Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Killing a Jinchuriki  (Read 3688 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Killing a Jinchuriki
« on: May 17, 2014, 09:53:40 PM »

We don't seem to actually have a rule for this. I have been saying if they die the seal fails and the bijuu comes out and rampages. Is there a desire to do it any differently?

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Killing a Jinchuriki
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 11:03:06 PM »

Unless a jinchūriki has outstanding life force (from being either an Uzumaki, having Wood Release or from being downright immortal), they will die when stripped of their bijū. Else they will be left in a crippled state.

I think we use this as an example, if you manage to kill a jinchūriki then the beast itself will just respawn after that user's death and go on some sort of rampage.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 11:22:15 PM »

That rule is what happens to the jinchuriki when the bijuu is extracted. I know which one you are talking about and that was for when someone who just has the bijuu sealed somewhere in a pocket dimension or something dies.

I just want to know what happens if I straight up decapitate a jinchuriki in a fight. Does the beast come out immediately?

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 11:26:03 PM »

Quote from: Bocchiere
I just want to know what happens if I straight up decapitate a jinchuriki in a fight. Does the beast come out immediately?

Well since you put it that way, I suppose it would just materialize and spawn within a set period; take Kushina's extraction for example, the beast didn't come out right away but first came out in the form of chakra before materializing into it's psychical form.

The set period? I don't know. It wouldn't be a week that's for sure.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 11:28:35 PM »

Kushina wasn't just killed either. I feel as though this might become pertinent in the near future which is why I am asking.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 11:37:06 PM »

Kushina wasn't just killed either. I feel as though this might become pertinent in the near future which is why I am asking.

I don't think anyone within the series was killed instantly from a bijuu fight, unless we count Yagura on this; since his bijuu practically roamed around after his mysterious death.
If you did manage to kill jinchūriki, we can assume it'll spawn within a set period right and go on a rampage because you killed it's only mutual link that it had; they both benefited from each other.

I do happen to recall that Kurama told Naruto that if he died then he would too as well.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 11:48:50 PM »

I remembered that too which is why I checked and it was something that was retconned.
"However, it is revealed that the tailed beasts can actually survive their jinchūriki's deaths, with the only consequence being that it will take time for them to revive without a host."

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 01:11:42 AM »

3 day respawn time? That's a shit load of lag right there.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 01:46:10 AM »

http://www.mangapanda.com/93-55672-14/naruto/chapter-503.html

It'll take a little while before it respwans
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 01:47:09 AM »

I have been saying that if you just kill a host the bijuu comes right out and rampages. I don't see any reason to put a lag on it. For the sealed away thing it makes sense. You could say the IC reason is that the seal cannot indefinitely hold the bijuu without someone seeing to its upkeep so eventually the beast breaks out.

@Trev: I also know that. I just want to know if we want to apply the same week rule to killing the host or what? It's a loophole I'd like to close.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 01:53:24 AM »

I'd say 4 to 7 day wait period, and the beast spawns where it was killed, or perhaps wherever the body is.

We don't got much manga information on this. All we know is that the beast will respawn after awhile.

So my vote is 4 days to a week, as it shouldn't drag longer than that. I'm torn between where it should spawn.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 02:24:54 AM »

...Also, if the jinchūriki dies with the tailed beast still sealed within them, the beast will die too. Because of this, the tailed beasts tend to be very protective of their jinchūriki, and will take any action whenever their lives are in danger. However, it is revealed that the tailed beasts can actually survive their jinchūriki's deaths, with the only consequence being that it will take time for them to revive without a host...[

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Jinch%C5%ABriki

"revive" and "survive" as used in the last sentence contradict each other. If the tailed beast truly survived, then it would not need to be revived at a later date, meaning that it probably still dies along with the host. Determining a respawn location would probably be dictated by either the former host's or the tailed beast's natural habitat of sorts.

My only example is that the 3-tails was shown to be living in a lake during its free time from Yagura. Now, whether it started there or not I am not entirely sure of, but I am definite that if it did alot of roaming there would have been plenty of people to notice it and take action. Granted, maybe that is what the Akatasuki did in the manga, and the anime may support the notion as well, but it would seem easier SL-wise to narrow it down to that.

Or, we could go with the suggestion:

If a host is killed while still hosting the tailed beast, then the beast also dies. The challenger, technically then, loses; however, when the beast respawns within a week's time, they are permitted to participate in the fight for the beast. In the meantime, among the challenger and the challenged, a game master must be declared to control the beast itself.
      The privilege to do so may be conceded to another party. If a decision has not been made due to a lack of choice availability, then the former host may control the tailed beast. Clear abuse of this will result in an official GM controlling the beast, the choice of which depends on availability and best two out of three for rock-paper-scisssors, with timestamps being used to limit hax.

This was still up for firm decisioning: http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7870.0.html

However, now that I read it, it feels kind of like a biju match situation, though obviously in a RP scenario, unless the host is revived, the would not be able to participate in the capture of the free beast in an attempt to re-obtain it.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 08:16:19 AM »

I think if you cut the head of a host off then you should get at least three post before the beast leaves the host body. So that you may steal it or something.... It seems pointless to beat a host if you have to wait a week for the thing to randomly appear and then go run it down again.

Kyutu - Super King -

• Yep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 08:49:54 AM »

I think if you cut the head of a host off then you should get at least three post before the beast leaves the host body. So that you may steal it or something.... It seems pointless to beat a host if you have to wait a week for the thing to randomly appear and then go run it down again.

I don't know about this. I think it'd be a bit more fun to actually have it the other way, as having the beast disappear and reappear somewhere else, or something of the like, would be heavy incentive to not simply up and off the target, but instead play smarter--and therefore hopefully have better rp-- about it.

Or, more than likely, for everyone to learn sealing/unsealing techniques.

---Time to go learn that Skeleton key thing.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 08:51:01 AM by Kyutu - Super King - »
>INB4 banned for opinions.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2014, 11:52:32 AM »

That would defeat the purpose of trying to take the jinchuriki alive in my opinion. It is much easier to just off a jinch than it is to capture them alive after all, and both in the series and in SL RP, capturing the jinch alive is usually the goal unless things are settled in a case-by-case scenario (which happens).
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 19 queries.