Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: IC death while OOC challenge fighting  (Read 5574 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: IC death while OOC challenge fighting
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 09:14:24 PM »

So what now? Bijuu rules trump over everything? That seems the most viable solution to me.

If the host is currently in an OOC battle then anyone who still wants to fight the bijuu IC without an official challenge will not get the bijuu no matter win or lose.

I think that would be the best way to do it. Really no skulduggery to get up to that way.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2014, 12:59:54 AM »

So what now? Bijuu rules trump over everything? That seems the most viable solution to me.

If the host is currently in an OOC battle then anyone who still wants to fight the bijuu IC without an official challenge will not get the bijuu no matter win or lose.

Well, that would seemingly solve the dilemma, except for what if the host wins their OOC match, but is dead IC. What then for the beast?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2014, 04:15:11 AM »

Well, that would seemingly solve the dilemma, except for what if the host wins their OOC match, but is dead IC. What then for the beast?

Well if the IC rp hasn't ended and the OOC match has been won than the person could capture the bijuu IC.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2014, 05:32:04 AM »

I may be late, but let's break this down a bit.

Whichever came first should be the one that takes priority. If an OOC match comes first, then that has it.

Though in the event that Eric or whomever else in this kind of situation dies, then there's one of two things that can happen depending on the outcome of the OOC match.
Match is won = Bijuu re-spawns a week later where the host died, as per what the rules state.
Match is lost = Bijuu spawns in the presence of the challenger, who then has to go through the trouble of fighting and restraining it.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2014, 05:44:05 AM »

Whichever came first should be the one that takes priority. If an OOC match comes first, then that has it.

Though in the event that Eric or whomever else in this kind of situation dies, then there's one of two things that can happen depending on the outcome of the OOC match.
Match is won = Bijuu re-spawns a week later where the host died, as per what the rules state.
Match is lost = Bijuu spawns in the presence of the challenger, who then has to go through the trouble of fighting and restraining it.

This, I think?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2014, 02:05:57 PM »

And if an IC match comes first?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2014, 05:55:40 PM »

I still say killer of the host fights the challenger.
No waiting a week, it keeps people from going "Wah this is unfair", and it's the simplest option. Occam's shaving cream or whatever.

IC match comes first? Then you shouldn't be dying anywhere else, because you shouldn't be anywhere else.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2014, 06:33:04 PM »

No waiting a week, it keeps people from going "Wah this is unfair", and it's the simplest option. Occam's shaving cream or whatever.

IC match comes first? Then you shouldn't be dying anywhere else, because you shouldn't be anywhere else.

Yeah that's true >_> don't start an OOC match if you're fighting IC. If someone gets assassinated IC then we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2014, 09:39:19 PM »

Yeah that's true >_> don't start an OOC match if you're fighting IC. If someone gets assassinated IC then we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

But challenges are intended to be done successively; there is no "oh wait, I'm RPing" clause in the rules last time I checked.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2014, 06:48:10 PM »

Well that has not changed as far as I was aware, did we not make it a rule that you inherit the challenger list with the bijuu? We should if we did not.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2014, 08:17:52 AM »

Well that has not changed as far as I was aware, did we not make it a rule that you inherit the challenger list with the bijuu? We should if we did not.

This. Plus the challenge lists need to be in accessible areas if they are not already.

I believe that is what I said. RP comes before an OOC challenge.

I do not like the notion that you die in RP before the OOC match is over and the challenger has to now fight the antagonist from the RP. This circumvents who is number 2 on the challenge list. There should be no way to jump in line ahead of someone who has been waiting.

I think having limited number of turns in a challenge is still a viable option. This thing could go on for months otherwise. Activity level might be fine for the two people in the match but what about challenger #2 who has to wait 6 months before he even knows if he is still in the running or there will now be a new list of challengers assembled?

I liked people inheriting the list of challengers for this reason too.

Well, a limited number of turns might be cool, but how would you do that exactly? Defeat the host in X number of turns? Show the best of your abilities in X amount of turns?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2014, 08:20:34 AM »

No there's no turn limit in bijuu fights unless for some reason you and your challenger agree to such a thing. There is no reason to make that a universal rule, I don't like that at all.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2014, 10:15:42 AM »

Ew. I don't like the idea of a turn limit at all. That would make fighting worse. The participants would use chibaku tensei, bijuu bomb, and 8 gates all in one turn so they could win before the turn limit comes. Bad idea.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2014, 10:20:57 AM »

Ew. I don't like the idea of a turn limit at all. That would make fighting worse. The participants would use chibaku tensei, bijuu bomb, and 8 gates all in one turn so they could win before the turn limit comes. Bad idea.

All of my yes.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2014, 10:31:38 AM »

All of my yes.

Indeed.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 19 queries.