Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I have to admit I am a little upset  (Read 4307 times)

shishisama

I have to admit I am a little upset
« on: September 11, 2007, 08:22:26 PM »

:evil:

I have been playing, off and on for a couple of months now. And it seems as soon as I hit level 10, my luck went from bad to worse.  Supposedly a rare event destroyed my weapon, then another lost my armor, and then a third lost my ring.  Now for a rare event that seems pretty unlikely to happen in one RL day. Not to mention losing my entire bank to a vending machine failure that cost me over 6k.  Now even slumming, I lose once or twice a game day and went from 12k xp to 5k xp in a matter of days.  This seems to be just one big downward spiral of disaster and don't believe the game was designed for this type of gaming.

I have really been a big advocate of the game and enjoy it very much. But if this is a computer coding problem or something beyond my own destruction.  I would hope some one could help me rectify the problem.  I have read others take on the problem and it was just to start again. I don't think that should be the only solution.

Could somone give me a hand with this, I'd appreciate it.

Doug

Ps. I did petition 3 days ago and haven't heard anything.

ryushi

Re: I have to admit I am a little upset
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 09:00:32 PM »

Everyone has bad probability days. I'd advise to no slum. 12k isn't that mmuch at all really. Join a clan and use their cityhuse. And if you're a weaker player it is harder to deal with random events. Just go with it and you'll see something good. No problem in the coding it's just how probability works.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 10:42:34 PM »

*notes that this player mailed to him personally and debated the issue*

On my behalf, all is set.

Peeping Toms have hardships to endure  :twisted:
Never judge a cow by its udder.

shishisama

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 11:44:03 PM »

*notes that this player mailed to him personally and debated the issue*

I appologize Neji I am unshure of what you mean.  I have never received any mail in inbox or spam capture. And I have personaly never spoken to anyone at SL.

Again, please excuse me if I am misinterpreting you.

Doug

Shinigami99

• Hahahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • Wounds of The Heart
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 10:36:36 AM »

You've just had a severe case of bad luck. I don't think coding problems could cause such bad luck...
Especially to just one person.

sushigewd2.0

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 01:17:19 PM »

I got the Hinata Event at level 10 too..... I had no idea what happened xD

shishisama

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 04:41:42 PM »

It still seems to be on a dopwnward spiral I can't break. I can't seem to complete 3 slumming fights without dieing and I am now under 5k xp and in debt to the bank about 1.4k LOL!

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 06:57:06 PM »

Again, please excuse me if I am misinterpreting you.

Then it might be my fault.

as names here and ingame might differ, the day before your post some player spoke in about that attitude and tone to me about exactly the same thing =)

I jumped to conclusions.

To give the same answer: this is calculated, and you should now work harder =)
Never judge a cow by its udder.

shishisama

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 02:51:28 PM »

Work Harder !?!?

I am sorry, this has been going on for days now.  I have tried begging, but being constantly killed by other players drain any donations I accumalate.   I can't seem to win more than a few slumm fights which usually drains more gold in healing than netting me any money.  Which hurts, considering I still can not buy any better armor than the lowest equipment and I owe the bank over 2K now! I still am heading backwards in XP.

If anyone has any ideas that maybe I am missing to get out of this hole pls let me know.  I am sure the game isn't designed to continue to beat down someone and not let them come back up. "this is calculated, and you should now work harder =)"  Or maybe it is.   It would be ashame.

Xaos

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • Alpha Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 03:05:54 PM »

It's random dude, the game doesn't hate you or anything, it's random.

Look around, gets buffs + extra health where you can (won't say where) and don't slum till end.

Pay attention to your health and use jutsus when you have to. Buy a mount if you can.

shishisama

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 07:03:00 PM »

ok!  Now I am downto 3.4K xp.  Hey Neji, when I get to 0xp will you admit that the game has a flaw.  I mean when you are knocked that far down it is very improbable to pull yourself back up.

ryushi

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 09:20:53 PM »

ok!  Now I am downto 3.4K xp.  Hey Neji, when I get to 0xp will you admit that the game has a flaw.  I mean when you are knocked that far down it is very improbable to pull yourself back up.

The game doesn't have a flaw
I remember when I was a acad/genin I was getting killed all the time and died alot but I knew there wasn't a flaw in the game. Just don't do till end, get a mount (they help tremendously) and get good equipment.

klaymank

• RUN PAC MAN RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 11:09:24 PM »

I've been playing for a while and I finally made it to Hunter Nin. So the game is not flawed it's all about how you take care of your character.
I'm like the Doctor. I'm always bouncing around time and space.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 12:27:28 AM »

I have a Academy Student alternate character.
He has reached 0 exp so many times but I got him out of it, you just gotta explored the game and learn form your own mistakes.
We are not at fault for what you do, the game is not flawed, everything is random.
You may have good luck,but at other times it's bad luck so it's up to you to endure and persevere this.
If you wanna to gain exp try PvP but I won't tell you what you need to do in order to win a PvP you just have to use your brain and discover from your mistakes.

shishisama

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 01:13:24 AM »

Ok maybe I am being misunderstood I am not saying the whole game is flawed.  I am saying that to lose all equipment and all cash within two days hinders growth. I can't seem to win any fights or progress with a weapon of Needles and Long Tabi armor at level 10. 

Everyones helpful hints are to get better equipment or to buy a mount.  Every game day between my own actions and player kills I am losing about 20% of my xp.  I am not gaining in any funds to BUY anything other than what I have. If someone could send me a message in game and tell me what I am missing or what I am doing wrong I'd love to hear it. 

It is very defeating to lose for an entire week straight or more losing everything you worked 3 months almost to get.  And the answer I am getting from game moderators is, " It is designed that way and I shouldn't have messed up". Sorry a slap on the wrist is fine. Slitting my throat, burning my body, pissing on my ashes, and laughing afterwards is starting to REALLY UPSET ME.

Look I am sorry for sounding like a complaining snot. But I am trying everything I can to stop the progress of this downward spiral.  And I am just trying to explain. It seems very difficult to stop the ball from rolling down hill and crushing me. It should be easier to stop and claw my way back.  To give a suggestion maybe loans from bank should go up with level to make it easier to replace broken equipment. That way we can still pull ourselves out of the hole and pay bank back.  Just my thought!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 01:19:52 AM by shishisama »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 16 queries.