Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: New Classification  (Read 10395 times)

Samantha

New Classification
« on: September 20, 2007, 04:45:42 AM »

I would like to elaborate on the idea of having a new classification in Shinobi Legends.  Instead of having Neji form a new village, why not save him the time of doing that but instead add a new classification: Missing Nin.  It would not be a new village or even a custom village, but an actually classification; the only downside to it is that we technically have a society of missing nin already (for those that have played the game enough, you already know. I won't spoil it for any new members to the game and forum). The good part or should I say the interesting part of a missing nin society/classification is that you would have no safe haven in any of the villages. When deciding to be a missing nin you have officially made yourself among the, "Most Wanted" in every place you visit. To be honest you have no friends, no alliances, even your fellow missing nins might kill you so they could go from being number 5 on the Most Wanted List to number 4.
Simply put when the choices come to decide your home village the options would be: Fire, Water, Wind, Sound, and No Home.  When deciding the option, "No Home" you are a Missing Nin. Know though by deciding this you are officially on the Most Wanted List, where ever you go. It makes no difference if you are of good or bad alignment.
For those that decide they want to try being a Missing Nin once and then decide its not for them and go back to Fire, Water, Wind, or Rice after a DK. It won't be that easy, there are two options to take: First upon deciding to be a missing nin and then trying to going back to regular status nin, your name will still be on the Most Wanted List. Which means people will still be after you, the only way to get your name off the list is for you to do enough good deeds to lower your name till it is offically off the list, so a village would be willing to let you enter without trying to kill you. The second option is once you have decided Missing Nin, you have to finish 10+ DKs before trying to make a place your home village. By finishing your 10 DKs a shinobi can decide their home village with no penalty unlike the first option (simply put you did 10 DKs, so you if you decide to be a Water Village shinobi you can and your name is offically off the Most Wanted List or World Bingo Book). Personally, I think the first option would be the only viable option since it would be rather hard to ensure a coding that would count a person's 10 DKs but Neji and Baluski would know far more about that than I would.
In the Hall of Fame, there could be an area classified World Bingo Book that would have the top missing nins.  Before anyone asks the usual power questions,"What do you get when you decide to be a Missing Nin? There has to be something extra you get because you have everyone chasing you?" The foundation and idea of it is the most important thing right now. The effects can be discussed upon getting a nod of the idea.

New Edit:
Now a quick benefit to being a missing nin, you are automatically on the World Bingo Book in the Hall of Fame (Classifying you as being dangerous and wanted in all villages.  Start to make a name for yourself, picture it as a way to put your face on the Mount Rushmore of Shinobi Legends). A quick disadvantage, no matter what village you go visit you are on their Most Wanted List, meaning you have everyone after your head.  In addition, the ANBU (Yes, the good or evil Anbu) will attack you so there's no safe haven in any of the main villages.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 04:53:26 AM by Shikamaru »

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: New Classification
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 05:04:54 AM »

How will Missing-Nins LV up on a daily basis?
Will they have to use their Village's master they defected from?
Not a bad idea btw but it's still needs some questioning.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 05:09:03 AM by KamuiKachi »

Eureka7

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 05:07:37 AM »

Now that sounds cool.  A new classification sounds like a excellent idea. You spent some time to come up with this one. So to make sure I'm getting this, there would be no new villages added at all but just the choice of having 'no home' as a choice for your home village. Very good Shikamaru! I have to ask will there be an extra buff for the selection of choosing 'No Home' and making yourself a missing nin?  I mean I love the idea completely, I even like the World Bingo Book, it reminds me of the America's Most Wanted.  To take down one of the top missing nins in the World Bingo Book would have to have some kind of reward right?  This is getting good!  :D

Samantha

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 05:22:25 AM »

How will Missing-Nins LV up on a daily basis?
Will they have to use their Village's master they defected from?
Not a bad idea btw but it's still needs some questioning.

As expected an excellent question, Kamui.
In an effort to make things harder, a missing-nins master would be random.  In other words, level 1 might be in Fire Village, level 2 could be Water Village, the overall premise is that the missing nin is going to end up walking into a different village to hopefully find a master that will fight him so he/she can level up.  It would be so sad for a missing nin to fight in Rice Field Village and get the required experience and the Rice Field master doesn't fight him/her meaning they have to decide on rather to travel to either Fire, Water, or Wind to find the correct master for that level.  :(
So little travels, so many levels and masters  :twisted:

0MontKa

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 05:33:13 AM »

i think that that would be a lil hard to do >.>

Eureka7

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 06:01:30 AM »

i think that that would be a lil hard to do >.>

I think that is the idea of it. The daimyos are looking for a challenge, to be a missing nin shouldn't be a cakewalk and Neji would love the idea of making it tougher for the elite.  The elite will step up to challenges, because they are the elite. The best part about it is that it isn't limited to evil or good. It makes alot of sense since in the anime the current hokage left the village before she was elected, but was still considered good. So there can be a such thing as missing nin that are good or evil.

Jin

• The Rai Ryuu is ready for everything...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 07:03:14 AM »

I like the idea, and it sounds pretty good to search for the sensei in all the countries, that would make the game a lot better, and to fight against an entire village also sounds good, Shikamaru you are a genius.  ^^

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 07:46:25 AM »

What are the requirements to be a missing nin?

So what happens is that we are going on a journey training under teachers from different countries for different levels.
Not difficult for most Daimyos considering most have a large amount of turns. *cough*not me*cough*
What exactly is the downfall?
We get attacked by ninjas whenever entering a new country?
Why not make it that ANYONE can attack you too. But if it's for daimyos, it doesn't matter that much.

So there are two ways to rid missing-nin status.
Doing good deeds.
I'm evil. I don't do good. I do evil. So I'm guessing the 'good deeds' are what we do to increase towards a good alignment.
But then we're given that second option to do 10+ dks.
Once completing the required dk, we get to return to a country?
Rice is evil, so wouldn't we want to do evil deeds to return to Rice?

The description seems more rpish than actually playing a game. We just become infamous. Big names in the Bingo Book.
If not, please come up with some benefits that I may actually use.

When choosing a village, we get a buff. Does being a missing-nin have it's own kind of buff?
This replaces 'race', right?

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 10:05:31 AM »

First, I am basically not against it...
but I have to ask for more text structure... =) as I need to compute this into my tiny brain somehow :D

Like a list or a topic header in bold...telling *what is the gist*

->Levelling random in every country
->visiting a village will have a 50% chance to be engaged by ANBU forces
->secret missing nin hideout at blabla

The gist is: Akatsuki serves currently that purpose, with has no restrictions within villages... therefore it has other disadvantages. =)
Never judge a cow by its udder.

sushigewd2.0

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 01:17:45 PM »

when you say classification, would it go in your bio?

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 01:23:41 PM »

So what exactly are the benefits of this besides being in that hall of fame?

Samantha

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 12:38:50 AM »

Okay,
  I'll be more specific in the structure.

Requirements to be a Missing Nin
  A.   Acquire at least 300 DKs.
  B.   Admittance to secret hideout (if the hideout is in the Hidden Stone Village). If it happens to
        be in Water Country (that would make it available to all with 300 DKs).

Secret Hideout to the Missing Nin
  A.  The obvious choice is Water Country (Zabuza, Haku, along with the other missing nin of water
        village). 
  B.   However, a great case can be made for the Hidden Stone Village. There is by far more room
        in the Hidden Stone Village for a hideout.  As well as making the Missing Nin society a bit
       more exclusive because of one having to gain entry to the Hidden Stone Village.

Effects of being a missing nin
  A.   An extra travel
  B.   Damage Modifier: 1.1
  C.    Defense Modifier: With a floor(minimum) of 300 DKs;  at 300 DKs the defense bonus will be
        at its highest (1.0). After passing 300 DKs your defense would diminish according to your
        dragonkill numbers. 

Advantages and Disadvantages of Being a Missing Nin
  A.   Placement on the World Bingo Book in the Hall of Fame.
  B.   Missing Nin and PVPs: Missing Nins have the ability to attack Anbu and above. Leaving their
        options a lot more open then before (call it the gift of seniority and a reward for continuing
        to get DKs. Granted none of them will get much points or anything for killing a Anbu.)
  C.   Leveling is completely random, meaning you will have to search from the 4 villages for the
        right master that will fight you, so you can level up. It’s quite possible that you might luck out
        and the Water Village Master might fight you at level 5 and 6 (I wouldn’t hold my breath for
        that type of luck). In addition there is a 60% chance of running into the ANBU when
        entering any village. The likelihood of running into particular events like the Gorgon, The
        Sphinx, and even Lonestrider are increased.
  D.   10 DK reward: By staying a missing nin for 10 DKs you would receive your payment. Payment
        rewards would be random from: very small amount of gems, gold, items (which could include
        items like a balloon, food, a scroll, jerky, water balloon, etc…) For those that are wrapped up
        into learning a certain technique that still hasn’t been done by anyone. In constrast to the
        Akatsuki there’s no time wasted on going after particular people to get a soul and forge a
        gem. You could randomly get a couple of gems or acquire a item that would be helpful in
        learning a technique. *Remember* That your reward is random, therefore you could walk out
        with gems, a item that will help you learning the rasengan, or you could walk out with
        nothing but gold. Iit's like a lottery ticket it could really pay off or be worthless to you.

ryushi

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 01:27:33 AM »

wow I really like it, even tough I don't even have 100 dks :P

Take down the rasengan thing, not out of the rewards but out of the description, I think it might be a spoiler but not sure. I think it should be in the stone country.

sushigewd2.0

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 02:21:06 AM »

i dont like the 300+ why not just Grands?

Abysss

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 02:36:39 AM »

how about only daimyos? >_>
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.