Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Severing the Summoner's Control [Closed]  (Read 3470 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Severing the Summoner's Control [Closed]
« on: February 12, 2016, 04:30:41 PM »

Warren brought up methods for releasing the beast. Here is a rough draft of those mentioned. During the review of the rough draft edits and such can be made at that time if anyone thinks it needful. Please vote yes or no to this write up.

Severing the Summoner's Control--> Summons Bijū Clause:
Severing the Summoner's Control: Acceptable means for attempting to sever ties between the Bijū and summoner include dismantling through means of a contract seal via touch attack or dispelling the genjutsu [cost is 20% of your chakra]. Success results in a rogue Bijū situation and will yet need to be subdued.

I vote yes.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 06:25:27 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Severing the Summoner's Control [vote]
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 08:20:04 PM »

Yes for contract seal on the person or Kai on the generic or sharingan genjutsu. Rinnegan users control the bijuu with a chakra receiver impaled in it though. That needs to be removed to break control. So you can't genjutsu Kai that.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Severing the Summoner's Control [vote]
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 09:31:12 PM »

One could argue the rods alone aren't enough tho, need genjutsu or something, since 5 tails was able to break free for a moment alone so Obito had to subdue it again.

Following that line of thought, dispelling it wouldn't completely free the beast, but would force the summoner to resubdue it.

Anyway, yes.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Severing the Summoner's Control [vote/discussion]
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 09:49:34 PM »

so...

do we need to add in that if the beast is controlled by a rinnegan user, the rod(s) must be removed and the genjutsu dispelled?

Changed topic header to vote/discussion.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 12:01:09 AM »

We could say you could Kai it, but then they could immediately reassert control if the rod is still in. And don't forget obito was controlling 6 of them simultaneously. Each summoner here will only have one.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 06:40:15 AM »

for another 20% depletion of chakra? It seems to me that once a genjutsu is broken a person is somewhat resistant to its reapplication. Less likely to be trapped by it. During which time it should be the responsibility of the appointed GM to resist like all get out.

So just 'immediately reasserting control' would be an 'if successful' type scenario.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 07:03:32 AM »

It shouldn't since it kinda defeats the point of using them as a summon if all you need to do is be able to lay hands on this thing as big as a small mountain to release it from the Genjutsu. I honestly think it should just be Contract Seal or removing the stake. The power level on SL is the opposite of the manga. People are insanely strong and bijuu are not. It would be literally effortless for me to walk up to a bijuu and touch it since I have Kamui and such and so do many other people.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 02:42:00 PM »

IT was my understanding that this is not like removing the genjutsu that was placed on Naruto but something quite a bit more powerful than what it takes to fool a big dummy like him as a genin. That to be able to even put a genjutsu on a bijuu was something that not everyone would be able to do, is a pretty high level jutsu. Would Kurenai even be able to do that?

I mean it takes 20% of your chakra to even summon it to the field, already under your control. What summons drains a person like that anyway? Just walking up and touching it to release? I believe its a bit more complicated than Kai but a severing of the contract seal upon the beast?

Perhaps I am mixing up the different methods here and not understanding it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 06:07:36 PM »

Warren brought up methods for releasing the beast. Here is a rough draft of those mentioned. During the review of the rough draft edits and such can be made at that time if anyone thinks it needful. Please vote yes or no to this write up.

Severing the Summoner's Control: Acceptable means for attempting to sever ties between the Bijū and summoner include dismantling through means of a contract seal via touch attack or dispelling the genjutsu [cost is 20% of your chakra]. Success results in a rogue Bijū situation and will yet need to be subdued.

I vote yes.

I propose that dispelling the genjutsu is not enough; rather, the overpowering of the genjutsu with a 20% chakra genjutsu of your own. The only issue I guess is that then we are talking a potential 1/5 chakras genjutsu battle between the two, since if you manage to get away with the beast then that's kind of GG for both IC and OOC fights, regardless of whether the old master is dead or alive.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 10:20:57 PM »

Ok let's start over then and see what we can manage. If I understand correctly this should work?
Yes or No.

Severing the Summoner's Control: Acceptable means for attempting to sever ties between the Bijū and summoner include dismantling through means of a contract seal via touch attack or dispelling the genjutsu [cost is 20% of your chakra]. For Bijū controlled by means of  Rinnegan users, the chakra rods have to be extracted in addition to dispelling the controlling genjutsu. Success results in a rogue Bijū situation and will yet need to be subdued.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 10:43:25 PM »

Yes

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2016, 11:34:42 PM »

Yes.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 12:06:58 AM »

Yes.

Suishou Koji

• Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
Re: Severing the Summoner's Control [vote started over]
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2016, 06:33:00 AM »

Yes
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Warren

• View Profile
Re: Severing the Summoner's Control [vote started over]
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2016, 07:34:35 AM »

yes
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.