Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: death  (Read 2183 times)

anbumiko

death
« on: September 16, 2006, 03:34:46 AM »

ok now since iv'e seen peoples views of life

what about death....

dude no.1

Re: death
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 03:36:00 AM »

death is when you meetyour maker plain and simple.

SinHarvest

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 03:38:10 AM »

Death is the bell that rings at the end of a school day

Shinigami99

• Hahahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • Wounds of The Heart
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 10:04:48 AM »

Death is an end to some people, a new beginning to others, and an escape for some.

LeafToad

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 08:00:37 PM »

I knew a death topic would be coming from you soon anbumiko ^^
Death is just...the end, like in a story, the beginning is birth, the climax is your life in between birth and your death and death is just, the end of the story...

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 08:04:26 PM »

A mystery, something that piques some peoples' interest. Something that people fear. I however, think that life is worse than death, although I do not know that for a fact until I experience it myself.

I'd rather have people die than me die. That sounds harsh, but listen to my reasoning.

When I die, I fear more for them than me because people may weep, and never forget. I don't want people to be sad at my funeral and I don't want my spirit (beliefs) to wander around my loved ones and then think they are starting to hallucinate.

Of course, life has it's dream, but life itself is a dream due to the fact that people create their own 'dreams' in the real world. Yet, death can be viewed at the same perspective.

I'm thinking death would be fun actually.
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Ichabod12

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 09:45:30 PM »

I'm thinking death would be fun actually.
I know you were being serious, but it made me laugh a bit  :twisted:
Anyway I believe that death is....a thing that certain people fear and others dont.
Most young people will fear death, because they have dreams, friends,family, and of course they fear pain and not being able to have any of that.

Most old people have experienced life to its fullest, usually, and they don't look upon death as a very bad thing.

Course they have those masochists and suicidal maniacs that would love to hang themselves for everyone to see.  :twisted:

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 05:11:25 AM »

Something that I am looking forward to...

Shinigami99

• Hahahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • Wounds of The Heart
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 02:24:47 PM »

It is not hard to lose your own life. What's difficult is living too see your love ones separated from you...

anbumiko

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 04:12:04 AM »

death is measured by the ways of how you died, if you commited a sin you will go to purgatory, and rot with lifeless souls that were once human flesh
or if you didnt commit any sins, you will go to heaven and be reborn as a new child seeking hope fora new begining...

SnowLeoHitori

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 10:54:34 AM »

Death would be tourture to me ...
I won't be able to see the mysteries of the future ...
I won't be able to know what happen to loved ones ...
I won't be able to learn everything I want to know ...
I won't be able to try out everything else I haven't try...

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 06:29:02 PM »

I actually had an interesting conversation about life, death, and purgatory last night. The jist of it was that the fear of death is always on ones mind even when not thinking about it and that death will end that fear and bring happiness...but then we got into thinking that one cannot truely enjoy death either as they will then fear life which when attained again will repeat the cycle. Yes, the conversation went in circles until we finally changed the subject to music being the only universal langauge...which that ended up going in circles, too.

A side note on purgatory that really has nothing to do with the previous conversation. This pretains to Cotard's Syndrome (classified medically as Nihilistic Delusional Disorder). The person who has this has the unshakable conviction that he/she is certain they are already dead...and at the most extreme cases, they think they can smell their own flesh rotting. These people are close to truth because nobody on "earth" knows that they are, in fact, dead, even though it will suddenly become obvious when we get to the end. Anyways, this starts to make one think that life on earth is purgatory, that your time on earth is an inverse reflection of a previous life; for example, infants who die from SIDS were actually great people when they alive "for real", so they get to go to heaven after a mere five weeks in purgatory. Meanwhile, anyone that lives to 102 has much to repent for in a previous life and had to spend many moons in his or her unknown purgatory (even though the person seemed perfectly wholesome in this particular world). Kind of jumbled, I know, but it's just the basics...and I don't feel like typing out a page.

Just some food for thought. ;)
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

SnowLeoHitori

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 02:04:08 PM »

I actually had an interesting conversation about life, death, and purgatory last night. The jist of it was that the fear of death is always on ones mind even when not thinking about it and that death will end that fear and bring happiness...but then we got into thinking that one cannot truely enjoy death either as they will then fear life which when attained again will repeat the cycle. Yes, the conversation went in circles until we finally changed the subject to music being the only universal langauge...which that ended up going in circles, too.

A side note on purgatory that really has nothing to do with the previous conversation. This pretains to Cotard's Syndrome (classified medically as Nihilistic Delusional Disorder). The person who has this has the unshakable conviction that he/she is certain they are already dead...and at the most extreme cases, they think they can smell their own flesh rotting. These people are close to truth because nobody on "earth" knows that they are, in fact, dead, even though it will suddenly become obvious when we get to the end. Anyways, this starts to make one think that life on earth is purgatory, that your time on earth is an inverse reflection of a previous life; for example, infants who die from SIDS were actually great people when they alive "for real", so they get to go to heaven after a mere five weeks in purgatory. Meanwhile, anyone that lives to 102 has much to repent for in a previous life and had to spend many moons in his or her unknown purgatory (even though the person seemed perfectly wholesome in this particular world). Kind of jumbled, I know, but it's just the basics...and I don't feel like typing out a page.

thats one long post...
I think I just lost at least 10% of my brain cells

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 05:02:34 PM »

thats one long post...
I think I just lost at least 10% of my brain cells

....How could you lose brain cells? If anything, you'd be gaining them by reading such a post...
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

Ichabod12

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 01:12:24 AM »

:shock:
That's scary Baluski....
Scarier than penguin killing maniacs...

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 19 queries.