Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Refusing a Bijuu Challenge and respawning  (Read 11120 times)

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
Re: Refusing a Bijuu Challenge and respawning
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2015, 05:34:15 PM »

I have a question though for Dart...have you EVER fought Machina before?

I ask because...the not getting along thing becomes really weak if you have not even given her a single chance and just dismiss her because of things you personally have not experienced from her in a combat scenario.

And I still say the try out...prelim fight is insulting and not fair.

The Sabu situation with Hono...they had tried to fight several times and it just kept going to hoo ha. So it is different if no actual challenge match was even attempted between Machina and Dart.

I am not condoning misconduct and filthy language and personal attacks...but there is a right way to deal with it and I feel this was not handled properly.

Then you misunderstand the entire reason why I suggest the pre-fight. It was for that exact reason to determine if we would even get along. I'm not going to sit through an actual match, with consequences, only to have to deal with the same shit that I dealt with before her mute.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2015, 07:09:55 PM »

My sister is asleep I suppose because she isn't online to bring this up herself, so i'm going to bring it up before she does just in case this gets locked or something. I was on the phone with her a lot the night with the pre-lim fight, and her issue with is the fact that apparently(I haven't seen the messages for this one) Dart requested the pre-lim fight, and then declined it to her whenever she accepted. That's just what i've heard, and it's relevant

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2015, 08:46:24 PM »

He did not necessarily say 'no', he just wont do it
He was like fight fight fight and then I said yes and he wont.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2015, 11:09:58 PM »

So, moving on from the skirmishy stuff, what was our decision on respawning? Refusing a biju challenge was, in this thread or another, scrapped, so now we're on to respawning.
Tailed beasts presumably respawn when their host is killed, or if somehow they are killed.

We have some options, naturally, with that bit of discussion. I mean, the beast could respawn and the challenger could fight it and tame it/ seal it with a GM being the judge from the fight (presuming there was a judge).

Or, it could be treated as a loss for the challenger and the beast goes up for tourney to the survivors of the old host's clan or organization, or if none, it can be a mission reward.

Thoughts?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2015, 11:21:08 PM »

I don't think it should respawn in a challenge fight, that would defeat the purpose of the challenge list. As I have said before the only way I see it working is if the host is killed IC and if they don't have a fight going. Like Warren. If someone miraculously kills him in Suna IC, then it should respawn. If the host is killed in a challenge fight it should go to the winner. Having the beast go up for grabs renders the challenge list useless and if that were the case then all Bijuu fight should be IC. (Assuming that they all will respawn after a match.) Also making a challenger fight for it, then have to fight more people for it is just too much.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2015, 12:10:05 AM »

I mean the way to get a host without killing them is to seal them of course, but as far as Challenge list goes, it's a pain in the ass for  a challenger to have to wait an extended period of time (which is often the case) and then they get their fight and just because they kill the host the Biju spawns somewhere random out of their control? I don't like it. I think if the Biju are going to respawn then the challenge list should be scrapped.

Though I also want to put the two cents in that I prefer the challenge system :o

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2015, 12:24:52 AM »

I'll fix the problem. I'll challenge Dart and then get the bijuu and then give it to Bocc and then from there we go.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2015, 12:28:55 AM »

Giving it to him would be the WORST idea

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2015, 12:29:49 AM »

I'll fix the problem. I'll challenge Dart and then get the bijuu and then give it to Bocc and then from there we go.

I agree, I'm running out of alts to give them to and I dont need all 9 till we get the Gedo Mazo, anyway. You'd be in line behind Hazama, Kamui, and Ichirou. I would be surprised, pleasantly for reference, if Dart beat all 3 of them. So that's probably not needed.

Like I said I did not care which way this went, it seems to be leaning towards you have to accept fights from all comers, so I'm going to side with the majority then and say you have to accept challenges from everyone or forfeit the bijuu. That being said if Ryu was serious about challenging me let me know.

If the Jinchueriki is killed IC the beast respawns around that area a week later, under the control of a GM, was how I thought that worked. If the host dies in a fight the bijuu goes to the winner unless they for some reason agreed to an IC fight where you cannot kill the host to get the beast.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2015, 12:32:30 AM »

Yeah Isaribi did that with me in our first fight, I can accept that easily, but just random respawning of the biju all pfthbjhkkl

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2015, 12:54:27 AM »

Well, the nature of an IC challenger would mean that the fight is completely IC, so they couldn't have concurrent RP going on at the same time. Now, when we were doing RP biju fights, it was clear that just up and killing the host was neither appropriate nor reasonable. I imagine with an IC fight the principle would be the same, since killing the host would also kill the tailed beast in most situations.

Conversely, killing the tailed beast while it is being used as a summon (unlikely, but I'm just putting that thought out there) should certainly not be encouraged. Heck, with the summon, it would be encouraged to steal the beast rather than kill it.

Just because the tailed beast respawns does not necessarily mean it is entirely out of the challenger's control. A GM simply has to control the revived tailed beast during the duration of the fight that ensues. Challengers should not be at full liberty to knock off hosts left and right in an IC fight in my opinion. Everything goes in OOC fights.

Accordingly, with this stipulation, the challenger should have the option to retreat from an IC fight without dying. In other words, if he/she sees that he/she is on the losing end of the spectrum, if he/she can successfully retreat from the battle, then it is considered forfeit and he/she escapes with his/her life.

It is my assertion the bijuu should be stripped from Dart for refusal to accept a challenge.

Since Kotetsu was made to accept Yuijo's challenge, even though he was harassing him quite scathingly during his grace period, I feel that this is a president for having to put up with people who annoy you if you are a host. In the end as he was unwilling to put up with the harassment, he had to give the bijuu away.

this should also be Dart's fate because fair is fair.

If you cannot deal with the drama then you should not have the perk.

It's "precedent".    :P

And has Dart continued to refuse the challenge? Yes, the rules regarding that now are "no means strip poker" but since that issue started up before the change, I would imagine he would have another chance to accept the fight before being stripped. If he continues to refuse, then so be it.

I mean the way to get a host without killing them is to seal them of course, but as far as Challenge list goes, it's a pain in the ass for  a challenger to have to wait an extended period of time (which is often the case) and then they get their fight and just because they kill the host the Biju spawns somewhere random out of their control? I don't like it. I think if the Biju are going to respawn then the challenge list should be scrapped.

Though I also want to put the two cents in that I prefer the challenge system :o

What does biju respawning have to do with the challenger list? The challenger list is for the benefit of the challenger and host, so that they know where in line challengers were at and "proof" that those challengers are indeed in line to begin with. In an IC fight, it would make sense that killing the host would be discouraged because death of the host would result in the death of the tailed beast in an IC fight. Hosts, IC-wise, would die regardless of whether they are killed in battle or have their beast removed (unless there are special conditions met).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 01:39:22 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2015, 12:57:57 AM »

The reason I feel like the Biju respawning effects the challenge list is because even if a GM is controlling the beast, there is nothing to say that someone else doesn't come along and snatch it first, unless we put in a rule where the challenger who made the beast respawn got first dibs to try and catch it or something. But if we didn't then anyone could come along and snatch it, and say you're like 5th down a challenge list and the host beats everyone before you and you finally beat him, then the beast respawns and some random comes and yoinks it with Genjutsu or some crap

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2015, 01:04:00 AM »

The reason I feel like the Biju respawning effects the challenge list is because even if a GM is controlling the beast, there is nothing to say that someone else doesn't come along and snatch it first, unless we put in a rule where the challenger who made the beast respawn got first dibs to try and catch it or something. But if we didn't then anyone could come along and snatch it, and say you're like 5th down a challenge list and the host beats everyone before you and you finally beat him, then the beast respawns and some random comes and yoinks it with Genjutsu or some crap

So, moving on from the skirmishy stuff, what was our decision on respawning? Refusing a biju challenge was, in this thread or another, scrapped, so now we're on to respawning.
Tailed beasts presumably respawn when their host is killed, or if somehow they are killed.

We have some options, naturally, with that bit of discussion. I mean, the beast could respawn and the challenger could fight it and tame it/ seal it with a GM being the judge from the fight (presuming there was a judge).

Or, it could be treated as a loss for the challenger and the beast goes up for tourney to the survivors of the old host's clan or organization, or if none, it can be a mission reward.

Thoughts?

The bold describes a more challenger-friendly method of going about it. If the challenger were to lose to the tailed beast for some reason, then it would be completely up for grabs, but they have first dibs on it so's to speak.

If folks want a killer challenger punished more harshly though, then what you just stated would be an optimal punishment for killing the host in an IC fight. xD It certainly would be more of a deterrent to killing the host than the former.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2015, 01:53:32 AM »

It is my assertion the bijuu should be stripped from Dart for refusal to accept a challenge.

Since Kotetsu was made to accept Yuijo's challenge, even though he was harassing him quite scathingly during his grace period, I feel that this is a president for having to put up with people who annoy you if you are a host. In the end as he was unwilling to put up with the harassment, he had to give the bijuu away.

I cannot be stripped since I am actually following through with all my duties, i.e. remaining active, setting up the next challenge after Sabu's disappearances. As it is, with the proceedings as they are, the "law" in which you're trying to impose is ex post facto, and I'm immune to it.

Now if another challenge would be issued, I *still* fall under the three strikes rule meaning I have two more opportunities to nullify it her challenge, if I so desired.

Oh please make this a reality, that will just lengthen the list. ;) Plus, the latter option seems to where I'm leaning at right now.

Now I'm tempted even further to just "give it to him" to spite you.

I agree, I'm running out of alts to give them to and I dont need all 9 till we get the Gedo Mazo, anyway. You'd be in line behind Hazama, Kamui, and Ichirou. I would be surprised, pleasantly for reference, if Dart beat all 3 of them. So that's probably not needed.

Like I said I did not care which way this went, it seems to be leaning towards you have to accept fights from all comers, so I'm going to side with the majority then and say you have to accept challenges from everyone or forfeit the bijuu. That being said if Ryu was serious about challenging me let me know.

If the Jinchueriki is killed IC the beast respawns around that area a week later, under the control of a GM, was how I thought that worked. If the host dies in a fight the bijuu goes to the winner unless they for some reason agreed to an IC fight where you cannot kill the host to get the beast.

Well, if my own [self-proclaimed*] arch nemesis [and current under fire] is agreeing with the rest, fine. I'll accept her challenge AND if she cannot conduct herself with respect and begins to insult and harass me at any moment, ALL encounters with her will be permanently null, voided, and ignored.

*Self-proclaimed because we don't actually have any IC reason to be enemies other than him being a wanted missing-nin from my village.

Also, the beast respawns after its jinchūriki is killed IC one week later under the control of a non-biased GM, that's been the standard the entire time. Now, I like the idea of the previous judge being the own in control. Helps maintain that air of consistency.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2015, 02:21:37 AM »

I cannot be stripped since I am actually following through with all my duties, i.e. remaining active, setting up the next challenge after Sabu's disappearances. As it is, with the proceedings as they are, the "law" in which you're trying to impose is ex post facto, and I'm immune to it.

Now if another challenge would be issued, I *still* fall under the three strikes rule meaning I have two more opportunities to nullify it her challenge, if I so desired.

Oh please make this a reality, that will just lengthen the list. ;) Plus, the latter option seems to where I'm leaning at right now.

Now I'm tempted even further to just "give it to him" to spite you.

Well, if my own [self-proclaimed*] arch nemesis [and current under fire] is agreeing with the rest, fine. I'll accept her challenge AND if she cannot conduct herself with respect and begins to insult and harass me at any moment, ALL encounters with her will be permanently null, voided, and ignored.

*Self-proclaimed because we don't actually have any IC reason to be enemies other than him being a wanted missing-nin from my village.

Also, the beast respawns after its jinchūriki is killed IC one week later under the control of a non-biased GM, that's been the standard the entire time. Now, I like the idea of the previous judge being the own in control. Helps maintain that air of consistency.

Just so you know, I'm not nerfing myself for you in the slightest. Any chance of that was lost when you were so sure you could take me. Just getting this part out of the way before it even becomes an issue.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 17 queries.