Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Limbo: Border Jail  (Read 12276 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Limbo: Border Jail
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 02:56:39 PM »

... Though at a certain point you have to think, is nerfing it worth it? When nerfing a jutsu transforms it into a shell of its former self, and barely like the cannon technique you are trying to implement, it sometimes is better to leave it alone imo. In the words of Jud from Pet Sematary "Sometimes dead is better" (Bonus points for me since it's also an Edo Tensei Joke >.>)

My thoughts are largely aligned with this statement here. The main issue I have with it is that it is fairly "quick" (instant, what does that even mean here?) and can only be detected by special sensory, essentially making them ghosts with an ethereal punch. To remove those two would, as Mei pointed out, make it no better than the standard shadow clone techniques.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 07:33:57 PM »

Yet keeping them as they are makes them nigh-instant death devices. Poke the eyes out? Crush the throat? Grab their own weapon and stab them? Snatch head from behind and snap the neck?

I shouldn't have to say more in all honesty.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2015, 08:04:00 PM »

Yet keeping them as they are makes them nigh-instant death devices. Poke the eyes out? Crush the throat? Grab their own weapon and stab them? Snatch head from behind and snap the neck?

Well that's honestly where being a good role player should come in >.> Like, if you can't detect a full grown man running at you with your other senses at this point then what kind of Shinobi are you? This is where we gotta stop holding their hands in a zone fight.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2015, 08:36:09 PM »

I am of a mind where if you want to use a technique that is generally banned for some reason or another, just find a group of people who accept it, and RP with them. Like how some people still use Truth-Seeking Balls, because people around them don't care enough to ban it. Most people arguing for and against it here will never RP together xD Like Warren and Rusaku for example; When will that ever happen?
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2015, 08:40:15 PM »

Funny you'd say that when it was us two who went to the moon together, lol.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2015, 08:47:38 PM »

Funny you'd say that when it was us two who went to the moon together, lol.

I know xD But your two names are not generally attributed to each other.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2015, 12:17:15 AM »

Well that's honestly where being a good role player should come in >.> Like, if you can't detect a full grown man running at you with your other senses at this point then what kind of Shinobi are you? This is where we gotta stop holding their hands in a zone fight.

Touch-based sensory, sage mode, and Rinnegan are the only proposed ways of detecting the target. I don't think hearing counts as touch-based sensory, so I don't see how, if you do not have the aforementioned sensory techniques, you would detect the clone. And if you could detect it with just your common 5 senses (excluding touch) then that would kind of defeat the purpose of using this over the standard shadow clone technique, except for the convenience of being nigh anywhere at will, which in itself is OP.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2015, 12:36:20 AM »

Touch-based sensory, sage mode, and Rinnegan are the only proposed ways of detecting the target. I don't think hearing counts as touch-based sensory, so I don't see how, if you do not have the aforementioned sensory techniques, you would detect the clone. And if you could detect it with just your common 5 senses (excluding touch) then that would kind of defeat the purpose of using this over the standard shadow clone technique, except for the convenience of being nigh anywhere at will, which in itself is OP.

Forgot about that part.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2015, 02:55:48 AM »

I do t see why this couldn't be used so long as they can be dealt physical damage. Sense the Sage of Six Paths isn't at SL how could you defeat them?

Also why not make them chakra sensory sensitive. That to me would be enough of a nerf.

And perhaps place a limit to how many can be used and a cool down.

Suishou Koji

• Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2015, 05:09:46 AM »

Then, again, why not just use Shadow Clones at that point?
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2015, 06:24:22 AM »

I do t see why this couldn't be used so long as they can be dealt physical damage. Sense the Sage of Six Paths isn't at SL how could you defeat them?

Also why not make them chakra sensory sensitive. That to me would be enough of a nerf.

And perhaps place a limit to how many can be used and a cool down.
Anybody with Six Paths Chakra can apparently harm them. Six Paths Chakra is attained with the mixing of Uchiha and Senju DNA/chakra. We can expand that a bit by letting those on the other side, the Hyuuga/Otsutsuki side, that have the required mixing of their equivalent chakras for what I would call, Tensei Chakra or Rebirth Chakra, to be able to harm them too.

For seeing the clones, we should add the Tenseigan to have the ability to see them as well.

And lets also not forget that the clones have to return to the user after a bit, and are unusable for a bit as well. This wasn't a drawback for Madara with both Rinnegan, but it was when he had just one Rinnegan.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2015, 07:19:19 PM »

Before it was explained to be invisible clones from another dimension it seemed to be a long range Shinra Tensei. As if you got to pick where the attack would launch the same way as Kamui, and then it would spread from there. So we could just use it like that instead.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2015, 07:33:27 PM »

That would actually make it worse, because Limbo is a technique that hits an opponent from their blind side. To have it as a long-ranged Shinra Tensei would make it even more powerful than what the true technique is. But with the ability to see, sense and even hit these clones, it becomes a lot easier to deal with.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2015, 07:45:21 PM »

And basically nobody has that ability so again no, its not easy at all except to a priviledged few, everyone else is fucked. And before you start with the whole 'if you can't spot one otherwise u suck' nonsense again, no, that doesn't work. If nobody from the bijuu to sasuke/naruto to even the edo kages like tobirama who saw it from up close had any idea what was going on, then neither can anyone of you plausibly either.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2015, 08:15:26 PM »

That would actually make it worse, because Limbo is a technique that hits an opponent from their blind side. To have it as a long-ranged Shinra Tensei would make it even more powerful than what the true technique is. But with the ability to see, sense and even hit these clones, it becomes a lot easier to deal with.

Yeah but a Shinra Tensei cant sneak up behind you and break your neck. No ones ever died from a Shinra Tensei in the manga. As long as you make an effort to defend yourself you'll survive. Id rather but suddenly knocked over than suddenly in a submission hold.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 20 queries.