Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Fight Club?  (Read 9102 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Fight Club?
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2015, 06:41:40 PM »

...once again, I do not see the point in making it IC.
So far, everyone who voted for this to be IC has provided with weird (and perhaps unrealistic) explanations to avoid IC death. Holograms? Really? >.>

Let's be honest, no good has been brought about in IC fighting, so why bother implementing it?
Everything is simple if we make it OC.

And I am not fond with the idea of people taking knowledge from the Fight Club with them IC. I think the Fight Club should be separate from everything else.

If we are going to be honest, no good has come of IC fights recently when there made public spectacle. SL rp did not get to where it is now with this place just being a chat server.

If a logic reason must be given, then have a NPC use one of the many reincarnation techniques to bring the dead back. Or have the dead RP in the shades and earn their life back through some mission.

As far as taking IC knowledge away, that would have to apply to contestants as well, and if the victor's name is the only thing that is remembered, the point of any of this being IC is minimized to trivial fame in character that could be gained through OOC fighting instead.

Having a machine bring you back, reconstructing ever fiber and molecule to a better state Borderlands 2 style is not as far-fetched as the king of hel l chewing you up and spitting you out in perfect shape. Heck, that could even work.

My motivation for wanting this to be IC is because we could already have something of this sort OOC. Not to mention IC zoning needs a better rap. If this works out, we might even could start having Great Wars again.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2015, 08:42:11 PM »

Why does everything have to make sense? So what if it doesn't. Who cares.

Rp is for fun so long as it is fun why does it have to make sense? That was something SL use to understand a Long time ago. When we lost that idea is when rp started to drop.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2015, 09:43:34 PM »

I love how you call holograms unrealistic in a world where I can literally shatter your mind by making eye contact, and the leaf village has the ability to build advanced cities in the span of a decade, that include the newest macbook pro and god only knows what else.

Having this IC is awesome because we /can/ in fact make missions to accompany this, as well as story arcs. Imagine if every village sent one single champion to fight on their behalf every year or so (Does not have to be an actual year, I’m just saying) And the winner of the tourney bring immense pride to his village and all that Jazz. They can even be given prizes that can only be obtained through the Arena. I mean, how hard would it be to create some custom weapons and armor unique to the arena that the victor of certain events could choose from?

I am totally against a memory erasing seal. I mean c’mon that’s not any fun at all. If you don’t want to be known by the world, use a disguise or adopt an alias. All you Uchiha/Senju/Uzumaki hybrids look the same and use the same techniques anyway. No one can tell you apart to begin with.

This is an opportunity to make IC fighting a thing once more, seeing as literally every single fight I have ever had the displeasure of witnessing that was in character turned to a shitstorm within the first 5 posts. So yeah, my vote is for IC. 

If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2015, 10:23:54 PM »

I don't see anything wrong with holograms, because I know someone that uses them. But as far as IC/OOC goes, I too think it could be IC. And instead of people arguing about who is right in the PMs, it is up to the judges (at least three) to make a call. The players then have to make their posts accordingly. If they don't like the answers, they can forfeit.
We just have to watch out for people trying to help their buddies when they're being judges.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2015, 10:41:59 PM »

Why does everything have to make sense? So what if it doesn't. Who cares.

Rp is for fun so long as it is fun why does it have to make sense? That was something SL use to understand a Long time ago. When we lost that idea is when rp started to drop.

Kirk's theory on what made RP back in the day better:

I love how you call holograms unrealistic in a world where I can literally shatter your mind by making eye contact, and the leaf village has the ability to build advanced cities in the span of a decade, that include the newest macbook pro and god only knows what else...

Well hold on, we're talking about shinobi nations here. They already had the precursor technology (we have seen computers and stuff, mostly in part I though), and all those jutsu they were not using for war could have been channeled into construction and ingenuity instead of the next weapon of mass destruction.

I don't see anything wrong with holograms, because I know someone that uses them. But as far as IC/OOC goes, I too think it could be IC. And instead of people arguing about who is right in the PMs, it is up to the judges (at least three) to make a call. The players then have to make their posts accordingly. If they don't like the answers, they can forfeit.
We just have to watch out for people trying to help their buddies when they're being judges.

I think 3 judges for a single fight is kind of overkill. I mean, all we really need need is one, two if you just want a second opinion, but I think 3 is overdoing it.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2015, 11:22:04 PM »

I only figured three because it helps prevent corruption/dictatorship feelings when judging. If the players are alright with just one, that's fine too. Just as long as people put aside friendship and grudges to come at these fights from a neutral judging perspective.

Also, no taking days to make up a posts. Fights should be spur of the moment things. Makes them more fun that way. Excuses can be given though if people have to leave, just tell the people involved that you're going and when to expect to be back.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2015, 11:46:57 PM »

I only figured three because it helps prevent corruption/dictatorship feelings when judging. If the players are alright with just one, that's fine too. Just as long as people put aside friendship and grudges to come at these fights from a neutral judging perspective.

Also, no taking days to make up a posts. Fights should be spur of the moment things. Makes them more fun that way. Excuses can be given though if people have to leave, just tell the people involved that you're going and when to expect to be back.

Also, no switching judges in the middle of a fight. You would think that should be implicit, but it isn't. A time or turn limit would be useful in the occasion that the fight drags on. A time limit of a calender week at max or a 4 turn minimum for judging might be something we could work with.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2015, 08:06:10 PM »

I meant the interaction between two separate holograms is unrealistic. >.>
How does 2 separate holograms fight against each other if they cannot interact with the other?
If recent technology have changed that, okay. But from my current understanding of holograms I don't think that's possible. >.>

Also .... I thought this was to promote zoning overall. Simple fighting. If your intention is to turn this into a RP Mission machine than I feel the purpose of this thread was lost to me. The reason I keep coming back to this game is the hope that one day I'll starting actively zoning again. I don't necessarily care for RP quest with multiple people where no conclusion is rarely reached. That's partially why I'm for OC fighting. Your 'fighter' may not gain knowledge IC but you can still improve OC....if that line makes sense.

I do not think there should be any emphasis on Win-Lose records, so perhaps each judge can give 1 Pro & Con of the fighters and leave a comment on the fight overall. This way, the fighters can leave with something (depending on what Judges may say) to be improved upon.

I guess no one liked that idea I mentioned earlier. >.>

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2015, 08:37:35 PM »

I meant the interaction between two separate holograms is unrealistic. >.>
How does 2 separate holograms fight against each other if they cannot interact with the other?
If recent technology have changed that, okay. But from my current understanding of holograms I don't think that's possible. >.>

Also .... I thought this was to promote zoning overall. Simple fighting. If your intention is to turn this into a RP Mission machine than I feel the purpose of this thread was lost to me. The reason I keep coming back to this game is the hope that one day I'll starting actively zoning again. I don't necessarily care for RP quest with multiple people where no conclusion is rarely reached. That's partially why I'm for OC fighting. Your 'fighter' may not gain knowledge IC but you can still improve OC....if that line makes sense.

I do not think there should be any emphasis on Win-Lose records, so perhaps each judge can give 1 Pro & Con of the fighters and leave a comment on the fight overall. This way, the fighters can leave with something (depending on what Judges may say) to be improved upon.

I guess no one liked that idea I mentioned earlier. >.>

It can promote zoning and have some RP aspects to it as well.

While there shouldn't be a great emphasis on win-lose records, the impression I have gotten is that this isn't necessarily a training arena, it's a place to encourage zone fighting with the occasional tip thrown in by spectators, judges, or friendly opponents. If a judge can give a pro and a con as well as decide the fight, that's probably an incentive for newcomers to get in on the action when it is tier appropriate.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2015, 06:47:24 PM »

Don't get me wrong, the whole idea here is to make OC fights, acceptable in IC terms. Really this should only be meant for zoners, whom RP. I don't want to flood the main zone's since people utilize such occasionally and sometimes even give us the burden of 'hogging the zones' which is why I suggest Jisegakure to 'house' this event. and then we may conduct private zones or use the main zone for the event. Given its description, this place is supposed to be a sanctuary; where anyone and everyone is to maintain peace with one another at all costs. (not sure who runs Jisegakure, but I'm rudely barging in to make this all happen)

With such, due to my fantastic sealing prowess and barrier knowledge; I will set up a barrier around it all to specifically alter this experience to your shinobi.(not as a means to have control over you but as a means to prevent tomfoolery) You can still visit Jisegakure and do whatever, but once you approach the arena area you will enter the barrier zone. My thoughts would be such; to construct a mind erasing seal that will forbid you from remembering your opponents abilities and other helpful incentives, chakra suppression seal that would refrain you from being able to preform any techniques, and any other restraints necessary(still to come). Aside from the various NPC's setup to break up any fights or quarrels of the like.

Within such barrier, in its center will be the arena. Surrounding it are various shops and stands; selling various foods, souvenirs, and supplies for those travelers whom made it to the arena. Then maybe a 'hospital' of sorts, in which those whom lost a battle can recuperate. A building that exchanges honor points for prizes and a general registry area, which would be at its entrance. Overall there can be sectors in which village factions may reside in; specifically the 5 great nations and then another area for missing nin/non aligned nin. The general meeting area is mostly open field, in front of the battle arena itself.

Once you are ready to actually enter the arena you are given an ankle bracelet or a wrist bracelet; whatever really. Although this bracelet will become your 'heart gauge' as well as remove SOME of the restrictive properties of the barrier. Which would allow your character to defend themselves normally. Essentially, once your heart gauge reaches zero, maybe through some pixie dust action; some revival technique activates to restore your body back to life. Although if the loser 'dies' they won't be restored to tip top shape, hence the creation of a hospital to allow for a more better recovery.

Whomever is the victor of a battle, ends up receiving 'honor points'. Dependent on the severity of the match is what determines just how many of those points you gain. If you are fighting for a village, those honor points also rack up for the village's overall honor. Meaning the more contenders a village has winning, the more honorable they are in the Battle Arena. Although, your individual character will still retain your honor points separately. I want to create some sort of prize list, that offers sacred techniques, customized weapons of the sort; in exchange for those honor points. The items sold at the arena are aimed to specifically enhance ones combat, only to make them much more deadlier in combat. Meaning these prizes aren't easily attainable.

The whole idea of this, is to see who is the most honorable shinobi when it comes to combat. I want to setup maybe some NPC bosses so that instead of group 2v2's or whatever, we can have group 2 v 1 where the 1 opposer is an NPC boss. The harder the boss the more honor points gained and so on and so forth. I'm also going to compose a 'battle master' who is the leader and organizer of this whole event. Keep in mind this guy is going to be OP AF to prevent anyone from ruining the event. Anywho, there are more ideas to come this is just some basics of the top of my head.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2015, 07:34:39 PM »

Yeah, I am still against a memory erasing seal. What’s the point of this being IC if we forget literally everything about the Area. It’s just unnecessary.

And I’m also not really feeling ‘honor points’. I mean, win loss records are simple and everyone already understands that system. If you don’t want to have losses on your record then don’t go to the arena where you might lose. That’s a pretty simple rule in my opinion. Villages can just be like “Yeah we have people who hardly ever lose in the arena” It’s a lot easier than trying to inform every single person about a brand new points system.

NPC bosses could be cool, but you would have to find someone willing to Gm them, and not get lazy or take weeks.   
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2015, 07:48:50 PM »

Well I'm viewing this Battle Arena to be a sacred place. Only those whom have held some years on their lives as ninja should really test their might. And declare their honor over the shinobi world. Hence the usage of Honor Points(its not like its a currency) where the more battles you've had in favor of you; the more honor within the arena you have. Honor Points should be regarded as ranking within the arena. just like a win loss record, the more wins shows just how good you are, the more honor and honor kept, shows just how good you are. You don't have to spend these points and simply wave them in peoples faces to be held number 1, but in order to keep a flow and forbid someone from being number one for too long; you may spend your points on worthy upgrades. This will make things custom to the battle arena as opposed to the outside shinobi world; allowing you to gain things you might normally can't.

As for this whole memory thing. I don't want this arena to be utilized as some sorta means to figure out every shinobi and their arsenal. We all have IC secrets that are maybe exposed OOC but shouldn't be retained. Which is why I am still trying to enforce that. This is essentially OOC fights in the IC aspect. So why not have this; your character doesn't succumb to memory erasing effects WHILE within the battle arena. Meaning if you've battled someone before, you'll remember everything you've learned. Although, once you leave the Battle Arena your memory is very vague about the person; maybe only facial and name recognition. Because seriously, we could have two contestants battle eachother; maybe the judge favored a decision over someone who should have one, but didn't. That person can feel spite and seek out their contender IC, retaining the knowledge of their weakness and expose such ICly. Thats no fun. >__>'

This is supposed to be a fantasy world in an already fantasy world xD

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2015, 11:44:17 PM »

People still have secrets? And technically, anyone that views the fight would be witness to the secrets. Does that mean the audience has to have their memory wiped too? Full on, Men In Black neuralizer up in there.
I think that if someone's willing to go into the arena, then they should be willing to display any secrets that they might be holding. Because in the end, no one ends up dead and it's just basically a big learning experience bundled up with some fun. The characters can go off in their own ways afterwards. Plus, everyone's got a 'THAT' jutsu. If everyone just always hides it, then when are you going to reveal the jutsu to the world and use it to have fun?

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2015, 12:01:08 AM »

I agree with Teostra, If you're willing to come to the arena then you're willing to showcase your strengths, like Gladiators!

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2015, 12:44:04 AM »

I'm just trying to accommodate for everyone who wishes to become involved. :P
Basically you come in and strut your stuff. Not as badass as you thought you were? Oh well, better luck next time, because there is a next time. Oh wait, look at the time. You're up against another challenger, good luck warrior! So on, so forth....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 14 queries.