Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: How Come?  (Read 6727 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: How Come?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 11:25:40 AM »

yes. that is what sl rp is now. debate and argue to skinny out of having to react and out think an opponent.

Be that as it may, I am not going to rp with people who feel they have to void everything I create. Oh that is not to say I feel I am above going over board, but for the most part all of my characters are quite weaker than most everyone on the site and more in line with pre-shippuden than not. Nor shall I be revealing all my secrets to take the element of surprise from my rp.

Anyone who has rp'd with me knows how very much I do hate spoilers. I like to be surprised and I find that to show my whole hand just simply kills what is most interesting about role playing to begin with. Much of what my moves can do and my weapons is missing from those bios that I have managed to make. On purpose.

And while in a character death situation, I know exacting details and specifics must be attended to, by and large, the bulk of my RP does not involve character death and can be much more relaxed.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2015, 02:13:03 PM »

Forgive me Kay since I have still not read the thread between Neala and Eric.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought what was being questioned was the 'activation ability' of the armor, not the strength of the armor itself. I'm sure your armor can resist Eric's techniques, even if it's for a mere moment or 2.

Also someone said earlier, some of the items are kinda OP and although may be fun to RP in a story against NPC, they are not suited against other players.

Also I want to point this out:

25] The Akatsuki: Genjutsu Mullifying Ear Plugs that are made of a porous plant material, usually created via Mokuton. They possess the ability to absorb chakra so, when placed inside both ears, they render the user immune to auditory Genjutsu. This is due to the fact that the chakra in the sound is absorbed before it can have any effect on its target.

This is not accurate as we have seen Pein defeated by sound genjutsu, so it's not something you can absorb chakra from. Just saying. >.>

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2015, 04:31:23 PM »

... This is not accurate as we have seen Pein defeated by sound genjutsu, so it's not something you can absorb chakra from. Just saying. >.>

Pain did not use the Preta Path at any time he was hit by sound genjutsu. He does not automatically absorb chakra. If you don't chakra absorb a jutsu then you can't nullify the technique via chakra absorption.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2015, 06:05:50 PM »

Pain did not use the Preta Path at any time he was hit by sound genjutsu. He does not automatically absorb chakra. If you don't chakra absorb a jutsu then you can't nullify the technique via chakra absorption.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Demonic_Illusion:_Toad_Confrontation_Chant

So not only did Pein knew that this was genjutsu but had plenty of time to absorb the 'chakra within the sound'. Moral of the story, that method cannot work. >.>
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 06:06:59 PM by Mei »

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2015, 09:30:22 PM »

So not only did Pein knew that this was genjutsu but had plenty of time to absorb the 'chakra within the sound'. Moral of the story, that method cannot work. >.>

Good job again, Mei.  :smt023
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2015, 09:43:41 PM »

I'm actually impressed. That is an interesting detail that should probably be looked into. What can and cannot the Preta path absorb?
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2015, 09:48:45 PM »

For all we know, it could have been a mistake Kishi overlooked and forgot about. But I believe that Preta path needs a physical form of something to grab onto to absorb the chakra from it. In the case of fuuton or suiton, those kind of have physical forms. Sound is just sound waves. It also brings the question of how would Preta path absorb doton abilities, because I don't really know how that would work.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2015, 10:17:39 PM »

Though I'm fairly sure the Preta Path was done absorbing the fire, you make an interesting point. So if the Preta Path can't absorb genjutsu, then maybe ninjutsu is the only thing it can absorb.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2015, 03:03:34 AM »

Though I'm fairly sure the Preta Path was done absorbing the fire, you make an interesting point. So if the Preta Path can't absorb genjutsu, then maybe ninjutsu is the only thing it can absorb.

That's exactly what it means.
From the time that Chakra Absorption was introduced to the appearance of Preta path, the only way for someone to absorb your chakra was through physical contact. http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Chakra_Absorption_Techniques

Let's take a look at Preta Path's ability. http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Blocking_Technique_Absorption_Seal
-----
Blocking Technique Absorption Seal* (Fuujutsu Kyuuin)
Ninjutsu, Fuuinjutsu, No rank, Defensive, Short range (0-5m)
User: Pain

An inexhaustible vortex, absorbing all techniques!!

By spinning the chakra flow within one's body in the opposite direction, all of the opponent's techniques aimed at oneself will be absorbed. The absorbed chakra is dispersed within the body. Like a bottomless swamp, the power is swallowed.

[picture of Pain's Preta Realm absorbing Jiraiya's Super-Big Ball Rasengan]
↑All techniques are absorbed and made ineffective, regardless of the nature of the chakra.
-----

When talking about the nature of the chakra, they are referring to the elements (Fire, Water, Lightning, etc.). And when elemental chakra is involved, it's part of ninjutsu.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Rinnegan users are the only people we have seen who are capable of absorbing chakra via this method.

Going back to the "Genjutsu Mullifying Ear Plugs", I see it's created by Mokuton. Even Mokuton requires physical contact to absorb chakra.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Wood_Release:_Foo_Dog_Heads
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Wood_Dragon

So even if Preta Path was capable of absorbing chakra from sound, Mokuton cannot do that.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2015, 04:46:55 AM »

Remind me again what the point of having custom Jutsu is if we can not build of canon logic and/or recreate the logic a bit?

I do believe we need to check as to what got us into rping in the first olace... Was it the logic or said anime/manga or the idea creating a ninja and Jutsu was rather fun and interesting?

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2015, 05:02:32 AM »

Remind me again what the point of having custom Jutsu is if we can not build of canon logic and/or recreate the logic a bit?

I do believe we need to check as to what got us into rping in the first olace... Was it the logic or said anime/manga or the idea creating a ninja and Jutsu was rather fun and interesting?

-Jeffrey dahmer

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2015, 05:51:26 AM »

Logic
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Suishou Koji

• Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2015, 05:53:54 AM »

Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2015, 05:54:44 AM »

-Jeffrey dahmer

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2015, 05:59:11 AM »

Actually not lying, I tend to not like custom techniques so much and do like the logic of the series (Whatever it has left). I consider SL kind of like chess/ research paper.

I enjoy fighting someone and trying to outwit them with my character, while simultaneously finding sources from the anime/ manga to back up the claims of my post.

Maybe it's cause I'm a history major and finding details/ sources is all I do. Either way it gets my rocks off and thus my answer was not a lie >>
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.