Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Technology Progression  (Read 5944 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Technology Progression
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2015, 10:08:16 PM »

lol, I'm just gonna keep doing what I do with what I do.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2015, 12:13:38 AM »

Shadow, you know that this is probably the most active LotGD site out there. So telling people who want to possibly RP different things to leave this site is not really a viable option. But I believe that a little bit of different stuff should be allowed here, because it can add a lot to the game. The only people preventing stuff like that from happening is people like you who want to prevent other people from expanding their imagination. Hell, I ran into someone who was using Ki from DBZ. You know what I did? I encouraged him to keep rocking on because it was fun for him. And Madara, you know you basically just described someone who uses Rinnegan? If they use one body, they can just use the Ausra path to basically become Iron Man and use Preta path to absorb all chakra. But if you suddenly make a suit that does the same thing (let's say for someone who's been playing for a long time and has maxed out resets just for semantics), you're evil and voided for doing a bad thing. So like I said, pretty much everything that can be done through 'technology' can already be done through various jutsu anyway.

And Kage, I'm worried about what you said. Basically saying that we have to tread carefully about what we do and that we can't do specific things until Kishimoto shows us it's possible is a bit stupid. And you kind of made it sound that once (for example) power frames are canon, your village will be the one to 'claim' the ability to make them and anyone else should be voided. That's probably one of the big problems around here, is the whole claiming thing.

Let me expand upon certain points in my post.

We'd probably have to see what is now confirmed for being new canon technology. Cellphones and computers with networking have been a given. And for custom stuff, we would have to tread pretty carefully.

One of the things that I've been wanting to implement for some of the ninja in my village is power frames. Something exhibited as a fun color spread from Kishimoto. Three advantages that would be exhibited from this is increased strength (though nothing as strong as Sage Mode), carrying of additional weapons and tools, and more defense provided by the plating on the armor itself. It doesn't seem that far-fetched, since my village pumps out metal like nothing.

http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-663-page-3.html

The first high-lighted point addresses custom technology stuff. Though really, this should be said for custom stuff in general. We should tread carefully with a yellow light about what custom things we make, either it be jutsu or technology. Sure taking some canon things and combining, enhancing or altering it into something customized is a lot easier to swallow. But something totally new and unknown can be hard to take sometimes.

The second highlight is there because I'm simply saying that I've been wanting to, but I would rather take some input from the community first on whether or not it would be plausible or acceptable.

The third highlight is emphasizing that it was a simple fun color spread that Kishi illustrates sometimes. Like the wizard-ninja color spread and the samurai-ninja color spread that was also done. I'm just saying that it was inspired from that. Though that doesn't mean that it's canon material, which I already knew.

But really, this is all about what the community is willing to accept in terms of custom stuff. Because something could sound cool and really acceptable in your own head, but by the time you try to execute it, people could have varying opinions. This is why I encourage discussion with others on things you work on yourself. Essentially, you can bling yourself out all you want, but if no one is going to find your bling something acceptable/valuable, then you're just in your own world of value. And the point of RPing is to do it with others. But otherwise, you're just writing your own head-canon/fanfiction.

It's not like I'm trying to implement blinged-out Ame Ninjabots wielding AK-47s. That would be something totally unacceptable. (See below)

Though to help justify my cause for Power Frames, I do have the authority, resources, man-power and capital in order to create and produce them. But like I said, some input from the community would be nice.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2015, 12:23:43 AM »

I would have helped produce power suits in Ame, but I really didn't like the way anything was handled in Ame. Everyone seemed way to powerful. But I think that's just a trait that people on this site has in general. But that's why I left the city. You guys were no fun lol

Suishou Koji

• Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2015, 02:21:29 AM »

And there is Chakra Armor which is "sort of" like a Naruto-verse Power Armor.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2015, 06:37:15 AM »

So with the series continuing on a bit with the gaiden and Boruto's movie, do you guys believe we should start incorporating some technological advancements that they have made in the manga into the series?

Sure is the short answer. Just like jutsu, people will accept what they will accept; you make something unacceptable those who find it such will either ignore it, call you out on it, or otherwise reject said technology.

To start bringing meteors down at a push of a button, without exerting chakra at all, is a hyperbolic example that comes to mind that would likely be voided, though sometimes I don't think "void" is as popular a choice as it used to be, and perhaps for the better in many cases.

I am pretty sure cellular technology is not exactly going to devatate much, nor internet surfing (Jiraiya could have loved to have seen that. Imagine all the images he could look up!). Even power suits that absorb chakra might not cause too many issues as long as it has a reasonable weakness to it.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2015, 08:00:32 AM »

See, Keito's got it. Basically, everything that can be done with 'technology' is already done by chakra or already presented in a way within the anime/manga. So people who are using 'technology' as a basis to their characters/inventions/jutsu, are just painting something that already exists a different color.

And people seem to forget that Naruto does have guns in it. Or at least, Kiri does.
http://www.mangareader.net/93-24-7/naruto/chapter-19.html
Look behind the counter.

Basically, the way I look at it. Just RP with anyone and everyone. If you have an issue with anything they have/do, question them. Just send them a friendly PM saying, "Hey, I don't understand *thing*, could you explain why/how your character has it?" Or something like that. Just don't be nasty to each other like some players tend to be.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2015, 09:04:55 PM »

Susanoo is just a chakra gundam.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2015, 04:35:01 AM »

See, Keito's got it. Basically, everything that can be done with 'technology' is already done by chakra or already presented in a way within the anime/manga. So people who are using 'technology' as a basis to their characters/inventions/jutsu, are just painting something that already exists a different color.

And people seem to forget that Naruto does have guns in it. Or at least, Kiri does.
Look behind the counter.

Basically, the way I look at it. Just RP with anyone and everyone. If you have an issue with anything they have/do, question them. Just send them a friendly PM saying, "Hey, I don't understand *thing*, could you explain why/how your character has it?" Or something like that. Just don't be nasty to each other like some players tend to be.

Did you just look up guns in Naruto or something? Because I cannot even wrap my head around how you saw that minute detail, and remembered it for this thread after it being 14+ years since that chapter was released.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2015, 05:16:49 AM »

Look behind the counter.

Did you just look up guns in Naruto or something? Because I cannot even wrap my head around how you saw that minute detail, and remembered it for this thread after it being 14+ years since that chapter was released.
lol just search "guns in naruto" or something similar in google and you'll find links to it.

I'm also pretty sure Kishimoto said that guns have no place in the Naruto world, although I was thinking of implementing a chakra gun. >> Cool idea right. I know, I'm genius.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2015, 07:04:39 AM »

Actually, I remembered it because way back when in SL before all the regulatory garbage made SL the place we know it is today there was another user who used guns. Me (being the dumb teen I was back in 2005/6) said, "There's no guns in Naruto, you can't do that." So he proved me wrong by showing that picture. I remembered that moment, but had no idea where the page was. So I googled 'guns in Naruto', found the page, then remembered what chapter it was around and searched until I found it.

So yeah, he used a kind of chakra gun and we all had fun doing stupid RPs together.

And I agree on Susanoo being a chakra gundam.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2015, 03:49:15 PM »

Don't get me started with Gundam and applying some of it's hacks to Susanoo. (I'm disturbingly-versed in both subjects.)

But back to the subject, as you can see below Naruto is clearly browsing something on his docked LeafPad. And there seem to be three separate consoles on the wall of his family's home in the background.

It's safe to say that the motherboard and modern-day transistors are prevalent in ninja society now. Now whether or not people would like to use guns can be up-in-the-air with some people. But really, it's not much of an advantage over ninjas. Especially with ninjas that possess crazy eye techniques, whom might I add, are very plentiful in our day and age. Or even ninjas with good reflexes and/or speed.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2015, 03:36:39 AM »

I believe Shizune used a DNA sequencer when she analysed the white zetsu. Pretty high tech stuff there. And has one of those test tube centrifuges to separate plasma from the red blood cells.

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2015, 03:54:47 AM »

Actually, I remembered it because way back when in SL before all the regulatory garbage made SL the place we know it is today there was another user who used guns. Me (being the dumb teen I was back in 2005/6) said, "There's no guns in Naruto, you can't do that." So he proved me wrong by showing that picture. I remembered that moment, but had no idea where the page was. So I googled 'guns in Naruto', found the page, then remembered what chapter it was around and searched until I found it.

So yeah, he used a kind of chakra gun and we all had fun doing stupid RPs together.

And I agree on Susanoo being a chakra gundam.

But think of the advantages of it being mechanical. If a swipe of a Perfect Susanoo sword can cut mountains, think of lasers or rockets in a mechanical variant. No absorbing that sucker either or chakra negating defenses.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2015, 05:47:18 PM »

But think of the advantages of it being mechanical. If a swipe of a Perfect Susanoo sword can cut mountains, think of lasers or rockets in a mechanical variant. No absorbing that sucker either or chakra negating defenses.

Just like everything else, for the players that are going the technology route, they are ultimately in charge of moderating their actions. My character is probably one of the most technologically advanced characters in this game, but I feel like I do a good part at not being super crazy. I have no intention of making giant lazer beams that can match what Susanoo can do. To be fair, Susanoo is extremely powerful. Sure, I have a few rockets, but I will probably never use them. Just like America's got a huge supply of nukes, they're probably not going to be using them any time soon.

So basically, just like everything else in this game, it's up to the players to moderate their character's abilities and keep them grounded outside the realm of god-modding.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 19 queries.