Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Limiting Attack and defense gained.  (Read 11242 times)

asdfjkl

Limiting Attack and defense gained.
« on: April 14, 2007, 04:12:54 PM »

ok, this is how i see it, i want to put a feature request but i'm trying to do it with the least spoilers possible so don't elaborate on the event anymore than what i'm gonna say. Just state if you like the idea or not. Like 7 days ago i looked and recorded someones stats down, someone who stays at level 15 as there are many people doing this, 8 days or 24 gamedays later the persons defense has grown by 20 and thier attack by 30. It's like what the hell. There are only two events that i know people can get continously, one involves a penguin killer and the other involves.......being mature. I think that both those events should be reduced to giving 1 extra temporary attack or defense instead of two. If that was put in place then maybe this persone would have 10 more attack and 15 more defense instead of 20 more attack and 30 more defense...thats all :P

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Limiting Attack and defense gained.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 04:33:58 PM »

Hm. Limiting that will be difficult.

People are not supposed (but are free to) stay at level 15...

Most will never enter Hoshi Gakure or get a better mount, but at Hokage level... why not.

Yes, they might stack atk+def up... yet I see no real chance to limit it without greatly offensing players by putting limits to their abilities.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

asdfjkl

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 04:39:04 PM »

but your not really limiting the amount of attack and defense they can have, your just making it harder for them to stack up ;)

Shukaku

• How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose??
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 04:41:02 PM »

My alt just got 4 attack today, it's too easy and fast.
I'm back to SL !

asdfjkl

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 04:48:36 PM »

it really is, thats why in the events you people should oinly be able to get 1 extra temporary attack or defense, not two

Shukaku

• How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose??
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 04:49:36 PM »

I think it would be the same in the end... it's just a matter of time.
I'm back to SL !

asdfjkl

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 04:57:59 PM »

but it'd be cutting down the amount they get by 50 % like i stated above, if this was in place teh person would have gotten 10 attack and 15 defense instead of 20 attack and 30 defense.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 06:00:38 PM »

ok.
easy fix:

limiting the max oro kills you can attack somebody to YOURS+10% of your kills.

that's it. then you can have 100000 attack, the only guys who might fight you are your own level.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 08:30:39 PM »

ok.
easy fix:

that's it. then you can have 100000 attack, the only guys who might fight you are your own level.

please dont limit how high you can go neji!!!!!!

i kill some people who are over 10% (i think) of my dk T-T

see?
Øtǿkâgê ♪ shikkifujjin defeated Atomsuku Keigi in fair combat in the fields of Fire Country.

Serris

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 08:38:40 PM »

Limit it. Torment the people who rely on PvPs.
Make them lose their supply of kills. Be evil.

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 08:52:49 PM »

Limit it. Torment the people who rely on PvPs.
Make them lose their supply of kills. Be evil.

whats the point of pvping if you have NO ONE to kill? at all times its hell for me to find someone i can kill... the few that i do find are at higher dks....

LeafToad

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 10:21:17 PM »

Staying at 15 would be exactly what Naruto is doing right now in the Shippuuden episodes. He's still Genin level but has the power and mind of a Chuunin, even though everyone in his age group(yes including Sakura, she is a chuunin) is a Chuunin and he isn't. But Naruto also has the deal with the fact that he is still a lowly Genin and the rest of the people are way ahead of him.

The same applies to staying at level 15. There are disadvantages and advantages that even themselves out. As there is only two people that have decided to stay at level 15 that have access to Hoshi and the good mounts. The rest are just acads who got bored one day and decided not to slay Oro. Just let them live and not limit attack and defense. :)

« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 10:21:40 PM by LeafToad »

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 10:26:11 PM »

Staying at 15 would be exactly what Naruto is doing right now in the Shippuuden episodes. He's still Genin level but has the power and mind of a Chuunin, even though everyone in his age group(yes including Sakura, she is a chuunin) is a Chuunin and he isn't. But Naruto also has the deal with the fact that he is still a lowly Genin and the rest of the people are way ahead of him.

The same applies to staying at level 15. There are disadvantages and advantages that even themselves out. As there is only two people that have decided to stay at level 15 that have access to Hoshi and the good mounts. The rest are just acads who got bored one day and decided not to slay Oro. Just let them live and not limit attack and defense. :)

i agree <.< but there should be the event lebis suggested about having oro attack the people who stay at lvl 15 for too long...
and i just dont want there to be a pvping against HIGHER ranks limit.... lower is okay....

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 01:00:28 AM »

i agree <.< but there should be the event lebis suggested about having oro attack the people who stay at lvl 15 for too long...
and i just dont want there to be a pvping against HIGHER ranks limit.... lower is okay....

Exactly.  Is Naruto not sought out on occassion by those stronger than himself?  Sasuke was as well.

I think the stat bonuses should decrease from 2 to 1.  Or, the frequency of those certain events scaled down to 1 reward per day (if you encounter them more often, you just lose with no opportunity to gain).

If I recall correctly, the first three gamedays that someone starts out, they have immunity from PvPs "from the Gods". 

How about a similar PvP range immunity once the "Gods" protection is lifted?  What I mean is that you have your normal range of who you can attack.  (5 DKs below you and "Your DK + 10% DK" above you)  That upper end of the range is not a ceiling, it just marks the range of shinobi that you can attack at will. 

If you go above that, you get a message indicating that attacking that high removes your protection and you then become fair game for EVERY player in shinobi, regardless of the other persons DK level.  (I have no idea how hard this would be to code.  It seems like it would be rather tedious.)  It just seems bit unfair that these players that stay there forever can take shots at a higher level person, but that person cannot reciprocate.  You want to flex by seeking out stronger opponents?  Then you forfeit the protection of being strong but at a lower rank.

I also like the Oro seeks you out once you pass a certain EXP threshold - or it could be based on "it is day number x for you" and when that day hits a certain number (100?), Oro seeks you out.  Obviously, if it were to be an EXP threshold, it would be different depending on your DK level.  But if Oro gets stronger based both on your DK level AND your other stats, then it should be no problem for those people to lose on purpose in order to stay at level 15 and keep all their stats (minus a % of EXP).

KingCyrus

• So be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 01:28:01 AM »

ok.
easy fix:

I made a feature request like this long ago. I like it.
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. But if my fate is to die, then I must simply laugh. -Magus
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 16 queries.