Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Chat Ignore  (Read 7089 times)

LeafToad

Re: Chat Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2006, 02:52:36 AM »

I know they shouldn't spam or be rude and such, but the times they do step out of line, a Mod must enforce the rules to prevent that person from doing such things again.

"Oh wow, that person is sooooo annoying, I'm just going to delete his ramblings on."

Doesn't work like this. There is a level of ignorance that even the mods have no power to stop, and it can still get under your skin.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 02:53:19 AM by LeafToad »

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2006, 02:53:06 AM »

Or instead of a required log-off, you can simply toggle the function on and off so you don't lose your spot in the game.

And a Moderator can do that, Kureaa. Now ALL the players will ignore another character, such as if somebody knows what was said to be wrong, they report it, unless their idiots, no offense. >>
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Kieru

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2006, 02:54:09 AM »

I know they shouldn't spam or be rude and such, but the times they do step out of line, a Mod must enforce the rules to prevent that person from doing such things again.

Mods have lives, too, ya know.

Xaos

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • Alpha Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2006, 02:54:46 AM »

Well I think it's the job of the Mods to mute those meaningless posts.  If you were given the ability to ignore their posts, then everyone would use the ignore function on that certain individual that seems to be spamming and that person would basically feel like he/she was banned from posting.  His/her words would go unheard and they would basically no longer have an existence in Shinobi Legends.

What happens when that person does have a meaningful post?  You would never know cause you can no longer hear him/her.

There are certain powers that are fit only for a Mod and I think this would be one of them.
No.... it is the job of the players to follow the rules and not be so annoying. Just because Mods are there doesn't give you any right to be rude/annoying/disobedient to the rules.

And first impressions mean everything. ;)

If first impressions were everything then I don't know how I got my Mod spot >>

And it IS a job for a mod to take care of those kind of posts. If there isn't a Mod present, you call for one (And if a mod isn't on it will be sent as a petition). If a moderator is there, they should take care of them.

I do agree with Kurea. What if the person changes their ways and wants to apologize or is really having a problem with the game and needs help? Yes they shouldn't have spammed before, but If I ignored everyone for every bit of spam they did then I wouldn't be seeing too much talk in the game these days...

Kureaa

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2006, 02:54:56 AM »

Well, then, how about they make it just a one log in session stand? You won't be able to hear them until you log off and log back in again.

It works...

I'd also like the point out that there shouldn't be much controversy over this... The thing is is if you dont want to ignore the person, then just dont... some people don't want to be bothered with that mess and you shouldn't even be concerned with who and who we don't want to ignore.

Thank you, now if you'll excuse me. *continues to eat his pop-tart*

Yes, I myself do agree with that post because it is your choice.  I was just pointing out effects it could have and why it might not be a good idea.  Like I said in my first post:  Whatever floats your boat  ;)

I would like to add though that you may think it is a personal decision, but if everyone does it, then you will have a lot of unread posts that could be meaningful or helpful.  A person does deserve the chance to have their voice heard and if they bother/annoy you too much then report it to a Mod and they will deal with it however they see fit.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 03:09:06 AM by Kureaa »

klaymank

• RUN PAC MAN RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2006, 02:58:37 AM »

You see if a mod could delete post just because somebody annoys them some people on the forum would have no post at all
I'm like the Doctor. I'm always bouncing around time and space.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2006, 09:14:16 AM »

Well,

do you consider Shinobilegends

a) a chat place
b) a roleplaying game

?

The reason *why* I will leave the places open  to all is: interaction. If we can form private parties on public places, it won't reflect the roleplay.
In fact, when somebody new hobs in, starting to nag people, he WILL be read and the WILL probably get bad reactions... like in real life, when you disrupt a good talk.

Mails are another thing, they are private.

If you want to talk in secret or among a few, go to a house, go to the jounin rooms...
but please leave the village squares etc open for all to post & be read...
maybe roleplay might arise...

If  the spamming gets "controlled" a moderator is needed. And his job is to tell the guy what he did wrong and how he should behave.

=) my 2 cents.

Never judge a cow by its udder.

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2006, 12:55:54 PM »

To answer your question, most of the town squares, gardens especially, are places for chat. Hardly ever do I see roleplay. If I want to see roleplay, I drag myself to the fighting zones.

If  the spamming gets "controlled" a moderator is needed. And his job is to tell the guy what he did wrong and how he should behave.

Then what I say will defeat that statement.

[rant]Mkay, you have two moderators in the gardens. I tell them to stop three times or so already. They tell them to stop another two times.

They go on and on still... Oooh.. Let's see.. "Please... accept my apologies."

I heard that ALL night. Literally.

And you know what happens when people accept somebody's apology? It starts back up.

I finally decided to forgive this same person a few nights before last night. Yet even though I did, and after we actually had a slight conversation, he goes behind my back, "Oh I hate Lebis... My Bio's better than her's. She's such a stupid fool."

Betrayal... That person is the very reason I requested this, and if you don't put it in; so be it. I'll live, but I'll also most likely gut the kid's intestines if he causes trouble again. >>

However, last night, I warned them again, making a total of six warnings from just two moderators.

This is the *same* person that is *always* an ass. To everybody.

Remember Leo, Oliver? How we got those petitions five times a day saying he pissed somebody off, all of them being a different victim?

Well yes... this person is just like Leo, just more pathetic and less violent.

Unless you can permanently ban them. <<

I just really hate the kid, and eventually, I'm going to flip out on somebody.. ._.;

[/rant]
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2006, 01:01:40 PM »

Well, we can mute people... he won't access any chat.

If he disturbs the *common* talk then he is to be muted. That's it.

Also if someone has personal grudges against a moderator who does legal and just actions against him, send him to me. I don't care how many people hold grudges against me, I judge upon the situation, not about the person behind it.

Same goes for Leo.

I simply deny to shut people out with no chance of coming back, making *PERSONAL* preferences whom you want to see to talk or not on *PUBLIC* places...

I am sorry to put it this blunt, but you have to understand the idea behind it.

Sanosoke

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2006, 04:46:00 PM »

I don't know bout all that, but I like the idea...  :roll:

whatever ya'll decide is fine with me, though...

Hitake Uchiha

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2006, 02:07:39 AM »

*laughs* and only Lebis could make THIS topic  :D

Anyway, I cannot tell what's going on, so I'm not gonna post more *everyone cheers* HEY!!!   :evil:

asdfjkl

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2006, 02:52:47 AM »

Well, apparently what it comes down to is patience. Moderators should have patience if they are chosen for the position because people who become moderators are supposed to deal with problems and control themselves, not whine about it :). But if you really can't stand the job you can hand it over. I really don't want it but i'll manage to get through it somehow. :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 03:13:34 AM by asdfjkl »

anbumiko

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2006, 06:52:53 PM »

Well, apparently what it comes down to is patience. Moderators should have patience if they are chosen for the position because people who become moderators are supposed to deal with problems and control themselves, not whine about it :). But if you really can't stand the job you can hand it over. I really don't want it but i'll manage to get through it somehow. :)

xD true but i know a lot of mods and they are calm and patient at times but if the person is really annoying they have no choice and they have to take action

crimsonneji

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2006, 03:07:50 PM »

this time i understand wat neji is saying and i agree, if you really hate someone that much just leave or stop playing this game

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2006, 03:12:57 PM »

.. or go into a house and chat there with your friends if you want to be without disturbance...
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 16 queries.