Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

Completely Unstable, Unfair, for decided by Luck? Support your answer with detail.

Unstable
- 6 (20.7%)
Unfair
- 8 (27.6%)
Luck
- 11 (37.9%)
Haven't Noticed anything
- 4 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Low Ranked PvP  (Read 5044 times)

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
Low Ranked PvP
« on: June 20, 2007, 01:41:36 AM »

Now, from what I'm away of, I have a theory that low ranked PvPs (Student - Jounin?) are completely unstable.

I can support this this by saying Cerberus, a 5 DK Chuunin, can be attacked by a Jounin (purple at that) and can have an obvious advantage health and stat wise, and they will lose. However, when I attack a Student with Cerberus, I get completely slaughtered or turn out to be victorious with very little, or almost all of my health. What purple Jounin, with higher stats and all, would get owned by a Chuunin, then have the Chuunin get annihilated by a Genin or Student. Make sense? No. It doesn't.

I'm not understanding this. There is NO way it's decided by luck at low ranks. It's completely impossible. If it was luck, there would be a steady pattern throughout the PvP. Not 'let's hit the person for 20+ and then have them hit me back for 1-4 because they have a higher rank than I do, and then let's let them hit me for 30 so I can retaliate for around the same.' ><

I'm thinking that the stability and fairness should be adjusted to make it seem realistic.
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Re: Low Ranked PvP
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 02:05:51 AM »

With my attack & defense, I basically flawless anyone below 100 DK...

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 02:58:06 AM »

Now, from what I'm away of, I have a theory that low ranked PvPs (Student - Jounin?) are completely unstable.

I can support this this by saying Cerberus, a 5 DK Chuunin, can be attacked by a Jounin (purple at that) and can have an obvious advantage health and stat wise, and they will lose. However, when I attack a Student with Cerberus, I get completely slaughtered or turn out to be victorious with very little, or almost all of my health. What purple Jounin, with higher stats and all, would get owned by a Chuunin, then have the Chuunin get annihilated by a Genin or Student. Make sense? No. It doesn't.

I'm not understanding this. There is NO way it's decided by luck at low ranks. It's completely impossible. If it was luck, there would be a steady pattern throughout the PvP. Not 'let's hit the person for 20+ and then have them hit me back for 1-4 because they have a higher rank than I do, and then let's let them hit me for 30 so I can retaliate for around the same.' ><

I'm thinking that the stability and fairness should be adjusted to make it seem realistic.

i agree cuz my acad alt attacked an Anbu a while ago to help her get some exp (she asked me to) and she ended up with less hp than me in 10 rounds but won after that

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 03:30:13 AM »

Reminds me of when I attacked Lebis with Viral.

Lebis was.. Anbu Captain by then. And Viral got her down to 9 health. She was 1 DK Genin. I know it was 9 health, because I remember so clearly.
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 05:42:41 AM »

I think sometimes I got defeated my people who do have a title  lower then me. I'm thinking, I have more DKs....so what is the problem. I think it sometimes can be hard losing to a person who is "lower" than you, but could it be how each person is uses their DKs?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 05:44:27 AM by ace »

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 06:01:58 AM »

Rank apparently has nothing to do with it in my eyes. Genin Vs. Captain. Genin almost victorious.. Something is obviously wrong there.

Discord - Vyloria#9279

thSannin

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 10:06:16 AM »

i think it as a lot to do with luck.
as a low rank, i often won when i wanted to suicide.
obviously, if a genin spent his dk point on attack and got some hp from the merchant, while a chuunin spent his points on turns and got no hp, then it's a sure win.
but even when i attacked guys who spent points in the same way i did, the result could have been anything. as a jounin i attacked 2 times in a day a guy at my same level and with the same dks, who spent points just like me: the first time i got almost a flawless, the second time i barely scratched him. and i hat lots of hp more (around 100, wich was a lot at the time. he had like 20 or something).

but now, as a kage, fights are more fair, i noticed

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 05:25:25 PM »

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary, luck, luck, and luck.
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 06:33:57 PM »

the algorithms are flexible, luck *is* a big component.

I remember when I played actively that I never attacked people who were *only* 3 dks below me... they could kill me if it turned out bad :-/
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 10:38:06 PM »

obviously, if a genin spent his dk point on attack and got some hp from the merchant, while a chuunin spent his points on turns and got no hp, then it's a sure win.
but even when i attacked guys who spent points in the same way i did, the result could have been anything. as a jounin i attacked 2 times in a day a guy at my same level and with the same dks, who spent points just like me: the first time i got almost a flawless, the second time i barely scratched him. and i hat lots of hp more (around 100, wich was a lot at the time. he had like 20 or something).

its not really fair at higher ranks either.....
Master Vs Master
i had maybe 400-500 hp?
she had around 330-350?
my stats were apparently higher at the time, i had more hp, and she still won.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 10:42:08 PM »

Random chance did not operate in your favour.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

thSannin

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 10:43:53 PM »

its not really fair at higher ranks either.....
Master Vs Master
i had maybe 400-500 hp?
she had around 330-350?
my stats were apparently higher at the time, i had more hp, and she still won.

weird. at 39 dks, every pvp is very... "logical".
i only need luck when fighting against someone with exactly my same stats.

Shukaku

• How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose??
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 01:19:42 AM »

It's easier to control the fight if you use the optin FIGHT,one round at a time, if you fight against a weaker opponent and use To the end, you might have a bigger chance to lose.
I'm back to SL !

sushigewd2.0

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 02:16:56 AM »

Shukaku....... you are a genius!! haha

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 04:33:19 AM »

No. He's not.

I use the *fight* option throughout EVERY PvP. Cerberus and Lebis alike.

Discord - Vyloria#9279
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 23 queries.