Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bijuu Rules Proposition  (Read 3614 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Bijuu Rules Proposition
« on: January 03, 2015, 05:42:26 AM »

I said it in the "Refusing Challenges" topic, so here I go, we need a new rule.

Can you refuse challenges from people? Currently the rules say this.

"Should the Jinchuriki ignore or refuse the invitation(s)-with no reason given- 3 times consecutively, you may report it to other Jinchuriki."

When I tried to challenge Isaribi his logic was that he gave a reason, we cannot get along, and thus he does not have to fight me. I may not like that, but he's right. That is certainly a reason.

So is that what we want? Should you be able to deny any challenger if you can provide a reason why? Or do we want to make it an official rule that you must except any and all challengers? I think a decision needs to be made on this given the current circumstances.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu Rules Proposition
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 05:48:25 AM »

I agree.

It is horrible to be forced to RP with someone who just makes you insane.

but does that mean only my friends can challenge me?

Well that leaves a lot of people out of the loop here.

I say you have to accept. And hold it in public. and if bad behavior starts up then you can stop the match.
but you at least have to try.

and for pete sakes...you have to behave too. no egging your foe on till they blow.

I honestly could handle it either way. We just need to pick one or the other.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 05:55:44 AM »

I don't think "we don't get along" is a reasonable excuse for a decline for a Biju challenge, I see that is unfair for the people who want the biju, if we implement a "we don't get along rule" then biju will get locked because people will say "I don't get along with anyone so no one can fight me"

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 06:02:39 AM »

I don't think "we don't get along" is a reasonable excuse for a decline for a Biju challenge, I see that is unfair for the people who want the biju, if we implement a "we don't get along rule" then biju will get locked because people will say "I don't get along with anyone so no one can fight me"

I agree, you should not just be able to just say it. However I, and I bet Dart as well, could provide a plethora of pm's of us being sworn at, insulted, harassed, over and over, by Machina. I've had big fights with Dart and Isa and so neither of them wanted to fight me, and neither of them have had any issue with other challengers until Machina challenged Dart.

I think abuse could be easily prevented and at this time does not seem likely.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 06:16:58 AM »

While we can and probably will request that as individuals we all tone it down a notch, some people just fly off the handle when they get upset (like my sister, which i've been experiencing for years) and sometimes it's unavoidable that anyone will have to deal with rudeness, it's just the way you respond to it, not with petty insults but a kept composure, the fact of the matter is, that no matter what either individual says to each other, the outcome of the fight rules overall, right?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 08:09:45 AM »

I agree.

It is horrible to be forced to RP with someone who just makes you insane.

but does that mean only my friends can challenge me?

Well that leaves a lot of people out of the loop here.

I say you have to accept. And hold it in public. and if bad behavior starts up then you can stop the match.
but you at least have to try.

and for pete sakes...you have to behave too. no egging your foe on till they blow.

So, we basically re-write the first biju rule so that it omits "without a valid reason" and we already have all the diction we need.

1] ºHow to Challenge a Jinchurikiº
 In order to challenge a Jinchuriki & obtain a Biju, one must extend an invitation to its host; this places you on the list of challengers that each host must update in a publicly accessibly spot. [Either as a post in this thread or on the wikia as a discussion topic on the tailed beasts page. Here]  The two will make all arrangements for when the match will begin and where. Should the Jinchuriki ignore or refuse the invitation(s)-with no reason given- 3 times consecutively, you may report it to other Jinchuriki. Subject for such an event's invitation, for proof & reference of a challenge, must be titled: (Number of tails) - (Name of Jinchuriki); the body of the message may be as you please (though manners & politeness would of course make things much smoother).

Remove the bold is basically what we're aiming for?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 01:20:58 PM »

I never really understood the whole three times part to be honest.

In order to challenge a Jinchuriki & obtain a Biju, one must extend an invitation to its host; this places you on the list of challengers that each host must update in a publicly accessibly spot. [Either as a post in this thread or on the wikia as a discussion topic on the tailed beasts page. Here]  The two will make all arrangements for when the match will begin and where. Should the Jinchuriki ignore or refuse the invitation(s) you may report it to other Jinchuriki. Subject for such an event's invitation, for proof & reference of a challenge, must be titled: (Number of tails) - (Name of Jinchuriki); the body of the message may be as you please (though manners & politeness would of course make things much smoother).

That makes more sense to me. But yeah maybe it's just because I'm old now that I think there should be some minimum for behavior people should be held to for anyone to have to deal with them for weeks on end.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 07:49:21 PM »

I never really understood the whole three times part to be honest.

In order to challenge a Jinchuriki & obtain a Biju, one must extend an invitation to its host; this places you on the list of challengers that each host must update in a publicly accessibly spot. [Either as a post in this thread or on the wikia as a discussion topic on the tailed beasts page. Here]  The two will make all arrangements for when the match will begin and where. Should the Jinchuriki ignore or refuse the invitation(s) you may report it to other Jinchuriki. Subject for such an event's invitation, for proof & reference of a challenge, must be titled: (Number of tails) - (Name of Jinchuriki); the body of the message may be as you please (though manners & politeness would of course make things much smoother).

That makes more sense to me. But yeah maybe it's just because I'm old now that I think there should be some minimum for behavior people should be held to for anyone to have to deal with them for weeks on end.

The three times had been in there due to the 'with reason" clause. Outright ignoring the challenge, you get a few strikes before any sort of hammer comes flying at you. But then, if the person challenges three times in a row, once per day, and you just happen to be inactive, then you've got some issues unless the other jinchs empathize with your cause. Which was likely...

Though, if we're going to remove reasons altogether, it would better serve to give the host three strikes before they have to face the consequences of rejecting challenges. Otherwise, it's "oh you rejected this challenger once, time to sing". Removing strikes basically means that the host will have to either accept the challenge or face something akin to a stripping, putting even more emphasis on a host to always be active and ready for battle.

If that's the route we want to go, then I am beginning to empathize with Kayenta's feelings about the beasties.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 08:23:51 PM »

So since we're talking about Biju rules here's something that just occurred to me,

in the case of someone like Mr. Bocchiere, he has the challenge lists for both Kurama and Son Goku, but is the host of Kurama, which we all know

My question is, If someone were to challenge him for the Sonbi, would he be able to use the Kyuubi in that fight?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 08:32:40 PM »

So since we're talking about Biju rules here's something that just occurred to me,

in the case of someone like Mr. Bocchiere, he has the challenge lists for both Kurama and Son Goku, but is the host of Kurama, which we all know

My question is, If someone were to challenge him for the Sonbi, would he be able to use the Kyuubi in that fight?

Probably.

ºHosts are allowed to use their tailsº
There should be no arguments about a host using their Biju's abilities. However, the claim of utilizing all of their tails, if it seems unfit for them, due to period of time with the Biju, can be negotiable [but must be maintained brief]. Furthermore, other rules can be negotiated between both parties. I.E. Rules such as the number of contestants versus the host [? v. the host (1)] can also be negotiated, etc.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 08:36:14 PM »

so that means he can use two biju in one fight? That's a pain lol But I don't have a problem with it, just wanted to check

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 08:40:13 PM »

so that means he can use two biju in one fight? That's a pain lol But I don't have a problem with it, just wanted to check

Need I remind you that you still have a different fight to focus on for the time being? :P I do have a small line you know.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 08:47:16 PM »

I never said I was challenging him for Sonbi  :P It was just something that I wanted to know

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 12:28:58 AM »

The 9 tails is sealed in me, regardless of what bijuu you're trying to capture I still have that sealed in me, so you're going to have to deal with it regardless. People are allowed to use summons, Edo Tenseis, etc, there is just logical limits to it. We know the challenges are 1v1 so you can't bring your friends or an NPC army.

Just consider it ICly it makes no sense that I cannot use the 9 tails that I am hosting just because you're trying to capture the 4 tails from me.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 12:56:24 AM »

So why do we allow Jinchuriki to have a second bijuu as a summon if it isn't fair if they use it? If I can only use one I would just continue to use the 9 tails and not summon the 4 tails. I'm not obligated to summon it in the fight if you challenge for it.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.