Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Limiting Attack and defense gained.  (Read 11645 times)

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
Re: Limiting Attack and defense gained.
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2007, 10:59:15 PM »

And if you put it in the test server, do you think it'd still run smoothly?
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

asdfjkl

« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2007, 11:19:55 PM »

well if it's possible to take away temporary hp from pvps than i'm for it

sushigewd2.0

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2007, 11:22:52 PM »

If you guys are using the show to defend your opinion.... then why does Konohamaru (an acad) attack the Hokage? Isnt that worse than being attacked by a jounin?

asdfjkl

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2007, 11:36:37 PM »

but he doesn't beat him...obviously. Any acad in this game could attack a hokage and lose, it's not hard
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 11:37:19 PM by asdfjkl »

protofusion

« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2007, 11:43:30 PM »

as for losing the temp hp in pvp im all for it

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2007, 12:01:15 AM »

I wonder if this topic is necessary...
It seems like it's a personal attack more then sticking to the topic.
Why not say something about me? Or my alt Enishi?
I die on both accounts as well...not that I'm specifying events but PvP, yes I die.
Well Gyu does some of the coding and is helping on the upcoming LoB.

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2007, 12:17:45 AM »

Off-topic: I have nothing personal against Gyu.  I knew she had Pakkun & Akatsuki - I did express surprise at Hoshi access, but it does not bother me.  It just caught me off guard when she killed me while sleeping in my castle - the one place I thought I was safe from her.   :P

I do not begrudge her those perks because the game admin feels she has earned them. 

On-topic:  I understand my idea(s) might not be popular, possible or both.

However, I like the idea of a PvP range, as I have attempted to express in detail earlier in this thread.  While you attack within your range, you are protected and can only be attacked by those whose range you fall into.  If you attack above your range, you are free do to so, but you forfeit all protection and ANY shinobi in the game can seek you out to kill you.  Of course, level 15s can only attack other 15s & 14s still, but if you attack a Grand Hokage, then ANY Grand Hokage can attack you.  You cannot just sit back and 'cherry pick' so to speak.

I also do like the idea of Oro seeking you out.  Not to force you to get a DK, but to make it a bit harder - you would have to try to lose by not using jutsu, items, etc.

Or limit the number of times, per gameday, that you can get the positives from the certain events.  A second encounter, with certain choices, would only net a negative result.

protofusion

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2007, 12:22:24 AM »

However, I like the idea of a PvP range, as I have attempted to express in detail earlier in this thread.  While you attack within your range, you are protected and can only be attacked by those whose range you fall into.  If you attack above your range, you are free do to so, but you forfeit all protection and ANY shinobi in the game can seek you out to kill you.  Of course, level 15s can only attack other 15s & 14s still, but if you attack a Grand Hokage, then ANY Grand Hokage can attack you.  You cannot just sit back and 'cherry pick' so to speak.

but there are some acads who might attack some1 with the name acad but be attacking a grand hokage and than be subject to all other hokages

Samantha

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2007, 12:47:05 AM »

I wonder if this topic is necessary...
It seems like it's a personal attack more then sticking to the topic.
Why not say something about me? Or my alt Enishi?
I die on both accounts as well...not that I'm specifying events but PvP, yes I die.
Well Gyu does some of the coding and is helping on the upcoming LoB.

As I've said before, no one's specific account should be targeted for any event or changes.  The problem is that when an idea of implementing such a change comes up, it's Gyururu's account that people seem to think is being targeted, which is not Gyururu's fault.  I rather us not choose events are outcomes that specifically serve our accounts but instead serve the entire game.  At one point, balance was the calling card of this game and I believe that all of us would like for that to continue. 

If you guys are using the show to defend your opinion.... then why does Konohamaru (an acad) attack the Hokage? Isnt that worse than being attacked by a jounin?
Calling what Konohamaru does an actual attack is rather dense, as we all saw Konohamaru falls over his own feet before even getting a chance to attack the Hokage.  Perhaps it was an attack in intent alone. :smt018  Plus defeating and attacking are two totally different things.  In addition, I don't recall Naruto, a supposedly genin, doing to well against Tsunade, whom was a sannin, when they first met. One finger was used.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 12:53:55 AM by Shikamaru »

sushigewd2.0

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2007, 12:52:49 AM »

If you are afraid of players like Gyu and Enishi

dont stay at level 15 easy as that

asdfjkl

« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2007, 01:19:18 AM »

I have not once made this a personal attack on gyu :P i don't think that anyone here has...oh wait, only two people have but thats in the past so why do u guys keep bringing it up? That topic should've been dropped right when neji said get over it but kamuibrought it back up for no apparent reason :P Please noone mention it again.
edit: also sushigewd, you have made no point at all. Everyone here is saying to limit temporary hp or to limit attack or defense and you come in with your random statement. We're trying to make points using arguements and your randomly calling us scared instead of making an arguement as to why keeping it the same way is good for the game.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 01:24:28 AM by asdfjkl »

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2007, 01:27:37 AM »

I have not once made this a personal attack on gyu :P i don't think that anyone here has...oh wait, only two people have but thats in the past so why do u guys keep bringing it up? That topic should've been dropped right when neji said get over it but kamui, you still brought it back up for no apparent reason. Please don't do that again. It seems that you brought it up just cause you don't like this idea

I really don't care.
The idea seems fine to me.
Heck if you want I'll put up a poll on who wants me to kill Orochimaru.
But some what are the benefits at staying Lv 15?
I slay someone I don't get their gold they will lose it but I don't gain it and the exp gain/loss is easily re-gained on the new day.
It is true it is easy to gain attack and defense but the luck gaining it and strictly 10 to 1, I would rather the first option for powering up but I slow gain it.
The only way I gain out if it is Bragging Rights and PVP's counts which is hard finding people to slay and I rather not seek them in dwellings.
By the way why is the topic still alive?
I did not revive it, I was merely stating my opinion but everyone is a critic.
I would like to Limit my attack but what about those that are about to get 300 Oro kills?
Should we limit does that get higher Oro kills?
They will be Invincible and un-killable except by their peers.
Many Opinions and options but we already had the DK > PK's limited to 10%
I see we must ask for more.  ;)

Shukaku

• How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose??
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2007, 01:30:40 AM »

My problem with people who stay level 15 concerns pvps, they make it impossible for people who play the game the right way to get a good place in the HoF player kills, not to mention that they kill a lot, leaving us with no people to kill =( ,ho well.... but in rome be roman  :P
I'm back to SL !

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2007, 01:37:20 AM »

Removing pvp protection when you attack someone of a higher rank
Like what protofusion said, this wouldn't do. There are a few high rank players who fake as low rank out there. And some players do attack players that have 100-200 DK to suicide.

Limiting pvp range
Would you guys ask for this if everyone below your DK who attacked you dies? Like sushi said, people who stayed at level 15 have their pvp range limited to level 14 and 15 only. They can't attack you if you don't sit around those levels.

No temporary HP in pvp
Like I said, my limited HP is the only thing that keeps me from killing grand hokages. Allowing the attacker to buff up their HP before attacking someone just ins't fair. Neji should remove temporary HP from pvp.

No pvp range
This game would suck for new players if this happens and it would ruin Holloween.

asdfjkl

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2007, 01:44:11 AM »

i could care less if you and gyu stayed at level 15 for the rest of your lives.(no offense)  I have no problem with that. Nor do i have any problem with gyu getting all the benefits she does. Cause those things don't affect the game, i don't see how gyu having pakkun, being able to join akatuski, or traveling to hoshi affects me or anyone else in any way. You and gyu have worked hard to get there. And everyone is a critic :P :P :P I was just saying that after neji said to drop the topic about it being a personal attack everyone did and you brought it up again which gets people off track.

But what i do care about is that people can be killed so easily by others who stay at level 15. It's like saying that if i'm a sannin and i decide to log out in the fields so that others can test thier strength against me it's not fair that someone with the stats of a kage, hokage, or grand hokage attacks and kills me when i'm just a sannin. Even if thier title says academy student, jounin, or kage that doesn't mean that thier stats are that way. Gyu (not to disrespect her) has the stats of a grand hokage and so do i. Whats the difference between her attacking a jounin and me attacking one? absolutely nothing. Same with some acads, whats the difference between an acad killing a hunter nin and a sannin killing one? nothing  if they have the same stats. The 4 dk rule was created so that people wouldn't be SLAUGHTERED by people way stronger then them yet staying at level 15 is a way around it. I don't think that the people who stay at level 15 should have thier attack or defense limited, or be limited to who they can attack. I just believe that they shouldn't be able to use temporary hp and the temporary attack and defense they get should be limited to 1 everytime they see the event, thats all :P
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 01:53:43 AM by asdfjkl »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.