Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Bijuu Council and Discussion  (Read 57314 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Bijuu Council and Discussion
« on: March 14, 2012, 06:38:00 AM »

People are always asking me how do we do this or that when it comes to bijuu. I figure to post the rules, as they stand so far...I hear an edited version is coming one of these days... and provide a place for comments and discussions and questions to be answered directly from council members and such. One of the big things I am asked is who is on the council anyway? So a working list will be provided here as well.

Off hand I am told that all present and past Kage and Jinchuuriki are on the Council. Who are all of those people? This list will have to be updated as more information is provided. Some no doubt no longer even exist in the SL world.

A little something up front though. The topic of the bijuu is a very touchy subject. This thread may be a horrible idea just because of that simple fact. However, I am going to try this. And in the interests of being fair I will say this...opposing views will be seen here. You may not like what you read. You may not care much for the way something is said. But people have a right to voice their ideas. DO NOT SAY SOMETHING IS STUPID or use similarly insulting language. That is just asking for a fight. No one likes to be called stupid.

What will not be tolerated is personally attacking posts. I will delete those and only those. If you say something once, it is here. You do not have to beat people over the head with it and get nasty. Focus on the goal; Reaching an understanding of how things work and providing the information to all that are interested.

The Official Bijuu - Jinchuuriki List of Shinobi Legends
Ichibi - Uchiha Gaiaku (Leaf)
Nibi - (Kumo)
Sanbi - Ranketsu (Kiri) [under review]
Yonbi - Kumo
Gobi - (Kumo)
Rokubi - Kamui (Oto)
Nanabi - (Kumo)
Hachibi - Ōshō-Kiba (Kumo)
Kyuubi - Zenaku (Kumo)

The Official Jinchuurki Challenge Lists of Shinobi Legends

Ichibi                                                             Nibi                                                            Sanbi
1]                                                                 1] None                                                     1]
2]                                                                 2]                                                              2]
3]                                                                 3]                                                              3]

Yonbi                                                           Gobi                                                            Rokyubi
1]                                                                 1] None                                                      1]
2]                                                                 2]                                                               2]
3]                                                                 3]                                                               3]

Nanabi                                                         Hachibi                                                       Kyuubi
1]  Solo Iori                                                  1]                                                               1] None
2]                                                                 2]                                                               2]
3]                                                                 3]                                                               3]

« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 11:01:53 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu Council and Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 06:48:52 AM »

Current Rules as of 03-14-12 Subject to revision

ºHow to Challenge a Jinchurikiº
 In order to challenge a Jinchuriki & obtain a Biju, one must extend an invitation to its host along with proper arrangements for it to take place; should the Jinchuriki refuse the set date/time: negotiate for a more appropriate time. Should the Jinchuriki ignore or refuse the invitation(s)-with no reason given- 3 times consecutively, you may report it to other Jinchuriki. Subject for such an event's invitation, for proof & reference of a challenge, must be titled: (Number of tails) - (Name of Jinchuriki); the body of the message may be as you please (though manners & politeness would of course make things much smoother).

ºShould the Biju be Host-lessº
Should the Biju be sealed within something not a Jinchuriki, whomsoever is in possession of the tailed beast (for a prolonged period of one week or more) is entitled to assume duties of fighting for possession of the Biju. As such: Biju are not to be set free to roam; they must be sealed and delivered to the kage of their last Jinchuriki.

ºHow to declare a winnerº
The battle commences with the initial post & terminates once either combatant is unable to continue. Such a feat can result in several ways, including knock-outs (concussions, etc.), full paralysis, almost-fatal wounds & so forth. So long both parties declare it plausible & understand the longevity/risk of the claim, it's considered eligible for use. However, things can, of course, become debatable in attempt to reach such a goal & in doing so arguments are bound to commence. If need be, either party can have onlookers & such /dis/agree with the action until a verdict is reached. If desired, either party can have other hosts or officials of sorts represent them for a more "legitimized" (as some have called it) reasoning or "Back-up".

ºRulesº
Like any other zone fight, rules are established as support for completing the quarrel without need for troubles to arise. Those basic rules are also adopted into host-challenges. The rules are as follows [unless agreed upon both parties (with proof) to be something otherwise]

ºNo Auto-Hittingº
Auto-Hitting is recognized as being a direct action following through without consent of the opposing party.

ºNo God-Moddingº
God-Modding has been recognized as an incorrect claim of one or more super-powers incapable of one's possession or against what one's character establishes. Several other things have been regarded God-Modding such as dodging every attack, extreme maneuvers & such. If God-Modding should occur, the opposing party will object to it & things can be negotiated from there.

ºHosts are allowed to use their tailsº
There should be no arguments about a host using their Biju's abilities. However, the claim of utilizing all of their tails, if it seems unfit for them, due to period of time with the Biju, can be negotiable [but must be maintained brief]. Furthermore, other rules can be negotiated between both parties. I.E. Rules such as the number of contestants versus the host [? v. the host (1)] can also be negotiated, etc.

ºGrace Periodº
After any challenge (& loss) from a challenger, a week must be given to the host before challenging them to a rematch (the one week grace period is in subject to a single challenger & as such does not signify a host can ignore challenges from all others during the time period). In cases such as obtaining a Biju for oneself, a 2-week grace period is granted In order to “commune” with one’s Biju. If a host shows inactivity for long periods of time (two weeks or more) without prior notice, you can report their missing & conference of a suitable host will take place when possible.

ºTampering with the Bijuº
Tampering with the Biju, meaning: destroying it, editing its affinity, parting its powers into multiple entities, etc. & anything that changes it
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 05:48:41 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 08:04:53 AM »

Tenative List of Known Council Members at This Time
Those who have agreed to serve

Note: Those who wish to serve have until July 30, 2012 to respond. Then in two weeks they can get in if they miss this deadline. After that people can apply up to a certain point until membership is closed. Then people will be replaced as needed due to being fired or quitting. Those details of course still need to be worked out. This is only one reason WHY people need to hurry up and respond so we can start doing stuff for real.

Thank you.

Zenaku                                         Raifudo                                            Uchiha, Rares
Yūmei                                           Cmage/Rakudo                                Kamui                                           
Nathan                                         Bocchiere                                        ShadowX
Asadi                                            Uchiha_Tracey                                Izaku Raiken
Luka                                             RaijinHikari                                      Isaribi                                                                         
CJ of the Desert

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 05:04:35 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Makaze

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 12:41:03 PM »

Sounds like a good idea.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 01:32:35 PM »

Looks good to me, though my understanding of the minor kages were that they weren't included. Only the kages of the five great villages of SL. I could be wrong
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 03:46:43 PM »

Anyone can make a village clan and claim to be a kage. Does anyone want people asking [edit] how they are supposed to do things? No only the kage of the 5 great nations should be counted.

{I only edited out the name. I was kind of serious about the personal attacks issue. It takes little effort to be considerate of the feelings of others and still say what you need to convey.}
~Moenkopi
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 05:37:33 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 04:40:09 PM »

Who's on the council? Zenaku and I, only, apparently.

I have the list of the past kage, but disregard past jinchuuriki since it's too long and unneeded.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 04:59:53 PM »

Well Now Raifudo, you know I keep telling you my opinion all the time. I don't see how you can fail to think of me as part of the council. lol

And Bocc? I think 6 villages, Otogakure needs to be included as it has been and is very much a part of SL. But otherwise I agree about the clan villages. Was just putting that out there.

Right, the ever forgettable Oto, yes that should count, though the many pretend Otokage need to be sorted through. As far as I know Tau, Pete, and Shadow are the only ones that have a legit claim to the title. So yes Otokage's should be included. I actually agree with Raifudo about the jinchuriki though. While one would think being able to get a bijuu would warrant some knowledge of role play and such things, as you and I have both found out from a certain former jinchuriki, that is not always the case. There are not many respectable people who would lose the position on account of having only been a jinchuriki and not a kage so I think just kage is fine. Except for me of course, I am a delight.

RareUchiha

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 07:22:22 PM »

Posting this was a great idea, I had several people approach even ME asking about said rules, lucky I had the pm from either Rai or Zen saved up. As for who is in such a council, I suggest that one is formed out of those that have so far proven their worth as rp moderators so far(unofficial one of course) Such as Rai, Kayeta, Zen, etc. And then allow others to apply and have them decide whether or not they are worthy. I wasn't a kage or jinchuriki but would be interested. I WAS asked to join in a hokage election 3 times so far and was demanded of to bekome hokage twice, as well as asked to be the Yonbi jinchuriki 2-3 times. Also, I have been like a pseudo hokage as root founder for more time than any of the hokage held their position.

On another note, I agree that the jinchuriki should be cut some slack and have a 3-7 days grace period (if they so choose). Not just thatbut the same person should have to wait more than a week. It would be annoying to have an idiot pestering you on a weekly basis. Not to mention that not much can change in just a week.

Furthermore, there is another issue here, almost everyone want to be a jinchuriki cause we canceled most of their disadvantages. Unless being assisted by medical nins during the extraction or having an amazing life force/endurance, a jinchuriki should die when the bijuu is extracted.

Another thing, the result of a jinchuriki battle is quite an official one so if one is killed during one he/she should be considered dead in rp w/o exception. It is an official rp battle after all. Otherwise should not be tolerated even with the consent of both parties, it takes away too many downfalls of being a jinchuriki and growing the balls to challenge one.

Another thing: I directly oppose the idea of all jinchuriki and formers along with kages and formers being considered viable council members. We all know some of the are purely pathetic and incompetent.

RAI MUST GET HIS FOX BACK!!!! D:< I demand! >:O
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 07:26:43 PM by RareUchiha »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 07:42:26 PM »

About Grace Periods:

I wish to talk about the one week grace period after a match for the same challenger but not for a new challenger.

I feel it should be for after every match. The focus a challenge takes is huge. The time it eats up is also huge. I feel that if the host wishes to have a week grace period to rest up and to also do other things in their lives besides SL that they should have it regardless if the challenger is a repeat or not. Certainly the repeat challenger should go to the bottom of their list of future fights as usual.

Challenge List for Each Bijuu:

What do you think about having a post that lists the challengers for each bijuu? That way if someone is wanting to become a host they can go to the list and say..."hmmm, the 3 tails only has 2 challengers while the others all have 5 or more, I should go for it." Also this could keep people posted on how long it is until their match

I like both of these, especially the challenger list. This would also stop the jinchuriki from fiddling with there lists, which it seems like some have been able to do. Also, since I can only quote one person at a time. I agree with Rare that the fights should be IC as a norm and it should be only though mutual agreement that you cannot die. A certain kitty has been killed multiple times but keeps right on challenging for the bijuu and stuff like that just needs to end. I think the grace period between fights has been unofficially in place, at least to me. All my fights have been ridiculous OOC fests for whenever I start winning, probably because mist nin keep challenging me >_> but I sure as hell would not fight someone after a bijuu fight was over. I usually just want to turn off my computer and cry myself to sleep.

RareUchiha

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 08:15:02 PM »

I point you out to the fact that my suggestion implied that ic should be kept even if both parties wish to make it ooc. It simply lacks realism otherwise.

The bijuu fights as they are right now, lack realism to a very sad extent. If the above were to be implemented we'd most likely have the desired realism to the extent that friends and the alike would refrain from challenging each other. It's unreasonable for the gain to be so high and the losses to be non-existent.
IF the above is implemented I would also like to suggest that if the dead that result from a jinchuriki challenge wish to be resurrected, their means and methods must first go past this council as we all know that many used quite laughable means and some just went "I don't have to tell you how."

Another thing I think should be covered for the sake of realism is the killing of the jinchuriki/bijuu. One does not simply get the bijuu if he kills it with or w/o it's jinchuriki. Having to defeat a jinchuriki while not killing it is one of the greatest fatigues of the one that desires to take the bijuu away.
Now in this case I suggest that the dead character rp's the rebirth of the jinchuriki at his zone or village of choice within 7-14 days and if he fails to do so for WHATEVER reason the task goes to the killer as bijuu shan't be left dead for too long.

RareUchiha

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 08:30:26 PM »

That's exactly my point! People have been ignoring that and such must stop now! It simply voids a good part of the hard work a challenger needs to do as do the rest of the flaws I pointed out. The situation is chaotic due to those flaws. I am pretty certain that few to none would even consider challenging a jinchuriki if those realism gaps did not exist. Not just anyone should be a jinchuriki, i.e. they have to be willing to take risks that currently are not even acknowledged in SL. And challenging a jinchuriki is not for everyone, those that do that while not being fit for such deserve a befitting end, depending on the will of the challenged.

RareUchiha

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 08:42:02 PM »

I'd like the validation requirement to be extended over to the killed challengers also.

So there you have it! The above rules will not only erase all currently existing errors but will also silence all complaints coming from both hosts and challengers.

cmage

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 08:50:58 PM »

I understand that you're trying to make this canon-esque, but why go through the trouble of asking for permission to be resurrected? Everyone is going to ask. Also comes the problem of people who hand of the bijuu due to future inactivity; should that jinchuuriki be "killed off" due to real life issues?

Of course if one reeeeeeeeeeally wanted to be just like the show, then the Kage would decide the new host and challengers who won would only be winning them for their villages, but why not take it a step further and say that you can't PM-challenge someone. You know like actually FIND the jinchuuriki instead of all-knowingly contacting them.
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

RareUchiha

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 09:01:49 PM »

Why not? Well simply because that would rise way too many issues and exploits, unlike the absence of the above stated that does just that.

And for that case one can always use medical nins as I have stated, in which case he/she will not be killed off by passing down the bijuus. Hell, they can even be npc. The issue was them surviving after being beat in a challenge and having it extracted, case in which one should by no means survive w/o the medical assistance of medical ninjas, with the exception of senju and perhaps sages of the paths as they are know for their abundant amount of life force and endurance. I'd extend that to Uzumaki as a descendant of Senju but that's just too easy to claim.

So there you have it, the jinchuriki won't have to die if he just needs to pass on the bijuu, which you would have already noticed if you read everything I said so far carefully.

As for the permission: It is in order to assure that the resurrection is valid as there aren't all that many ways to do such or ways anyone can go for with ease but somehow everyone manages to do it MAGICALLY.

As stated above, we should implement the reasonable risks for jinchuriki and challengers in order to resolve certain issues. Holding a jinchuriki and challenging one must pose certain risks for a decent balance between gain and loss to exist.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 09:04:49 PM by RareUchiha »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.