor users of the Spirit Transformation Technique.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:57:55 PM by Seiya Namikaze »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2013, 06:47:06 PM »

Where does it state that the Human Path can't be used against zombies? Anything with a soul can have itself affected by the technique based on what I know. There is no preference on living or undead targets.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 13 queries.