Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: Stats - Strength/Dexterity/Wisdom/Intelligence/Constitution  (Read 76542 times)

Shigeo

Re: Stats - Strength/Dexterity/Wisdom/Intelligence/Constitution
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2007, 10:29:08 PM »

I know I like it. Yay for extra chakra....:3

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2007, 01:32:30 AM »

Just my random thoughts and some repeats...

This will give players who 'messed up' their spent dks a chance to put them where they like, but a good way to use your dks is questionable because the system is new, so you could still 'mess up'. I'd like a trial and then set a date for a final dk redistribution.

If the new system doesn't work well then I think a record of everyone's dk spread before the new system should be kept?

Using a character with 1000 dks, the att/def comparison between the old and new system is huge.
Old system with 1000 dks split evenly into att/def with no buffs and no weapons and at level 1 is 501 attack and 501 defense.
Wisdom gives most overall att/def in the new system, so having all 1000 dks in wisdom with no buffs and no weapons and at level 1 and all stats with the added default 10 points gives 169 attack and 252 defense. So the difference in att/def is 1002 - 421 = 581. I think that is a huge difference, so my assumption is speed must play a huge role to fill the gap. There is also the question of whether attack is better than defense, but I will treat attack and defense equally.

If I was given 3 points per dk then my attack and defense is slightly higher than what they are now, which is why I suggested 2 or 3 points per dk because I am unsure as to what degree speed affects the battle system.
But people could use the 2 or 3 points for turns and have too many?
The monsters will have to change in some way?

Using Gyu (8 dks) as an example for sitters, she will have double the att/def of Konoho (1000+ dks), but Gyu's speed (especially if Konoho has a lot of dexterity) and hp (especially since hp stacking is more difficullt now) is serverely lower than Konoho's.
Whether Gyu could kill Konoho with the new system is higher unless speed plays a large role.

Events involving temporary att/def could be changed to give these base stats (or just add new events) allowing sitters a chance to grow in speed and wisdom and the att/def increase is lowered?
Baluski could offer 2 strength for 5 hp and 2 constitution for 5 hp, but that would increase attack and defense and not speed.

What is better? 12 dks into intelligence for 1 chakra point or 12 dks for 12 turns?
This could be analyzed by considering a certain jutsu, ability, shop, and resurrection as it affects turns, but not chakra.
Intelligence also increases speed, defense, and attack unlike turns.
The difficulty of flawless fights have increased due to multiple enemies and jutsu using enemies, so turns are easier to lose.

Wisdom seems to be a must have as it governs use of items.
Most sitters will lack wisdom (since most of them are lower than hunter nin), so most items are useless to them?
Unless the previously mentioned kind of events are put in.

What governs damage? I thought it was attack, and strength increases attack the most, but only attack, therefore strength loses its usefullness because other stats will increase attack, defense, and speed at the same time. Unless Neji plans on using strength to calculate damage, but then what use is attack?

Same thing applies to constitution as for strength.

Dexterity's usefullness depends on speed's usefullness since dexterity affects speed the most.

Also to mention future monster updates (AI and back up) and mount change (they are weaker)...

Sorry because this post is long?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 01:42:39 AM by Mihazi »

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2007, 01:48:58 AM »

You raise great points.

I'm not sure if it would even be possible (much less whether or not it is convenient) but just as there is temp att / def stats that do NOT carry over after a DK, would it be possible to force squatters to redistribute their DK points -AND- redistribute their temp att & def as temporary additions to the other stats?

This would have to distinguish between perm points (from DKs) and temp points (from events/items).

Also, to maximize this, those events, items and possibly future events would have to be reconfigured to give points into those stats instead of the att / def that is currently set up.  Also, I think ideally each of the 5 new stats would have a slightly different requirement from Baluski and the other even that currently gives just attack could give a point into a random category.

Anyway, I think the above would add more work.  Since this will be there from the beginning, it will probably work great at LoB.  At SL, howver, there are other concerns.

ryushi

« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2007, 03:24:52 AM »

@Neji: I was talking about Attack and defense not the new stats
There should be a beta, if you haven't all ready, for the new stats distributing

doomstar

« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2007, 05:53:47 AM »

... maybe remove the turns and health thingy for each dks and make strength affect hp?

and have dexterity and maybe some other stats affect turns?

garuga

« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2007, 11:33:56 AM »

i kinda like it now...im thinking of making my character more like an Assasin from the game ragnarok....I mostly would put atk,some to defense....and also a large amount on the thing that raises dodge... :D

ryushi

« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2007, 12:44:30 PM »

Don't know what Ragnarok is.....
I want to have lots of speed and high strength

HyugaAyumi

« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2007, 03:31:49 PM »

before u read my post, plz know that i didn't read all the previous post carefuly, so if i repeat same statement or saying offensive words, plz forgive me !
first: i wanna talk about speed
we know that "attack" will increase your damage, and "defence" will decrease the damage u get, what is "speed" ? is it the ability to evade attacks ?? does it have any special effect? or is it just part of "attack" and "defence", by having extra speed, u'll have extra attack & def according to the equations ??? this part confused me :?:

second: about inteligence and wisdom
i know "inteligence" and "wisdom" have different meaning, i know the reason neji create this new feature (to make this game more complicated) but why don't we just put inteligence and wisdom as one criteria. This will be easier for all of us. to be honest, neji, your idea of seperating inteligence and wisdom sounds silly to me  :P , lets think about wisdom in SL, do u realy have to use your wisdom to kill multiples enemy in the forest, do u realy have to use your wisdom in order to kill someone in pvp ??? INTELIGENCE is all that matters

Shigeo

« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2007, 04:23:21 PM »

Ayumi, Wisdom will affect what items you can use. Think about it: what good is a vast array of projectiles if you don't know how to use them properly?

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2007, 05:18:22 PM »

Speed: Think about it in relation to the current battle system, how many times you can attack in one turn.
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

HyugaAyumi

« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2007, 05:51:15 PM »

to baluski: hm ... now i get it  :D   sounds interesting !  BRILIANT work !

to konoho: when the new system is implemented, i can see yourself being killed by those sitter HAHAHA, i can also see that players with lots of permanent hp will gain a lot of advantage in PVP, since the new system will decrease Attack and Def significantly.

to shigeo: hm .... what if i say, " shigeo, inteligence will affect what items you can use. Think about it: what good is a vast array of projectiles if you don't know how to use them properly?"
i mean, why should we have inteligence and wisdom, while inteligence can cover both "inteligence&wisdom". Having only one of them, will make life easier.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 06:17:18 PM by HyugaAyumi »

Darkwind

« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2007, 07:51:45 PM »

New system sounds great, makes it more like Moria (text game for the youngin's in the group).  Wisdom and intelligence as too different things.  You can be intelligent like Sakura or wise like Gyu Sensei.  Or more commonly understood as book smarts (intelligence) versus common sense (wisdom).

This will make it harder for some people to dominate over others.  If one can attack ten times in a turn versus a squatter that has one attack and is slow thus giving lack of probability of hit, then squatters might lose their edge.

I would like to see this system sooner rather than later, my only concern would be how are the NPC characters going to change.  Would be unfair to radically change our att/def and leave theirs alone.

Just my two cents   :evil:

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2007, 09:18:13 PM »

to konoho: when the new system is implemented, i can see yourself being killed by those sitter HAHAHA, i can also see that players with lots of permanent hp will gain a lot of advantage in PVP, since the new system will decrease Attack and Def significantly.

If people think the new system makes players that much weaker, I have no problem with letting Gyu try and kill me if she is confident enough. We will find out that way?  ;)

I'd like to see the damage calculation and other calculations that speed may affect, but that is doubtful.

At what rank is it considered for one to be wise enough to use all items?
I'd rather not play a guessing game with items to see if I am wise enough to use them, but that is this game's custom.

behrle

« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2007, 09:36:12 PM »

all i know about these new stats......way to confuseing for me @.@

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2007, 09:36:23 PM »

500+ Wisdom to use a Health Elixer 6. :P
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 16 queries.