Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

Is the Rinnegan still legit?

Yes, it requires Rinnegan resets.
- 2 (11.8%)
Yes, it requires Mokuton, Sharingan, and Rinnegan resets.
- 8 (47.1%)
Yes, it requires mixing the chakra of Ashura & Indra.
- 0 (0%)
Mixture of option 1 and 3.
- 2 (11.8%)
Mixture of option 2 and 3
- 1 (5.9%)
No, this is getting ridiculous and the Rinnegan is for Kaguya & the So6Ps only.
- 4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: May 28, 2014, 03:32:13 AM

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Is the Rinnegan still legit?  (Read 7752 times)

Thecurse

• Lets brush our cares away!
    • View Profile
Re: Is the Rinnegan still legit?
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2014, 08:09:11 PM »

Yup, Eric hit the nail on the head with that one. Rinnegan is essentially God Mode incarnate vs a good chunk of SL. All the things, like Eric said, that Kirk mentioned that are more op than Rinne on it's own aren't; atleast in my opinion.

Dust release!
Pfffft, Preta path

Everything else!!
Pffft almighty push...

Okay! Taijutsu!
Nuke? >> no no nvm, Human path.

If you're not of the top 10% of Shinobi and you're fairing against a fully decked Rinne goodluck xDD

And the act of multidimensional "ghost Kage-Kage Bunshins" at their disposal is meh. I say they have enough toys already.

As for the topic itself, I say keep it like it is. I'm an un-biased opinion. The diversity is good for role-play, but don't act like Rinnegan isn't op, I mean the very 1st path gives you the option to level an enter village into ruble...and that's just Shinrai Tensei. I can't count how many times people have attempted the Bansho Ten'in Kamui combo on me xDD but i digress.

So yeah, keep the ball rolling I guess.
I used to be an adventurer like you...but then I took a slap to the face and woke up >>....dragons AREN'T real.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2014, 05:18:16 AM »

Yup, Eric hit the nail on the head with that one. Rinnegan is essentially God Mode incarnate vs a good chunk of SL. All the things, like Eric said, that Kirk mentioned that are more op than Rinne on it's own aren't; atleast in my opinion.

Dust release!
Pfffft, Preta path
To be fair, Dust Release is pretty OP in it completely eliminating whatever it comes into contact with at the atomic level. Not to mention, Dust Release apparently doesn't require resets. Just some training and claiming.

Everything else!!
Pffft almighty push...
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Shinra_Tensei#Drawbacks

With sufficient strength, from a person or a powerful technique, one can resist it.

Okay! Taijutsu!
They would have to get their hands on you first. It didn't really seem like Gai or Lee had a problem taking on Madara when worrying about the Human Path's abilities. Besides, one of it's greatest strengths is it's mind-reading thing, which would require the user to pretty much be still and not get a kunai through their head.

If you're not of the top 10% of Shinobi and you're fairing against a fully decked Rinne goodluck xDD

And the act of multidimensional "ghost Kage-Kage Bunshins" at their disposal is meh. I say they have enough toys already.

As for the topic itself, I say keep it like it is. I'm an un-biased opinion. The diversity is good for role-play, but don't act like Rinnegan isn't op, I mean the very 1st path gives you the option to level an enter village into ruble...and that's just Shinrai Tensei. I can't count how many times people have attempted the Bansho Ten'in Kamui combo on me xDD but i digress.

You also have to take into consideration that people with a full Path-unlocked Rinnegan are also probably within that top 10%. Not to mention others who have developed countermeasures (like myself) against the Rinnegan's god-like abilities. Or even those (like myself) who have reached a level of power, skill or ability to take on the Rinnegan's stuff.

Now here's something new to bring to the table. What exactly is the purpose of a Rinnegan that is in the form of a six-tomoe (Sasuke) or nine-tomoe (Kaguya and the Juubi) Sharingan? What do they entail and what similar or different abilities do they give? Hagoromo has this Rinnegan separate from his own two Rinnegan eyes, so it is a Rinnegan and has been called such, but it's a different form of it that grants something else. I bring this up because I've started to see a few people claim it here and there.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2014, 06:38:05 AM »

I don't need to argue why the Rinnegan isn't a big deal anymore. Sage Mode is much more ripe for abuse.

If people want to claim the Tomoe Rinnegan just to have one then they can, but nothing has been explained about it or how it works. So it would just act as a normal Rinnegan IC.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2014, 04:15:02 AM »

Dust release!
Pfffft, Preta path
To be fair, Dust Release is pretty OP in it completely eliminating whatever it comes into contact with at the atomic level. Not to mention, Dust Release apparently doesn't require resets. Just some training and claiming.

Everything else!!
Pffft almighty push...
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Shinra_Tensei#Drawbacks

With sufficient strength, from a person or a powerful technique, one can resist it.

Okay! Taijutsu!
They would have to get their hands on you first. It didn't really seem like Gai or Lee had a problem taking on Madara when worrying about the Human Path's abilities. Besides, one of it's greatest strengths is it's mind-reading thing, which would require the user to pretty much be still and not get a kunai through their head.

You also have to take into consideration that people with a full Path-unlocked Rinnegan are also probably within that top 10%. Not to mention others who have developed countermeasures (like myself) against the Rinnegan's god-like abilities. Or even those (like myself) who have reached a level of power, skill or ability to take on the Rinnegan's stuff.

Dust release can be defeated if you either interfere with the hands of the user or absorb/seal the technique itself. Not to mention space-time ninjutsu.

In the SL verse, all you have to do is add moar power to the almighty push.

As for taijutsu... Well let's be real, what Rinnegan user would even want to engage in a taijutsu match unless they just want the practice/challenge? Even if forced into it, all they would need to do is get a hand on the attacking pendage. Unless it's on fire or something of that nature, then while you might get a broken hand out of the deal, you may also get a soul and all of its knowledge as well. Decent trade-off.

I don't see how pointing out that some of the top 10% also consist of those same Rinnegan users. Those who take the time for counter-measures are likely the remaining percentage of that 10%, which is still less than three quarters of the entire SL population, with slightly more lop when you consider the noobs with Rinnegan.

I don't need to argue why the Rinnegan isn't a big deal anymore. Sage Mode is much more ripe for abuse.

If people want to claim the Tomoe Rinnegan just to have one then they can, but nothing has been explained about it or how it works. So it would just act as a normal Rinnegan IC.

If people put the time into it, yes, Sage mode is more ripe for abuse. But... There are the lazy ones...

And I agree with that point, the Tomoe Rinnegan does not seem particularly special except that it granted Sasuke some special teleportation technique, one which has hardly been explained at all. It might just be nothing more than a combination of the sharingan's tomoe abilities and the Rinnegan.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.