Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

The question all RPers know well what do you prefer speed or power?

Speed
- 9 (64.3%)
Power
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Speed or Power?  (Read 1462 times)

Mioku

• View Profile
Speed or Power?
« on: June 01, 2008, 05:50:59 AM »

Im more of a speed person myself over brute strength not only in game but real life as well

Shigeo

Re: Speed or Power?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 06:01:03 AM »

Speed. What good is raw power if you can't hit your opponent?

Though, some of my techniques are designed with agile targets in mind...>>

sounga

• View Profile
    • Sky king
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 06:20:32 AM »

Speed thats how i fight, and it's helpful in Tae Kwan Do, and Aikido tournments. And REALLY helpful in kendo.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 06:21:08 AM by sounga »

doomstar

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 06:22:08 AM »

well depends.

real life, speed.

games power.

mostly because in real life I'm not built for power >.>

Makoto

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 08:16:21 AM »

Speed. I like going fast while maintaining control.

You don't need power to knock someone off his feet; I've done it. And I'm rather flimsy.

Sasuke X

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 08:55:09 AM »

Well in real life speed + power are better when your fast and strong. If your just plain fast but really weak, it wont hurt that much. You'll also mess up eventually with all those punches and depending on your body structure and the strength of the other person and where they hit it would be all over with one hit >_> Where if your really strong and slow you'll have trouble hitting a fast person .-. Really depends if you think speed counts as how fast you hit, dodge, run, or how fast your reflexes are <_<

In games though i like power better. Speed doesn't really do much in most games i've played except like kingdom hearts II where mickey was like so fast and had such long combos that even though he wasn't as strong as sora he was godly 0_o But that kinda proves my other points cause he's not compeltely weak <_< And anti form was just super fast and weak..

garuga

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 10:58:16 AM »

speed rules.but if combined with power,it will be pwnsome

Makoto

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 04:28:21 PM »

Well in real life speed + power are better when your fast and strong. If your just plain fast but really weak, it wont hurt that much.
Not necessarily true. I've knocked an 1.150 pound horse off his front end and have dragged the same, albeit slightly more 'terrified', horse back down to earth from a full-blown rear.
And, I've managed to take down my brother, who just so happens to be just under six feet and around 160-180 (I really don't know, he's very shy) pounds of muscle against my five feet and 110 pounds of non-muscle-non-flab.
If you get speed right, you don't need to be strong to get your point across. I find strong to be bland anyway.

garuga

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 09:43:11 AM »

well,in real life,i only dream of having such speed XD.but i can use speed well.I once fought with this dude,a couple inches taller than me.He kept punching me(but i couldne feel anything >.>) but he delt it with more power.Me on the other hand,used more speed than him so i was able to evade some of his punches.You can really say that speed is better than power if you had same experiences :\

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 10:40:58 AM »

It all comes down to how you train your muscles. Depending on what you do, you can come out with strong bulky muscle or lean enduranced muscle. And how your body structure is, will completely effect the outcome of overall strength and speed. You be surprised to see the 'big' guy be faster than the 'little' guy.

thecrazyanbu

• happy place
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 03:12:57 AM »

speed.
shikkifujjin 
i refuse to spread it

i shall merely start it and continue on till i am bored
Hiro
"Your mom" jokes are like viruses. They die, but when they sense the right moment occurs, they come back to life and infect people.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.