Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Mayfly  (Read 10501 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Mayfly
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2015, 02:31:27 AM »

And hozuki turn themselves to water. People with mokuton can turn body parts into wood. So I really don't see the point.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2015, 06:37:25 PM »

And hozuki turn themselves to water. People with mokuton can turn body parts into wood. So I really don't see the point.

I hope you guys realize that most are not going to follow the 'no Mayfly for no Zetsu' rule when you have people who can turn into water. Not only that, but people have been using Mayfly like that for quite some time now.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2015, 01:32:05 AM »

The Houzuki clan is a group of ninja that settled in Kirigakure after the ending of the Warring States Period. Members of this clan have the ability to turn their bodies into liquefied form. 

Wood Release users have only been shown to turned at most, their arm into wood as part of a jutsu. >.>
That's not the same as turning your arm into wood and then merging it with the ground. >.>
No other Mokuton users have shown that ability.

I hope you guys realize that most are not going to follow the 'no Mayfly for no Zetsu' rule when you have people who can turn into water. Not only that, but people have been using Mayfly like that for quite some time now.

Of course. I'm just stating facts here.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2015, 03:41:53 AM »

The point was that if people can turn themselves entirely into water and partially into wood then there is no reason to ban people from merging with the ground. That actually seems like the most viable thing to be able to do compared to the first two. It's pretty asinine and people are just using it as an excuse to not deal with a technique that's a minor annoyance due to the ability to move at high speeds and become undetectable.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2015, 03:57:35 AM »

Even if Mayfly were to be banned, people would just circumvent it by creating some other way to move undetected at high speeds. Likely a space time jutsu.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2015, 04:48:56 AM »

The point was that if people can turn themselves entirely into water and partially into wood then there is no reason to ban people from merging with the ground. That actually seems like the most viable thing to be able to do compared to the first two. It's pretty asinine and people are just using it as an excuse to not deal with a technique that's a minor annoyance due to the ability to move at high speeds and become undetectable.

Go at high-speeds AND be undetectable! An annoyance indeed. 

And to Becuerel's point, it's true. Even if there was proof that only Zetsu can use this technique (oh, wait I think I provided that), we cannot stop people from using it.
But that's why there's a thing called, the "Void list". >.>

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2015, 04:55:55 AM »

There is not any actual evidence only Zetsu can use it, despite it being possible or even likely that it is true. I just don't see the point of all of a sudden going, "Hey this is a thing we could void now."

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2015, 05:08:05 AM »

There is not any actual evidence only Zetsu can use it, despite it being possible or even likely that it is true. I just don't see the point of all of a sudden going, "Hey this is a thing we could void now."

According to the Naruto databook, "This infiltration technique is characteristic of Zetsu."
Definition: Characteristic - a feature or quality belonging typically to a person, place, or thing and serving to identify it.

You may feel that Kamui is not worth voiding but I would void it, due to the fact that I see people are abusing that move (both versions). However, that would be a separate discussion.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2015, 05:13:36 AM »

According to the Naruto databook, "This infiltration technique is characteristic of Zetsu."
Definition: Characteristic - a feature or quality belonging typically to a person, place, or thing and serving to identify it.

You may feel that Kamui is not worth voiding but I would void it, due to the fact that I see people are abusing that move (both versions). However, that would be a separate discussion.

Raikiri is characteristic of Kakashi, that doesn't mean only he can use it. It's just not something that is ever going to have a definitive answer.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2015, 05:22:37 AM »

Raikiri is characteristic of Kakashi, that doesn't mean only he can use it. It's just not something that is ever going to have a definitive answer.

Perhaps, but there are several variations of Raikiri at this point, it makes me wonder how it's even original. >.>
At least there's proof of other people using those variations.

Side-note: I believe most people just stick to using Chidori anyway. >.>

EDIT: Well I guess at this point, it's just a matter of opinion.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 05:30:40 AM by Mei »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2015, 05:29:37 AM »

Perhaps, but there are several variations of Raikiri at this point, it makes me wonder how it's even original. >.>

[/quote]

Which is why I said Raikiri and not Chidori, there is a difference as Kakashi is the only canon user of Raikiri.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2015, 06:36:46 AM »

Which is why I said Raikiri and not Chidori, there is a difference as Kakashi is the only canon user of Raikiri.
[/quote]

Raikiri and Chidori both are custom techniques of Kakashi (he created them based off of rasengan I believe), so of course the only ones in the canon series going to be using them are either going to be Kakashi or any of the students that he taught (I.E, Sasuke).

Raikari and Chidori are not a characteristic technique of Kakashi in the same sense as Mayfly being that of Zetsu. They both require the special manipulation of lightning release chakra in a certain way in order to use.

Mayfly is characteristic to Zetsu in the sense that it is almost like a special ability of sorts, much like how only Nara in the canon series use shadow imitation and what-not.

* Much like Kaguya's bone manipulation being slightly different than the standard Kaguya bone manipulation, Zetsu's ability to merge with the ground is likely a natural energy attribute (recall what Zetsu are made of by the time the series concludes. They are not merely Hashirama Mokuton clones) that is unique to the creature known as Zetsu.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 06:40:02 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2015, 09:32:31 AM »

I probably wouldn't compare it to jutsu that could be taught to anyone and are only special in that they are protected by word of mouth teaching if I was trying to convince someone only one person could use it.

The only point was that if we're looking for any definitive proof that it is unique to Zetsu because of his physiology and no one else could use it, we aren't going to find it. There can be things suggestive of one or the other but that isn't proof.

Would certainly not be the first time people voided something for next to no reason. Is this topic done yet?

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2015, 01:35:51 PM »

Has no databook referenced Mayfly?

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2015, 04:41:41 PM »

Has no databook referenced Mayfly?

I gave it in pg 2 of this thread.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 15 queries.