Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: How Come?  (Read 6725 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
How Come?
« on: August 05, 2015, 09:53:04 PM »

Neala crafted armor that protects her. And it is legit and works. It is not hampered by its ability to protect her from Nara attacks by preventing her from using her own techs, it does not negate access to shadows for use, it did not prevent her from willingly walking into the Nara Shadow Dimension. She can wield it to make shadow substantial and create a sound barrier that reflects those away from her. It can keep even the head of the Nara clan from gaining an immediate successful take over of her body to do with as he pleases, even in his shadow realm, upon his first attempt.

Somehow all of these people listed have the ability to do the following, but apparently my Nara Master Blacksmith can't make armor to her specifications and I want to know why.

Taken from the wikia by surfing through with the random page mode, so not picking on repeat character entries...the following people were able to create characters and or weapons and armor that:

1] Mikoto Hyuga: Nanto Kakuyoku Jinzan[Southern Star Crane Wing Slice] This is the same as Hyūga's Eight Trigrams Palms Revolving Heaven but has a 360' effect and can shred through ANY attack that comes into their reach. And is also a 360' shield.

2] Koji: has the Quinzaki that can be charged with and absorb chakra.

3] FlamingChaos: can summons Bōkyaku, a legendary god of destruction whose howl causes a dust release burst whenever it wants. And the howl can cause a massive explosion to wipe out an entire village. With this he and the beast can level an entire continent.

4] Yoko Kurama and Hagoromo Gitsune: both claim the Senpō: Makai no Ojigi Sō[ Sage Art: Realm Bow Grass] which is a plant that mutates into a creature that responds to movement and heat to close itself about its prey and crush it to death. Its highly resistant and easily able to tank most explosions.

5] Athos: Abyss Seal that allows him to create a dark void for an indefinite amount of time. This abyss has no escapes, is a sealing zone that locks whatever gets stuck inside for good. Athos has not created a way to escape it.

6] Dāto Terumī: has Demi, a chokutō that uses his chakra for its abilities. These include halving the chakra of any object it strikes for each strike he lands. Is useful against objects, people, and jutsu.

7] Angra Mainyu: Is the God Jashin.

8] Uchiha Kage: can summons Byakko, the White Tiger of the West. He can resist many hurricane and wind-related attacks and conditions with ease. He can also be summoned as a Mitama and can swallow sources of wind.

9] Tessuhai Tsuyo: Obtained Dark Chakra from sealing the Reibi. A complete and separate chakra dimension in addition to his normal one.

10] Akasaka Rakudo, Hazama, Yuuta Uchiha: all claim Wakusei Hakaihō[ Planet Destruction Cannon] Its a palm strike that has the repulsive force similar to Shinra Tensei instead of an explosion. But that is an alteration. Normally it releases a blast of explosive chakra.

11] Kyoko Sakura, Namikaze Sasuke, Enryu Uzumaki: Chakra Chains Barrier that can prevent anyone or thing from entering.

12] Kurohime: Kōgōyasha: Ken no Hikari [Light of Sword] that are six needle bodies of chakra given form through Yang Release. They can change direction in midair, and do not lose momentum no matter the distance. Defying the laws of physics. Can travel through human body, constructs of earth and stone.

13] Soya: Shidare Josei [Weeping Lady] is a blade with a complex release mechanism,  wherein eight diverse strains of poison are secreted through the handle via a revolving cylindrical chamber. Designed to react to specific stimulus, only extremely particular frequencies and nuances can unlock the eight separate chambers. Depending on the frequency emitted, the poisons will either be liquid or gaseous. Liquid poisons will coat the blade, and gaseous poisons will be released with each swing of the sword. Unless taught these frequencies, the blade's primary feature is unusable. A proximity sensor enables recovery of the blade should it exceed the inherent range of usage, allowing for a repetitive projectile and recall function. The sylphlike motif and unique alloy from which it is forged produce inaudible, silenced movement ideal for exponents of subterfuge and roguery.

14] Akasaka Rakudo, Akihiro Uchiha, Arashi Yujo, Kamui Uchiha, Meikai Uchiha, Shinkō, Solo Uchiha, Trev, Xiarawst Uchiha, Yasaka Uchiha, Yuuta Uchiha: Izanagi...seriously? Is there anyone left on SL who has an Uchiha eyeball left in their heads after this many people have been out harvesting? I assume they are not making their own eyes go blind. And it can only be used by those with the genetic traits of the Sage of the Six Paths.

15] Yasaka Uchiha: summons a Giant Multi-Legged Reptile. This is an animal Path complete with rinnegan eyes with spines on its tail that even steel blades cannot break.

16] Kyoko Sakura, Kage Uchiha: Koushuuha Yaiba no Jutsu[High Frequency Blade Technique] uses the flow of lightning chakra through its blade that vibrates as a high frequency than normal lightning-nature chakra. It can cause steel blades to shatter so the blade has to be forged from steel release. It can cut through most, if not all, natural and artificially created alloys.

17] Seijin Saikōsai: Fūbaku Hōjin[Sealed Bomb Square Release] an array of exploding tags that can be detonated with a hand seal and should their opponent attempt to move, the tags explode. Since the target is unable to move a team-mate will then be able to attack them with no problem. The tags can be shut off by the controller.

18] Athos: Tailed Beat Copying Seal: a copy machine, learning and copy down the chakra signature of a Tailed Beast. After the seal has had enough time near the Tailed Beast in question, one of the circles becomes filled with the Kanji for the Beast's name by how many tails they have. Once the seal 'copies' the chakra of a Tailed Beast, this allows Athos access to it. What this means is that by pouring his chakra through the seal, he can produce chakra like that of the tailed beast he has copied.

19] Takeo: Raiton no Shin is a blade that when charged with Raiton that he has yet to find an object, or person that its blade couldn't slice through. It has three seals. The first the blade becomes engulfed with flames. A single swing of the blade will unleash torrential flames that reach thousands of degrees. He is also able to unleash a burst of scorching flames that reach up to fifty feet in radius. Anything within that radius will be incinerated. The Second  it becomes shrouded with Lightning. The Lightning is capable of being launched at large distances. The Lightning Blast is able to blow through Rock. The third is not listed.

20] Goū: Transcription Seal: Kamui seals the technique Kamui within the Sharingan of another person. After being sealed within the person it is involuntarily activated (indicated by the person's Sharingan taking the form of the sealer's Mangekyō Sharingan) when the eye sees its target, which is predetermined by the user.

21] Thanatos: Jigokuchō[Hell Butterflies] summons. They can burn slightly to the touch, but they can be used mainly as katon conductors. The fire can/will travel through them and at their death, they will create very small explosions, which in large swarms could be fairly large.

22] Mystique: Double Blade Scythe. This scythe is just like Hidan's yet instead of three spikes it has two and the blades coloring on each is half red and half black.

23] Ventus: Jōki no Yoroi[Steam Armor]  the armour contains a furnace in its back, where the steam is stored. The pressure resulting from this emitted steam can then be used to increase the force behind his physical attacks. The exact amount of force produced is proportional to the quantity of steam released, as the greater the volume of steam utilized, the larger the pressure that can be built up within the armour is.This armour would later be able to utilize chakra instead of Steam.

24] Taraka Uchiha: Kuro no Ekusukaribā[Black Excalibur] is a sword bestowed to Taraka by Angra Mainyu. It is welded from an unknown substance, although it is strong, and durable enough to cleanly-cleave through un-enhanced tools with ease, and without leaving any marks.

25] The Akatsuki: Genjutsu Mullifying Ear Plugs that are made of a porous plant material, usually created via Mokuton. They possess the ability to absorb chakra so, when placed inside both ears, they render the user immune to auditory Genjutsu. This is due to the fact that the chakra in the sound is absorbed before it can have any effect on its target.

26] Hazama, Kurōn Yasei: Fear Toxins that is a complicated mixture that formed a severely dangerous toxin that causes the victim to either have their phobias appear before their eyes, their greatest fears, and even has the ability to make the victim afraid of something that they weren't before. This toxin is meant to drive the victim to the edge of insanity, aiming to break them mentally. There is no time limit upon this toxin, once being taken in by the victim, in one of the many ways possible, it stays within the bloodstream for good until the antidote is injected into the body. The antidote is not only more complicated than the toxin itself but is crafted with a rare plant found within the lands of Otogakure, almost ensuring that Hazama is the only one whom can cure those infected.

27] Kayenta Moenkopi: Sagi Uchimasu[Heron Strike] a katana Mole Sage The Crazy ANBU made that Absorb chakra from an opponent. Discharges chakra as an attack. Discharges chakra to recharge a person's depleted circulatory system. Instinctively activated chakra drain upon the touch of a hand other than Moenkopi's. (excluding Mole Sage)

28] Sabumaru: Akkan[Rascal] a sword that absorbs the souls of victims it has stabbed and giving their chakra and knowledge to it's master. The sword is permanently bound to the owner until their death, and it cannot be destroyed so long as they remain alive. And numerous other items. He really enjoy crafting.

29] Takeo Hyuga: master sword has secret Uzumaki evil sealing powers.

30] Yomi: Maboroshi[Cloak of Illusion] is a special hooded cloak made from an unknown black material which enables Yomi to make use of the shadows around her. It is rumored to be a living cloak. Once worn, the cloak can allow the wearer to sink into a shade and not be detected. It can also absorb shadows which it uses to form 'wings' which can be used for temporary flight. If it is idle, it can serve as an ordinary cloak which hangs down Yomi's shoulders.

31] Zojin Tanaka: Zenchō[Harbinger] matched set of blades that If enough chakra is pumped into the Zenchō, a black aura will emit from the blades before manifesting itself into a more contained shape.  The aura itself is not considered chakra but more so a manifestation of spiritual will.  While this aura retains its semi-translucency, it concentrates onto the user as an outer layer which covers the hands and leads all the way up the blades, giving the swords an extra one foot in length.  In this non-tangible state, the Zenchō obtain the ability to cut through manifested chakra and non-tangible essences easily. 

32] Keitō Uzumaki: Death Knights. artificial humans created from the Uzumaki's cells and are powered to do his every command. They have the ability to enter the Spiritual Realm and travel in and out of such to achieve great distances and excellent undetected surveillance. They dissipate into a misty like haze once struck by extremely powerful life forces akin to Nine-Tails Chakra Mode. They seem to also be able to use a modified and intricate utilization of Mayfly. They also have the ability to consume and eat away at chakras upon physical contact alone. They may physically attach and morph themselves to consume and entirely cover up a person; consuming them as well as being able to portray them through the substitution technique. masters of disguise as well, Keitō utilizing them from time to time to be in more places at the same exact time. ability to harness every elemental nature type on a minor scale, granting them access to a wide range of techniques and abilities. Although their most notable usage is wood release and the ability to end lives by sucking out souls. Linked with the Shinigami's will they have various techniques relating to ritualistic soul sealings and killings, harnessing divine powers to do such. Their ability to stretch chakra beyond its measures in to Yin and Yang has served them tremendous benefits.

33] Soya: Nail Bat. This is listed because Neala made it for him. A bat with several nails protruding from it... A crude, brutal weapon endowed with the ability to drastically enlarge with the application of energy. Shards from the thuggish bludgeon continue to grow even when separated from the main body.

34] Nara Eric: Trench Blades, also crafted by Neala to imitate his Blade of Shadows through which he uses his shadow limitation techs. Through is description alone she was able to craft these replacement blades.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
Re: How Come?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 10:29:21 PM »

Did you even read the techniques you posted? Like c'mon. I see Trench Knives on there, that is just plain funny cause that isn't even Custom. xDD

They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 10:35:07 PM »

If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 10:35:30 PM »

did you?
34] Nara Eric: Trench Blades, also crafted by Neala to imitate his Blade of Shadows through which he uses his shadow limitation techs. Through is description alone she was able to craft these replacement blades.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 11:31:56 PM »

I haven't used Quinzaki in years. I should take it out of the wood work.

Neala's armor is pretty weak compared to some of those items on the list. Annnd I'm pretty impressed that Kayenta formed an entire list of such.

Even though Riku and Rusaku disagree.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 11:44:47 PM »

I haven't used Quinzaki in years. I should take it out of the wood work.

Neala's armor is pretty weak compared to some of those items on the list. Annnd I'm pretty impressed that Kayenta formed an entire list of such.

Even though Riku and Rusaku disagree.

Not saying that it's Super mega strong. My argument from before was that she created an armor based off of Nara techs, not Eric Nara techs. Totally different ballpark. XD But I don't really care anymore, just happy they found resolution.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 11:47:07 PM »

I don't have other eyes to use inzangi with, if I do, it will be at the cost of my own eyes.

I would not likely accept some of the people's custom techniques if it were up to me. So it isn't just picking on you, as most of that list I wouldn't accept.

Not saying your custom armor is wrong, just saying that not everything listed on there is accepted.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 11:59:37 PM »

While reading some of that stuff, I couldn't help but think of this. With my collection of items, I'm trying my best to balance them.

100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 12:04:47 AM »

Most common flaw in that list I see, is the lack of flaws. Give something drawbacks, downsides or whatever, and it tends to immediately become much more reasonable >> Neala's thing imo is quite tame in comparison to most of those.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 12:23:44 AM »

Quote from: Take it from this guy here
I don't have other eyes to use Izanagi with, if I do, it will be at the cost of my own eyes.

To officially clarify on this subject. Genetic traits of the Sage of Six Paths is evident through many clans--those which include the Uchiha clan. Sharingan = Izanagi (Whether it's implanted or genetic)

Honestly. I decided to remain neutral on the whole "Eric vs Neala" topic and haven't made a post in any of those specified threads...until now. (I haven't read into Neala's custom armor and only know a little bit of Eric's techniques. :oops:)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 12:59:09 AM »

Well I don't know.

I will try to create pages and such for all my characters, but you know how massive a project that will be. And to list their items and powers and such. And to show things to people and get feed back before incorporating them into rp in the future.

That is what we used to do. Zenaku, FlamingChaos, Mariko, Mei and I. And I know other people had their groups of people they would bounce ideas off and test things out with too.

However, I do keep my own private listings of abilities to keep things straight, and this armor did not just pop up mid rp.

I have to agree with Warren. Everything should have weaknesses.

and about Izanagi. I know that is canon and how it works. It was an example of a do-over jutsu that tons of people seem to have. a very massively OP ability. And it seems to be fine with folks that this is so. in light of that, how is Neala's armor getting the big thumbs down? It doesn't re-write history, it doesn't spew out fire hot as lava and incinerate everything in a 50 ft radius, it doesn't suck out people's souls, it doesn't stop everything in the entire world from reaching her, it doesn't character control anyone by implanting a kamui tech of her choosing into the eye of another person's sharingan to activate upon a specific condition of her choosing, it doesn't give her power over every element nature in the realm, it doesn't give her all the power and the knowledge of another character who touches it, and so on and so forth.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 01:42:58 AM »

Unless there was a misunderstanding, those trench knives were chakra blades; as in, they absorb the affinity of the chakra of the user. While I will not go out and make the claim that anyone can make that, while its intent was for me to channel shadow imitation within it, the blades also are useful for my Futon.

omehow all of these people listed have the ability to do the following, but apparently my Nara Master Blacksmith can't make armor to her specifications and I want to know why.

Because I don't even half RP with 3/4 of that list nor zone with really anyone on that list.

Just kidding, but seriously, the vast majority if not all of those are not specialties of my character. shadow seal would have no effect on their potency, and for some, being in the Nara Dimension would have little effect as well.

Actually, I am fairly certain that in order to use Izanagi, you have to have some Senju in you. You can't just be Uchiha and use Izanagi last time I checked, even in the SL-verse.

... in light of that, how is Neala's armor getting the big thumbs down?

I presume that it is because of the context of the situation.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 02:39:02 AM »

I am sorry Eric, but it wasn't made to work except against you and in your shadow dimension.
That is a stipulation that you have placed upon its construction. The only reason I entertained compromise was because of the accusation that I just made it up on the spot. Not because you feel it won't work on you.

And here is a heads up. As Neala gains in strength? Her ability to block you with it will too. AS it is now at her current power level, it was only strong enough to counter you for the second it would take for her to eject her lava.

The trench blades were made to imitate the power of your shadow blade. so if that is also something it could do, then i see no reason why these could not either. I wish I had to rp to double check the specs, cause I like to have that sort of thing. But I see no reason to place doubt upon your memory of the event either. The blades do what you say they do, because that is what they were made to do...meet your needs as laid out by you at the time. That I can't perfectly recall every aspect of them is just the effects of time and should not cast them into doubt.

Just as they were made to your specs, Neala made herself some armor to her specs.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 05:32:40 AM »

You already answered it, Izanagi is canon and yours isn't. So what you will about that, but more often than not Canon>Custom. Plus Izanagi seals your eye away forever, no getting it back. And if you're not a senju, it's duration is not very long at all.

And your armor hasn't gotten a big thumbs down, in fact several players have said it's fine and even agreed with you in the other topic. The only real thumbs down was from Eric, and you gave him a thumbs down as to what he could do. Tis the nature of custom things.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 10:20:30 AM »

I am sorry Eric, but it wasn't made to work except against you and in your shadow dimension...

... The only real thumbs down was from Eric, and you gave him a thumbs down as to what he could do. Tis the nature of custom things.

While I would like to add that I did actually have at least one person agree with me in the alternate thread, this pretty much is my response.

... The trench blades were made to imitate the power of your shadow blade...

Imitate, not perfectly replicate.

I asked for chakra blade trench knives that were fairly similar to the canon trench knives that Shikamaru used, since that seemed like the only suitable replacement for my most OP non-jutsu weapon prior to winning that Jounin Exams sword (I can curse shadows so it would seem redundant, but it's not quite redundant from a versatility standpoint) that did not have to be custom made from scratch. Felt it would be cheating to custom create (or have created) an exact copy of the sword with all of its characteristics.

In my last biju fight, I in fact intended on using that custom in a last ditch effort to win. Needless to be said, my competitor disagreed that I would be able to use it in time. I disagreed, but eventually the judge ruled in my competitor's favor. The speed of my shadow imitation and the evocation of the weapon, the latter of which being custom, was not acknowledged how I wrote it due to various factors.

I don't want to derail this topic back to "Eric and Neala", so let me just conclude in giving my answer to your original question: You can create something to certain specs all day, but if it is not acknowledged in the RP by the other RPer(s) as having those specs (or that those specs do not alter the situation as posted), then it becomes a matter of discussion or blunt force ruling in deciding the end result.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.