Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Chat Ignore  (Read 7107 times)

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
Re: Chat Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 01:55:51 AM »

It WILL be like muting somebody, but you're only muting them for your preference, meaning you're the only character that won't see his/her chat.

That's what I meant (must be my poor english).

That person will keep spamming without any idea that no one could see his/her messages (if everyone chatting there "ignore" him/her). That's really cruel. Might as well just mute them =p

others might want to see their posts though... its better if you just block out what they say for yoursleves unless a mod decides to mute them because they are doing something that affects everyone

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 01:59:07 AM »

It WILL be like muting somebody, but you're only muting them for your preference, meaning you're the only character that won't see his/her chat.

That person will keep spamming without any idea that no one could see his/her messages (if everyone chatting there "ignore" him/her). That's really cruel. Might as well just mute them =p

others might want to see their posts though... its better if you just block out what they say for yoursleves unless a mod decides to mute them because they are doing something that affects everyone

I know, I know, I was just kidding ^^

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 02:00:54 AM »

I know, I know, I was just kidding ^^

-_-

Kureaa

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 02:11:00 AM »

Well I don't get bothered much.....Ever actually  :D  So I myself could care less about ignoring someone but if you really have a problem with someone then ignore them mentally.  Actually not being able to see their post is just taking it too far.  Ignoring their mail is one thing but you can't stop a person from talking to you in real life so it shouldn't be different in this situation.

Just don't pay attention to them or report it when they're spamming constantly.

This is a Role playing game and making someone's voice vanish from your ears forever is depriving you from that full experience  ;)

Some people are annoying.  I say you should just learn to deal with it like I have.

Then again I don't have a problem with this Chat Ignore thing cause I myself won't use it, but whatever floats your boat  :)

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 02:18:54 AM »

Did I say this was real life? No I didn't.

You need a vision exam, no offense.

I'm not trying to sount 'bitchy', but until you actually witness what I see daily, I could care less about your opinion.

I hardly ever see you talking to people, when I'm on every single day and most of the day. So please... think before you speak.

To those of you that happen to spend most of their day on Shinobi Legends...

Do you people not get stressed (Unless you're Xaos and completely oblivious to stress) out every single day because of idiots running around screaming about the curse seal, marriage, charm, dragon kills, ect., ect.?

See my point, Kureaa?
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Kureaa

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 02:22:30 AM »

Did I say this was real life? No I didn't.

You need a vision exam, no offense.

I'm not trying to sount 'bitchy', but until you actually witness what I see daily, I could care less about your opinion.

I hardly ever see you talking to people, when I'm on every single day and most of the day. So please... think before you speak.

To those of you that happen to spend most of their day on Shinobi Legends...

Do you people not get stressed (Unless you're Xaos and completely oblivious to stress) out every single day because of idiots running around screaming about the curse seal, marriage, charm, dragon kills, ect., ect.?

See my point, Kureaa?

I was simply stating my opinion and I'm not one to anger quickly so I guess that's the difference between you and me.  What I said was completely thought out and took into account all your points as well, so don't insult me.

LeafToad

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 02:26:21 AM »

*Academy Student such n such walks in with a cut on his neck then collapses to the ground*
*Acad such n such wakes up*
"LA LA LA Someone help me I am bleeding to death!"
*bleeds to death*
"Oh no, I died"
*uses his chakra and comes back to life*
"Okay, I AM BACK!"

... then they just do it again. This is so annoying! You can't invision the posts as gone if someone is screaming at you and causing an uproar... Then there are just the people who would post nonsense. oh, and let's not forget when they keep hold of a key and it stretches out the page.

Kieru

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 02:31:14 AM »

I hate that. That's why I rarely talk in the Gardens before midnight anymore. All the crazy, bloody roleplay spawned by the many weirdoes the game has to offer.

An ignore function. Yes, please.

klaymank

• RUN PAC MAN RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 02:38:55 AM »

Lebis' idea is excellent so everybody should give her applauds. I already did
I'm like the Doctor. I'm always bouncing around time and space.

Kureaa

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 02:42:45 AM »

*Academy Student such n such walks in with a cut on his neck then collapses to the ground*
*Acad such n such wakes up*
"LA LA LA Someone help me I am bleeding to death!"
*bleeds to death*
"Oh no, I died"
*uses his chakra and comes back to life*
"Okay, I AM BACK!"

... then they just do it again. This is so annoying! You can't invision the posts as gone if someone is screaming at you and causing an uproar... Then there are just the people who would post nonsense. oh, and let's not forget when they keep hold of a key and it stretches out the page.

Well I think it's the job of the Mods to mute those meaningless posts.  If you were given the ability to ignore their posts, then everyone would use the ignore function on that certain individual that seems to be spamming and that person would basically feel like he/she was banned from posting.  His/her words would go unheard and they would basically no longer have an existence in Shinobi Legends.

What happens when that person does have a meaningful post?  You would never know cause you can no longer hear him/her.

There are certain powers that are fit only for a Mod and I think this would be one of them.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 02:43:39 AM by Kureaa »

LeafToad

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 02:45:33 AM »

Well I think it's the job of the Mods to mute those meaningless posts.  If you were given the ability to ignore their posts, then everyone would use the ignore function on that certain individual that seems to be spamming and that person would basically feel like he/she was banned from posting.  His/her words would go unheard and they would basically no longer have an existence in Shinobi Legends.

What happens when that person does have a meaningful post?  You would never know cause you can no longer hear him/her.

There are certain powers that are fit only for a Mod and I think this would be one of them.
No.... it is the job of the players to follow the rules and not be so annoying. Just because Mods are there doesn't give you any right to be rude/annoying/disobedient to the rules.

And first impressions mean everything. ;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 02:46:07 AM by LeafToad »

Kieru

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2006, 02:46:19 AM »

Well, then, how about they make it just a one log in session stand? You won't be able to hear them until you log off and log back in again.

LeafToad

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2006, 02:49:52 AM »

Well, then, how about they make it just a one log in session stand? You won't be able to hear them until you log off and log back in again.

It works...

I'd also like the point out that there shouldn't be much controversy over this... The thing is is if you dont want to ignore the person, then just dont... some people don't want to be bothered with that mess and you shouldn't even be concerned with who and who we don't want to ignore.

Thank you, now if you'll excuse me. *continues to eat his pop-tart*

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2006, 02:50:18 AM »

but then it would be a pain in the neck because you would have to keep ignoring them each day... if it was hide until you unignore then it would be better since they wont be able to bug you when you forget to do that

Kureaa

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2006, 02:50:51 AM »

No.... it is the job of the players to follow the rules and not be so annoying. Just because Mods are there doesn't give you any right to be rude/annoying/disobedient to the rules.

And first impressions mean everything. ;)

I know they shouldn't spam or be rude and such, but the times they do step out of line, a Mod must enforce the rules to prevent that person from doing such things again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.