Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Limiting Attack and defense gained.  (Read 11410 times)

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
Re: Limiting Attack and defense gained.
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2007, 02:53:05 PM »

It seems unfair only because you look at me as a player.

I look at everybody as a player.

Is it not true that you as well are simply looking at me as a player? And not a person who is speaking out her own opinion? Now from what I understand, you lash out at me when I go against something that benefits your character. At least it very much seems that way. Take others in consideration. Several people have hit a massive amount of experience, and I'm sure some people that have a lot of gems for their rank want a mount that's for higher ranks. Don't you think other Chuunin or Jounin want to visit Hoshi Gakure? However, they all have to wait, just because they're not good enough coders. As I said, a person can learn very impressive coding with time. But you know what? I'm almost positive they won't get the rewards you have gotten. Why not? Isn't the same? Look at it through OUR eyes. Not just yours.
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2007, 02:57:26 PM »

So would giving up my access to Hoshi Gakure, Akatsuki membership and Pakkun shut you up once and for all? I WILL give them up if you promise to leave me alone after that.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2007, 03:03:24 PM »

Ok, girls, time to cease fire.

If there is (and I have only heard few) a large mass of people complaining about privileges (mount/entry to hoshi gakure) that I gave out due to work that was done to benefit the entire server, we might have to think about it.

Yet, being it only a few, well...

Let's *head back* to the real point of discussion:

stacking up atk+def points like crazy and beat higher people.

a genin can be either a sucker or a god.... see sasuke and naruto from the first episodes... both acads, sasuke even know the fireball... naruto could not even make a normal bunshin without losing...

There *are* differences... and a genin like Naruto in Shipuuden might have much more power. If people don't go to Baa-San's and check their opponents, well. Also note: coloured guys might be stronger than normal guys...

so, how to solve the "genin breaks into hokages home and defeats him" ...

--> limit PvP to 10% higher of your current DKs. That's it.

I won't say "you can only have 50 atk+ 50 def max". or put in a formula.
why? I would have to apply it to every single module that raises stats.

--> make an event that limits them

You can hide from Baluski if you don't enter the forest... also, people might (and have) to face more than only a few points sucked away.... and I don't like to put limits on everything.

So. continue to debate in a sensible manner
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2007, 03:19:20 PM »

I can kill a Hokage with 60+ DKs flawlessly. but I don't think there is any other player out there who can even come close to doing something like that. There is no need to limit the pvp range. The HP limit itself acts as a pvp limit. Even with my insane stat (higher than Risuku the last time I checked), I can't kill someone with over 5 times my HP.

KingCyrus

• So be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2007, 05:57:28 PM »

I can kill a Hokage with 60+ DKs flawlessly. but I don't think there is any other player out there who can even come close to doing something like that. There is no need to limit the pvp range. The HP limit itself acts as a pvp limit. Even with my insane stat (higher than Risuku the last time I checked), I can't kill someone with over 5 times my HP.

Yes, but you can still kill lots of people that you shouldn't be able too. And eventually, it *could* be possible that you kill people with 5 times your hp.

I completely agree with the limiting pvp idea.
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. But if my fate is to die, then I must simply laugh. -Magus

LeafToad

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2007, 06:04:31 PM »

If people in your range can't come close to that, then there means that there has to be a change. Even though there is a such thing as exceling over somebody, what you're doing in the game would be unheard of in the Naruto world.

I could understand if this shinobi stayed at Jounin because they became a missing nin and couldn't advance, but unfortunately this doesn't exist in the game...

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2007, 06:14:00 PM »

10% higher then my current DK. That means I can't attack anyone who has more then 8 DK?!

LeafToad

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2007, 06:22:34 PM »

10% higher then my current DK. That means I can't attack anyone who has more then 8 DK?!

Not like you'll need the exp anyway. You pretty much passed the game a couple weeks ago. ¬.Ñ

Samantha

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2007, 06:29:37 PM »

I'm so tired of the Naruto reference being used to further the reasoning of genins and chuunins being able to beat up hunter nins and above.  Naruto is in NO WAY a true genin, he is merely a genin in title for the anime.  Which makes no sense when you think about it. Naruto beats Neji and doesn't become a chunin.  Shikamaru loses technically to Temari and he becomes a chunin.  Then Naruto beats Kakuzu and still he remains a genin.  Even Tenten who hasn't beaten anyone is a chunin.  When was the last time Tenten beat a hunter nin or anbu captain? Are we rewarding those that are willing to stay at level 15 and stack attack and defense, because we are surely diminishing those that go on to get DKs.  There is no mistakes about it, that it is a matter of choice of rather if a person wants to stay at level 15 or not, I just believe that like Lebis and others have been saying there has to be a way for us to compromise and balance the game.   

It amazes me that genins and chunins can actually attack players of far more DK's.  In contrast, hunter nins and above can't attack academy students and genins.  As all of us have said in the past, this wouldn't be fair.  Having hokages have the ability to kill academy students, genins or chunins would be a massacre.  So I propose that Neji takes the attacking limit off of everyone, let kages be able to attack academy students, genins and above.  Therefore anyone staying at level 15 can attack anyone and like wise anyone at any ranking can attack people far above or below their rank. 

Surely, this won't happen but my point is that you understand the point that Lebis and others are trying to make, by giving you the opposing side.  How fair is it to have an Master Hokage, forgive me for using you as an example Lebis, like Lebis attack and kill genins?  You would have people up in arms about there being too much of a difference in power, and that someone ranked that high shouldn't be able to attack or kill others ranked far below herself.  The same applies to those staying at level 15 who are students, genins, and chunins. 

*off topic*
Couldn't the donation kyuubi been temporarily given to Gyururu for the work or donations made to the game. Obviously it's easy to second guess it now, since time has already passed. 

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2007, 07:01:15 PM »

Not like you'll need the exp anyway. You pretty much passed the game a couple weeks ago. ¬.Ñ

You don't get experience from pvping at level 15 -_-

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2007, 09:25:58 PM »

Then maybe you should consider getting more DKs. =]
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2007, 09:32:14 PM »

:evil:

stick - to - the -topic please.

the title "genin" can be seen as Shikamaru said. Technically. Formally.

In reality, the player is much stronger.

BUT

as a genin if you want to fight a hokage... you will have to go through the entire village...
as another hokage, your followers hold off his...and you have a duel...

that's how you MIGHT want to see a pvp upper limit...

I will not argue about "make people kill oro" ... I will not argue about "put a limit to their atk/def"

anything aside from that is open to discussion.

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2007, 09:43:36 PM »

How fair is it to have an Master Hokage, forgive me for using you as an example Lebis, like Lebis attack and kill genins?

Oh but I'd LOVE it... I mean.. you DO have students and Chuunins thinking they're all hot and saying that they can kill Anbu and such. ;]

Sounds.. splendid. A blood bath. Like the day the sky rained blood. >:]

You should let that.. be the case. >>;

</joke>

Well what about limiting people to attacking those that are 10% above their DK level? You said it'd be possible?

Discord - Vyloria#9279

asdfjkl

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2007, 10:34:42 PM »

i don't believe attack or defense should be limited either nor should oro seek out the players. But how about this, the person staying at level 15 can use no temporary hp. Thats sounds like a good idea. Or...going into another topic already made, just don't allow temporary hp in pvps

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2007, 10:54:04 PM »

temporary hp in pvp ... difficult to manage, but possible.

limiting up to x% or a total of your dks ... one setting, I already implemented the functionality in one of my modules.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 14 queries.