Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Ninja Teams  (Read 1807 times)

kirasu

Ninja Teams
« on: January 07, 2008, 02:08:09 AM »

This idea is loosely based on the mercinary nins thing.

Rather than buy them temporarily, when you become a jounin you should get the choice to have a team or not. As a Jounin you can take on three genin level partners. If you do choose there definately needs to be some fallbacks, maybe something like enemies having doubled stats or something?

also, as you increase in Oro kills you can get different teams, as an ANBU captain you could get one or two ANBU's and as Kage, you could get three partners, one ANBU, one Jounin, and one Genin or Chuunin.

When you get another oro kill, you get a new team. I'm just putting this idea out there, maybe we can alter it to a point where neji will consider it. If anyone likes it lets get some idea's flowing. we'll need a list of advantages and disadvantages and reasons why it will be useful, otherwise I'm sure neji wouldn't even think about it.

SoniaFourth

Re: Ninja Teams
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 02:14:24 AM »

This idea is loosely based on the mercinary nins thing.

Rather than buy them temporarily, when you become a jounin you should get the choice to have a team or not. As a Jounin you can take on three genin level partners. If you do choose there definately needs to be some fallbacks, maybe something like enemies having doubled stats or something?

also, as you increase in Oro kills you can get different teams, as an ANBU captain you could get one or two ANBU's and as Kage, you could get three partners, one ANBU, one Jounin, and one Genin or Chuunin.

When you get another oro kill, you get a new team. I'm just putting this idea out there, maybe we can alter it to a point where neji will consider it. If anyone likes it lets get some idea's flowing. we'll need a list of advantages and disadvantages and reasons why it will be useful, otherwise I'm sure neji wouldn't even think about it.

Basically, the ANBU captain would be pulling the other ANBUs up, the Kage everyone under, and the jounin the genins.

I think the game is good enough without this.

kirasu

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 02:18:20 AM »

I never said that the game needed this, i just think it makes it able to make your characters more interactive, you can choose what your fate is, kind of. Rather than just being a jounin you can get a job, so to say, rather than just do nothing special and continue killing. I'm just trying to get a bit more realism here. most jounin in the manga/anime have students with them almost always, so lets take that into effect here.

SoniaFourth

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 02:24:31 AM »

I never said that the game needed this, i just think it makes it able to make your characters more interactive, you can choose what your fate is, kind of. Rather than just being a jounin you can get a job, so to say, rather than just do nothing special and continue killing. I'm just trying to get a bit more realism here. most jounin in the manga/anime have students with them almost always, so lets take that into effect here.

In the manga/anime, Orochimaru isn't repeatively killed, there aren't this many hokage's, mizukage's, kazekage's, and no otokage's at all. Also, in the manga and anime, SST doesn't exist, Kyuubi isn't inside a majority of people, and there are no such things as master or grand hokage's. Why would a Jounin want a job of training Genins in this game? All it would do is hold the jounin back, and give the genin a extra boost up.

kirasu

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 03:46:37 AM »

alright, i get it, you're against it, anyone else?

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 05:57:30 AM »

Don't make a thread with an unfinished idea. You provided us with absolutely nothing besides, "I want a more interactive gameplay! Something more then just leveling over & over again!"

How does one form a team? What effects does teaming up have on gameplay?

By the way, I don't think Oliver would approve such a scale of interaction between players. That is why he remove the money & gems transfer to other players function from the bank.

My adoption idea was rejected because of the gameplay interaction between parent & child. Other ideas like married couple sharing items or paying for a dwelling together are also rejected. That is why I don't really see any hope of this getting approved.

Last but not least, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,1395.0.html
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,452.0.html
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,2115.0.html

sushigewd2.0

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 12:36:04 AM »

well, what about making a team but with the students being like the mount system.

you can get a buff for a certain amount of rounds, but after that runs out they become a liability and become a negative buff slowing you down more and more.

kirasu

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 12:58:22 AM »

well, what about making a team but with the students being like the mount system.

you can get a buff for a certain amount of rounds, but after that runs out they become a liability and become a negative buff slowing you down more and more.

That is what I ment, but more like the mercinaries from Konoha, they each have their own health and abilities, although a mount-like idea would work too.

also, I used the seach and found nothing like this, I seen stuff like requests for specific things, but this is too general to be noticed in those posts, most people would just brush over it.

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 01:48:44 AM »

Or since it's a role playing system, you role play that you have a team instead. That's the purpose of this site. Create the world and enjoy it. >>;

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 10:27:00 AM »

you can currently buy 2 nins.

IF now there are NO more bug reports about disappearing guys, then I will put more buyable into game.

but only then.

Then you can make your team if you like.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 19 queries.