Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Maybe some advanced AI(mrecenary stuffs)?  (Read 753 times)

LeafToad

Maybe some advanced AI(mrecenary stuffs)?
« on: August 17, 2007, 08:54:18 AM »

I don't know why I just called it AI so please bear with me. >>

As for the mercenary things, is there a possibility that we can order them around, like a pawn?

I mean, I do spend a decent amount of gold on this guy, only for him to die like 5 turns later. Maybe a command could be like "Flee from battle, you are wounded!" If you see his health is almost gone and you are in a battle with like 10 billion guys. Then you go back to find him in the mercenary camp and you can team back up with him(maybe even for a little price with emotional damage and all). So you still have to travel, you are just saving a little gold.

Also, would it also be possible to tell them which enemies to go for?

Just askin for a little bit of control over the mercenaries. :twisted:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 09:10:53 AM by LeafToad »

Arpax

Re: Maybe some advanced AI(mrecenary stuffs)?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 06:07:08 AM »

I dont know, i have mixed feelings about this request.... i mean its good to have mor control over the mercenaries but also when neji implemented them in the game, i think he thought about the help the would give you,and how he could keep the balance in the game and not make it to easy for someone to level... soi i dont know... maybe he wanted the mercenaries to be how they are , for balance in the game.

LeafToad

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 09:15:54 PM »

There's a lot of stuff that people can take advantage of to make it easier to level in the game. I'm just saying. You paid for the mercenary, they should at least listen to a simple command of fleeing. You still have to waste a travel to go get them back and everything too, you can even pay a little to get them back. Heck, you can even lose a turn or something. >>

I don't think it would help me level any faster. >>

It would just help me save some gold and gems.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 09:16:39 PM by LeafToad »

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 10:23:01 PM »

Well, you stated basically the reason why I don't do the mount change right now.

I thought they HAD AI, I could give them scripts, let them flee...

but they have none.

Also, they are very very simple. No multiple attacks, nothing. It's insufficient for my plans.

But well.

AI will be possible, I will sooner or later put it in like with the creatures. and you may order them around then.

My (far) dreams are that there will be also distance relevant... including jutsus who have ranges...
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 16 queries.