Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Good Ideas / Bad Ideas - Ideas either way  (Read 1277 times)

atomkai

• View Profile
Good Ideas / Bad Ideas - Ideas either way
« on: July 12, 2007, 03:42:01 PM »

* In Konoha only, Battle Arena becomes Lee's Dojo.  Opponent line-up might need to change.

* Added benefit of dwelling: If you wake up in a dwelling, you do not START your gameday (meaning, any forest fights/travels from donation points - and other things like that - are not invoked) until you LEAVE your dwelling.  This would allow full access to your dwelling and mail system (posting on your dwelling's wall, accessing your dwellings coffers [obviously, you still could not deposit/withdraw from the bank], conducting Dwelling Management type functions, etc.) as well as FULL access to your mail (not just receiving mail in your private, off-site email address, but answering those messages as well).

* If you are born in Leaf, and Good, you should never fight certain enemies.  Same goes for other Village/Alignment combinations.  Certain, "Something Special" events, of course, should still apply (Peeking, Oro, etc.)

* A specific, "Something Special" event involving Zabuza & Haku (tougher than their current, "found in the forest" equivalents).

* Some tweaking to the current PvP system.  I understand that Oliver does not want it to be "calculable", but in my opinion, the alignment of the initiator and the alignment of the target should play a role in determining any alignment implications.

Again, just my opinion.

thSannin

Re: Good Ideas / Bad Ideas - Ideas either way
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 03:55:15 PM »

not bad ideas, but they're a bit too little detailed.
but i totally agree with the dwelling's one.
it's already been requested to be able to log in without starting a new day, and this really seems a good deal

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 04:10:26 PM »

I agree, they are not precise in detail because they are only ideas. 

If they are moved into the viable options category, then the details can be fleshed out by committee or by an individual (me, for instance, if desired).

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 05:16:23 PM »

* In Konoha only, Battle Arena becomes Lee's Dojo.  Opponent line-up might need to change.

Maybe when Oliver has nothing better to do.

* Added benefit of dwelling: If you wake up in a dwelling, you do not START your gameday (meaning, any forest fights/travels from donation points - and other things like that - are not invoked) until you LEAVE your dwelling.  This would allow full access to your dwelling and mail system (posting on your dwelling's wall, accessing your dwellings coffers [obviously, you still could not deposit/withdraw from the bank], conducting Dwelling Management type functions, etc.) as well as FULL access to your mail (not just receiving mail in your private, off-site email address, but answering those messages as well).

This one sounds useful for those who doesn't want to waste their donated kyuubi.

* If you are born in Leaf, and Good, you should never fight certain enemies.  Same goes for other Village/Alignment combinations.  Certain, "Something Special" events, of course, should still apply (Peeking, Oro, etc.)

Server load, imagine the server having to check your (and 100++ other players') alignment & race everytime a player click through the forest.

* A specific, "Something Special" event involving Zabuza & Haku (tougher than their current, "found in the forest" equivalents).

Could be use to replace the sphinx since Zabuza & Haku.

While traveling to (whatever country you were going to), you suddenly bumped into a pair of cloaked shinobi. They seem kidda familiar and you realize that one of them is a missing nin, Zabuza, one of the Seven Shinobi Swordsmen of the Mist! But before you could even reach for your weapon, the two surrounded you with their weapons drawn.

"Leave or die..." Zabuza muttered with his zanbatou at your throat.

=> Run for your life (return to where you came from)
=> Fight! (reward: gold & gems, if you win)

Note: Zabuza will use Water clones while Haku uses Sensatsu Suishou that last 10 rounds. When AI is implented, Zabuza might even use Water Prison to stop you from attacking for 3 rounds. He will not be able to attack, but his clones will be.

* Some tweaking to the current PvP system.  I understand that Oliver does not want it to be "calculable", but in my opinion, the alignment of the initiator and the alignment of the target should play a role in determining any alignment implications.

Has been requested multiple times by myself, but oliver just would give :cry:

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 05:47:04 PM »

@ Gyu:

Regarding Konoha Battle Arena/Lee's Dojo:  I just think it fits into this whole "making it more like the Narutoverse" idea.

Regarding added dwelling benefits and Kyuubi implications:  That would be one of the other reasons for wanting that feature, yes, absolutely.

Regarding nin - enemy pairings based partly on Village & Alignment:  Yeah, I always forget about server load implications.  There might be another way to do it, but you are right, the most straight forward way does seem like it would cause massive server load issues.

Regarding Zabuza & Haku replacing Sphinx:  Sounds good to me.

Regarding tweaking PvP:  just stating an idea/opinion.  I understand it not being 100% calculable, but the way it plays out now, it does not seem to make much sense.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 05:47:47 PM by atomkai »

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 04:11:47 PM »

a few words:

@Konoha
It can be done, but it would then be no battle arena anymore. I see this seperate from a dojo.

@dwellings
I can live without the newday check, I *THINK* I can remove it easily, but that's only me.

@forest
well, quite some work... and also, we do not have enough enemies Oo about 10 for each level, you face the same all over. If we had more enemies, I could give it a try ... though serios programming involved

@haku
be my guest.

@pvp
if the need is there to make it calculatable, I will put it in, not that much of an effort.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

thSannin

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 05:16:30 PM »

wow, neji''s in a good mood today.

@dojo: i don't really care ^^

@forest: i don't care much about this either, but since you aren't the first one to ask this, neji could make a thread or board for people to propose more enemies in a form like: -name; -weapon; -pic (maybe); -sentence after you beat him

@dwellings and haku: that's what i'd like omst to be implemented

@pvp: for higher ranks, the system isn't too random...

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 08:26:53 PM »

@forest: i don't care much about this either, but since you aren't the first one to ask this, neji could make a thread or board for people to propose more enemies in a form like: -name; -weapon; -pic (maybe); -sentence after you beat him

There already is. =) http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,29.0.html
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

thSannin

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 04:40:36 PM »

oh, i see.
couldn't you make it a sticky thread or something?

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 14 queries.