Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Specialty (kikai bugs (cant spell that right ))  (Read 3449 times)

Shukaku

• How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose??
    • View Profile
Re: Specialty (kikai bugs (cant spell that right ))
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 04:46:48 PM »

Gaara's sand control isn't really a kekkai genkai , it's because he have the shukaku.
I'm back to SL !

LeafToad

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 05:14:45 PM »

Gaara's sand control isn't really a kekkai genkai , it's because he have the shukaku.

That's just classified as a Biju, not as anything really. But he still does have certain Jutsus.

RAIKIRI

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 12:42:21 AM »

Actualy, i dont thin they're born with bugs inside them, I read somewhere they are placed in a pit in which they bond witht he bugs. The also dont live inside the body, they live on the skin and under teh shirt.

SO techinically, not a "bloodline jutsu"

LeafToad

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 04:11:17 AM »

Actualy, i dont thin they're born with bugs inside them, I read somewhere they are placed in a pit in which they bond witht he bugs. The also dont live inside the body, they live on the skin and under teh shirt.

SO techinically, not a "bloodline jutsu"

Even so, being a bloodline trait, the person who requested this will have to come up with the specialties of that level, and since they don't actually name any justus, but the bugs just fly at people, it would be sort of hard to do that.

-Bug attack 1
-Bug attack2
-The Bug jutsu where the bugs swarm around you.

-- Just doesn't work because they would all end up doing the same thing

I'm sure Gyu doesn't want to waste her time trying to find some info in all that Naruto manga and anime.

Shukaku

• How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose??
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 07:18:56 PM »

Bug attack? i'll just use some insectiside ^^
I'm back to SL !

kboogi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 08:10:29 PM »

I believe this is not a bloodline trait, just a secret technique to a clan - which means it does qualify as a specialty. Now we just need more examples of the different types of jutsus for this to stand a chance...which now that I think about it...this has been discussed before....
 :roll:
Pope'en ain't easy...

Respect the moderators!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

PyroPrinny

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 08:14:01 PM »

Well, the only things I could really think of for this "trait"...It's not many...
Bug Clone (Mushi Bunshin no Jutsu) - Make it harder for you to be hit and it does some damage.
Bug Tracking - Make it easier for you to hit your opponent/get more hits in.
Destruction Bug Swarm (Kikaichu Yajiri) - Bugs surround the enemy from every angle and siphon health to you. They then crush them.
Biting Bugs - Bugs swarm the enemy and constantly bite them. (many hits, not too much damage?)
Bug Dome (Mushi Kame no Jutsu) - The bugs surround you and make a dome. Boost defense a lot.
Bug Pillar Technique (Mushi Bashra no Jutsu) - Summon many bugs to form pillars that grow closer to the enemy, then crushes them.
Destruction Bug Hail (Kikaichu Amare) - Summon thousands of bugs, which rain down on your opponent and explode.
Destruction Bug Storm (Kikaichu Tsumoji) - Create a tornado made out of bugs and the opponent gets caught in it.

That's all of them...(some are from fillers, while others are from games. Sorry for not having names for two of them)

LeafToad

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2007, 12:34:03 AM »

I believe this is not a bloodline trait, just a secret technique to a clan - which means it does qualify as a specialty.

But if we have everybody running around with a secret technique, it's not secret, thus not living up to the Naruto theme.

A sand nin with a rare bug specialty? I don't think that would work.

RAIKIRI

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2007, 12:44:09 AM »

I believe this is not a bloodline trait, just a secret technique to a clan - which means it does qualify as a specialty.

But if we have everybody running around with a secret technique, it's not secret, thus not living up to the Naruto theme.

A sand nin with a rare bug specialty? I don't think that would work.

True, but you dont see sound nin with fire fuuton etc. jutsus now do you?

One alternative for Biting bugs is for him to send out bugs that land on the opponent asnd 5 turns later, explode or do damage w/e.

Most of shino's jutsus are  passivly working, some poison, some defend, some scout,  you RARELY see them go on the offense so finding offense jutsus is going to be hard.

Another one  I've seen in a game is shino allows his bugs to seep/crawl into the ground and suddenly they all appear and swarm up in a bug sprout attack,.

LeafToad

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2007, 12:45:28 AM »

True, but you dont see sound nin with fire fuuton etc. jutsus now do you?

But they can learn it though. Most jutsus I wouldn't say are race-oriented.

RAIKIRI

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2007, 12:50:00 AM »

Well you RARELY see anyone use katon outside of konoha.

anyways, theres more than one family of bug controllers, hence the bees and ?fleas?

Just goes to show that maybe other people can learn bug jutsu.

maybe like this:

Growing up, you have always found bugs companionable/interesting and vowed to find a way to use b ugs to fight and so trained in kikiai

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2007, 09:14:08 AM »

Clans specialty should not be something that you can choose from a list simply by gaining DK.

Maybe an event of some sort which leads to the clan hall of the bug users, dog users etc. One you joined their clan, you will have the clan specialty added onto your list. It will something like the basic ninjutsu which you cannot switch away from (seperated from your usual ninjutsu, genjutsu & taijutsu) unless you quit the clan.

Mithras

• Beatus ille, qui procul negotiis
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2007, 02:08:12 PM »

Well but think about it the summoning no jutsu from sennin was quite the same it was passed down his family and in Shinobi Legends everyone is runnnig around with his frog

Samantha

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2007, 03:59:48 PM »

Clans specialty should not be something that you can choose from a list simply by gaining DK.

Maybe an event of some sort which leads to the clan hall of the bug users, dog users etc. One you joined their clan, you will have the clan specialty added onto your list. It will something like the basic ninjutsu which you cannot switch away from (seperated from your usual ninjutsu, genjutsu & taijutsu) unless you quit the clan.

I agree with Gyuru, in that clan specialities shouldn't be simply added to our current list of choices.  I believe that it should be earned by a combination of both Dk's and a special event.  The puppet ninjutsu that people have asked about, as well Kiba's beast techniques and Shikamaru's shadow techniques should also fall into this category.  As Gyuru was saying once you reach the special event, you will be given an option to join the Aburame Clan.  However, if you decide to join that clan you will not be able to learn any of the other clan specialities like the Nara Clan's specialities.  If you decide that you don't want to join the Aburame Clan, continue playing until you are asked to join the clan you truly wish to learn from and join. 
To make people understand that jumping from clan to clan is not a part of the naruto world, certain precautions should be put in order.  Let us say you join the Inuzuka clan and learn their techniques and decide to leave the clan so you can learn another clan's jutsu.  Then you are considered a missing-nin from the clan you left and the likelihood of you running into a member of your former clan in the forest is increased.  Therefore, you are not only looking out for the ANBU, but now you must also be aware of members of the clan you left that could be in the woods.  :twisted:  By the way, if you leave two clans, the first one is still after you also ;)

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2007, 12:52:21 AM »

I think it's better if a player can only use specialty from clan A if he is still in the clan. Once he quit & switches to clan B, he will gain clan B's specialty but loses clan A's specialty. After quiting your current clan, you wouldnt be able to rejoin the same clan for a period of time.

If you get to keep the specialty of your former clan, there will be players running around with all clan specialties. Especially players that stay at level 15, the attacks from former members will not be a problem for them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 20 queries.