Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Limiting Attack and defense gained.  (Read 11244 times)

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Re: Limiting Attack and defense gained.
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2007, 02:23:55 AM »

i could care less if you and gyu stayed at level 15 for the rest of your lives.(no offense)  I have no problem with that. Nor do i have any problem with gyu getting all the benefits she does. Cause those things don't affect the game, i don't see how gyu having pakkun, being able to join akatuski, or traveling to hoshi affects me or anyone else in any way. You and gyu have worked hard to get there. And everyone is a critic :P :P :P I was just saying that after neji said to drop the topic about it being a personal attack everyone did and you brought it up again which gets people off track.

Gyururu traveling to hoshi does affect the game...as Atomkai said.

Off-topic: I have nothing personal against Gyu.  I knew she had Pakkun & Akatsuki - I did express surprise at Hoshi access, but it does not bother me.  It just caught me off guard when she killed me while sleeping in my castle - the one place I thought I was safe from her.   :P

She can attack anyone, granted at lvl 14 or 15 with 3 dks and more, since she is able to go anywhere possible.
SPOILERS - she is able to refresh you-know-what, which probably helps her a lot since she must have hundreds of you-know-what. Which means more turns for her. Inturn means she has more opportunities to get events that increase her att/def.
SPOILERS - She was also able to change her gender, but that I have no problem with :D

My problem with people who stay level 15 concerns pvps, they make it impossible for people who play the game the right way to get a good place in the HoF player kills, not to mention that they kill a lot, leaving us with no people to kill =( ,ho well.... but in rome be roman  :P

I agree with shukaku. 
The adavantage lvl 15s have is that they can kill anyone around their DK. Like I said before, they own.
It is unfair to those that kill orochimaru and pvp at the same time. I should also know. Konoho is ranked 12 in pks right now and he's a grand hokage. I can't keep up with lvl 15s. I'm lucky to get 3 pks a real day. Enishi is catching up to me...

SPOILERS - This is also affected by Gyururu going to Hoshi. I know she uses hoshi to get more pvps. That's why she gets more than 9 pks a real day.

I wonder if this topic is necessary...
It seems like it's a personal attack more then sticking to the topic.
Why not say something about me? Or my alt Enishi?
I die on both accounts as well...not that I'm specifying events but PvP, yes I die.
Well Gyu does some of the coding and is helping on the upcoming LoB.

I didn't attack you because you are a Grand Hokage and that means you get to go to Hoshi and whatnot. Can Enishi go to Hoshi? I think not...

I know I sound like a jerk, but some things I thought I should point out. Soooo...

I apologize...seems I've turned this topic about gyururu :oops:

I never knew why she got all those things. She can keep them since Neji thinks she deserves them.

Keep in mind that I played a lvl 15 character, infamously known as Academy Student cash.

I think this thread should be locked...it is getting out of control.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 02:49:18 AM by Mihazi »

sushigewd2.0

« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2007, 02:25:50 AM »

I have not once made this a personal attack on gyu :P i don't think that anyone here has...oh wait, only two people have but thats in the past so why do u guys keep bringing it up? That topic should've been dropped right when neji said get over it but kamuibrought it back up for no apparent reason :P Please noone mention it again.
edit: also sushigewd, you have made no point at all. Everyone here is saying to limit temporary hp or to limit attack or defense and you come in with your random statement. We're trying to make points using arguements and your randomly calling us scared instead of making an arguement as to why keeping it the same way is good for the game.

I am wondering how that is random, you are talking about players who boost up on temp att and def, and limiting the amount gained. Now who in this game besides the players that stay at level 15 would that apply to and if there is someone please tell me.

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2007, 02:45:48 AM »

but there are some acads who might attack some1 with the name acad but be attacking a grand hokage and than be subject to all other hokages

However, isn't that why there is a link to the bio to view what rank somebody is? That's their own fault for being careless, no?
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2007, 02:59:01 AM »

but there are some acads who might attack some1 with the name acad but be attacking a grand hokage and than be subject to all other hokages

However, isn't that why there is a link to the bio to view what rank somebody is? That's their own fault for being careless, no?

Someone attacks Risuku for suicidal reason so now they have to face the wraith of everyone on the server? No, this idea has a problem.

I don't see how it's a problem when I kill a hokage if no one complains about me killing chuunin & jounin. (just using myself as an example)

Mihazi

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2007, 03:01:20 AM »

That is true, but I think it is more about ignorance.
I doubt most acads would think about checking ranks because they probably don't know that someone with 30 oro kills is a lot stronger than they are.
They are "new players"...
But then again, an academy student shouldn't be able to defeat a kage. Common sense.

Someone attacks Risuku for suicidal reason so now they have to face the wraith of everyone on the server? No, this idea has a problem.

I don't see how it's a problem when I kill a hokage if no one complains about me killing chuunin & jounin. (just using myself as an example)

Why do people suicide? To get more turns...There are other ways to suicide besides attacking someone with 2XX dks.

Nobody complains that you defeated a chuunin and jounin because those are the people you should be able to defeat -_-
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 03:17:14 AM by Mihazi »

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2007, 03:04:15 AM »

Then maybe this will prevent people from suiciding. That's not really how the game should be played either. Die of natural cause. Souldn't be able to die on whim. And of course, I just may have a mob after me now. =]
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Mihazi

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2007, 03:11:25 AM »

On-topic:  I understand my idea(s) might not be popular, possible or both.

However, I like the idea of a PvP range, as I have attempted to express in detail earlier in this thread.  While you attack within your range, you are protected and can only be attacked by those whose range you fall into.  If you attack above your range, you are free do to so, but you forfeit all protection and ANY shinobi in the game can seek you out to kill you.  Of course, level 15s can only attack other 15s & 14s still, but if you attack a Grand Hokage, then ANY Grand Hokage can attack you.  You cannot just sit back and 'cherry pick' so to speak.

The problem I see with this solution is that what if you misclick and end up attacking Risuku? You get attacked by everyone...

The other problem I see is that when I had 5X dks I killed someone with 8X dks. He used his dragon points on other things besides att/def so I was able to beat him in pvp. Now I get attacked be all master hokages?

I just saw another problem. The DK range for the title Grand Hokage is 100 approaching infinity. Konoho is only able to attack Grand Hokages, so that means asdfjkl and Shukaku can attack me. :eek:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 03:29:41 AM by Mihazi »

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2007, 03:39:18 AM »

Quote from: protofusion
Quote from: Gyu~ru~ru
Removing pvp protection when you attack someone of a higher rank
Like what protofusion said, this wouldn't do. There are a few high rank players who fake as low rank out there. And some players do attack players that have 100-200 DK to suicide.
As for the players that suicide, I have no good answer.  However, earlier, I stated:
Quote from: AtomKai
How about a similar PvP range immunity once the "Gods" protection is lifted?  What I mean is that you have your normal range of who you can attack.  (5 DKs below you and "Your DK + 10% DK" above you)  That upper end of the range is not a ceiling, it just marks the range of shinobi that you can attack at will.

If you go above that, you get a message indicating that attacking that high removes your protection and you then become fair game for EVERY player in shinobi, regardless of the other persons DK level.  (I have no idea how hard this would be to code.  It seems like it would be rather tedious.)  It just seems bit unfair that these players that stay there forever can take shots at a higher level person, but that person cannot reciprocate.  You want to flex by seeking out stronger opponents?  Then you forfeit the protection of being strong but at a lower rank.
So, in addition to the ability to check the bio, you also get a message.  There can only be so much hand holding.

Limiting pvp range
Would you guys ask for this if everyone below your DK who attacked you dies? Like sushi said, people who stayed at level 15 have their pvp range limited to level 14 and 15 only. They can't attack you if you don't sit around those levels.

No pvp range
This game would suck for new players if this happens and it would ruin Holloween.
I got here just after Halloween, so I am not sure how it would effect it, but there could be some sort of "lifting of the rules" during such events.  Or so I assume.

No temporary HP in pvp
Like I said, my limited HP is the only thing that keeps me from killing grand hokages. Allowing the attacker to buff up their HP before attacking someone just ins't fair. Neji should remove temporary HP from pvp.
Would you feel the same about a "No Temp Stats of any kind" ban, would you?

As it is, I think HP at log out should be used for defending purposes against PvP attacks.

Mihazi

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2007, 03:47:31 AM »

Getting rid of Temp hp will not be enough. Lvl 15s will get to the point where their att/def is so high that having 5x more hp is not enough to overcome that insane att/def.

If you really want to stop lvl 15s from killing someone at a much higher dk, then Cyrus has the answer.

LeafToad

« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2007, 03:51:00 AM »

Getting rid of Temp hp will not be enough. Lvl 15s will get to the point where their att/def is so high that having 5x more hp is not enough to overcome that insane att/def.

If you really want to stop lvl 15s from killing someone at a much higher dk, then Cyrus has the answer.

There was a point where a pvp range was implemented and it didn't work out, so it was short lived.

Just try to get out of the ranges of the 15'ers as soon as possible. Maybe be tough with Sinharvest though. XD

Mihazi

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2007, 03:54:51 AM »

That is true Leaftoad. It is easy to avoid getting attacked. I've said that earlier in this thread. Maybe some people don't know how and complain or like sitting out in the fields and complain when they get beaten. :-?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 03:55:15 AM by Mihazi »

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2007, 03:56:09 AM »

Let's think about this at a "How will this make the game better?" point of view.

1) A player check the stat of his opponent at baa-san before attacking, 200+ HP and when he attacks, the guy has over 1000 HP. Removing HP buff along with stat buff works better. Less confusion.

2) Removing the DK restriction, that's what makes Holloween fun. What is the assassin in the forest for? To attack those who you can't attack for you.

3) Problem with players who stayed at level 15 killing those who are way above their ranks? Just stay clear of level 14 & 15. It's easier to do that then to have Neji code something that's not important and risk messing up the whole pvp system.

4) Are there hundreds of players complaining about this? Will this new restriction/limiter make the players happier? Will it make the game better? I don't think so.

5) We should close this and focus on things that would improve the game instead. Like kekkai genkai, the love letter event, fighting multiple enemies, new mount system, puppet jutsu etc.

Mihazi

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2007, 04:03:21 AM »

Let's think about this at a "How will this make the game better?" point of view.

1) A player check the stat of his opponent at baa-san before attacking, 200+ HP and when he attacks, the guy has over 1000 HP. Removing HP buff along with stat buff works better. Less confusion.

I agree. You shouldn't use the temp hp you get when someone attacks you or even when you attack them. But I think you should be allowed to use temp att/def. That actually shows up at Baa-san.
2) Removing the DK restriction, that's what makes Holloween fun. What is the assassin in the forest for? To attack those who you can't attack for you.

No, that is what alts are for ;)

3) Problem with players who stayed at level 15 killing those who are way above their ranks? Just stay clear of level 14 & 15. It's easier to do that then to have Neji code something that's not important and risk messing up the whole pvp system.

4) Are there hundreds of players complaining about this? Will this new restriction/limiter make the players happier? Will it make the game better? I don't think so.

5) We should close this and focus on things that would improve the game instead. Like kekkai genkai, the love letter event, fighting multiple enemies, new mount system, puppet jutsu etc.

I agree with the rest :D

asdfjkl

« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2007, 04:29:31 AM »

i guess everyone's opinion has been expressed extensively.....which was scary since the conversation looked like it was going to errupt many times. I'll lock it now :P
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Page created in 1.059 seconds with 16 queries.