Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Specialty Resets  (Read 3819 times)

Albedo

New Specialty Resets
« on: October 21, 2008, 08:52:45 AM »

Some thing came to me rather oddly the other day when I was thinking on how and why 8 gate’s was thrown in rather oddly with KG’s when it is not a blood based trait at all. So I came up with this little proposal to make a secondary KG based system where you can get not KG’s but specialty jutsu sets.

So this is what I propose we remove the 8 gates from the KG list and form a new sub set event around the more learned and taught jutsus instead of the overly powerful KG’s that you are born with.

The List would be as follows:

Hachimon (8 Gates)
Aburame Ichizoku - kikai mushi (Aburame Clan Bugs)
Akimichi Ichizoku - Baika no Jutsu (Akimichi Body manipulation)
Nara Ichizoku - Kagemane no Jutsu (Shikamaru Shadow manipulation)
Kugutsu no Jutsu (Puppet Jutsus)
Gouwan no Jutsu (Tsunade/Sakura super human strength)
Hiraishin no Jutsu (4th Hokage’s Flying Thunder God Technique)

To name a few

Now I leave the details of the different jutsu sets I have proposed for a public discussion among people that can make jutsus balanced and not to overly powerful as to be in the class of KG’s

Now how you gain these will be a matter of some debate as well, maybe in the case of Hiraishin maybe you will need a kunai + something + a recipe to create the kunai and the jutsu can only be activated once learned if you have these kunai’s in your inventory? (I know Neji hates the LoGD item code but its what I thought was best)

This may be where you need to create a new village at least in a event sence the current place where the KG’s lay would be over loaded.

And now onto how you gain these new jutsu >.> I leave that open to debate also as I think it should still be reset based but on what scale I have no idea.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 08:53:58 AM by Albedo »

IceSlayer

Re: New Specialty Resets
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 08:58:42 AM »

Yeah I think that it is weird to, and I was thinking of you know advanced/clan jutsus.
Reset could work or maybe something like another thing like these <<
I think it should be more to pay though if you learn a clan jutsu
Like each player can learn only one of these Jutsus
Also if you learn one of these, it is the only specailty you can get, no Genjutsu or Hyouton etc...
Jutsu my thoughts
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 09:01:06 AM by IceSlayer »

Albedo

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 09:02:41 AM »

Yeah I think that it is weird to, and I was thinking of you know advanced/clan jutsus.
Reset could work or maybe something like another thing like these <<
I think it should be more to pay though if you learn a clan jutsu
Like each player can learn only one of these Jutsus
Also if you learn one of these, it is the only specailty you can get, no Genjutsu or Saiton etc...
Jutsu my thoughts

So making the new Specialty reset your fixed basic ninjutsu preference? how will that work with the uchiha KG then?

I was thinking a training based reset where you have to spend turns learning each individual move in the jutsu set after spending a steep amount of dosh.

IceSlayer

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 09:05:32 AM »

So making the new Specialty reset your fixed basic ninjutsu preference? how will that work with the uchiha KG then?

I was thinking a training based reset where you have to spend turns learning each individual move in the jutsu set after spending a steep amount of dosh.

Well i guess with other resets and that you's still have those jutsus, just not the regular ones, also a training thing might work...

Albedo

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 09:08:50 AM »

Well i guess with other resets and that you's still have those jutsus, just not the regular ones, also a training thing might work...

I was thinking on that and maybe a fixed price in gold and gems starting out for each tech you want to learn, the more advanced the more expensive and after you pay the piper you can then train using your turns.

this way only Masters and Grands can afford to pay to get the best moves and devote the most time, this is in my mind how the jutsu system should be remade in SL it mimics Naruto more truly in the seance you have to learn and train and not get handed new moves as presents.

IceSlayer

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 09:10:30 AM »

I was thinking on that and maybe a fixed price in gold and gems starting out for each tech you want to learn, the more advanced the more expensive and after you pay the piper you can then train using your turns.

this way only Masters and Grands can afford to pay to get the best moves and devote the most time, this is in my mind how the jutsu system should be remade in SL it mimics Naruto more truly in the seance you have to learn and train and not get handed new moves as presents.

*Laughs* You try coding that, then you'll see why it is not like that

Albedo

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 09:13:47 AM »

*Laughs* You try coding that, then you'll see why it is not like that

No thank you code and I have a long long long history with each other of conflicts and well its like a Japanese man trying to speak to a Dutchman >.>

Any who the way I have laid out would make it so you could pic and chose what jutsus you could learn and since we left cannon after people where walking around with 899 pakkuns I think it could be interesting to see the combos people could come up with.

IceSlayer

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 09:16:16 AM »

Well what you have said is possible I once was planing to make something like it, but it is hard to do.
But I like that Idea, it is pretty sweet, and would completely change the way we play.

Albedo

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 09:17:55 AM »

Well what you have said is possible I once was planing to make something like it, but it is hard to do.
But I like that Idea, it is pretty sweet, and would completely change the way we play.

Indeed and once we could get it coded we could play with pros and cons of learning Jutsu's like some may effect your stats - or + in different ways

IceSlayer

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 09:19:37 AM »

*Sighs* Neji would say no, he could never do something that big at the moment...
it would involve a database to store the buffs in, a Jutsu editor and argh!

Albedo

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 09:21:58 AM »

*Sighs* Neji would say no, he could never do something that big at the moment...

Indeed well time to wait and see what the others think. *Hands Neji 1000$ (>^.^)>$*

IceSlayer

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 09:25:31 AM »

Indeed well time to wait and see what the others think. *Hands Neji 1000$ (>^.^)>$*

You just insured it's failure...

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 10:32:18 AM »

Well.

I have explained many times why I have one system, and why I consider Hachimon a Kekkei Genkai.

To be short:

All abilities powerful enough to drastically alter yourself or the way you fight are considered Kekkei Genkai.

Tell me:

How would a bug user be able to learn Hachimon?
First, I am pretty sure (as Shino does not move really fast) all bugs would get squished when he runs with super-speed =)
Both are no KG, so you can have both. Or? Oo
Wait, let's make a Sharingan / Hachimon / Chouji guy...
I am super quick, super big (Baika) and by the way I can blast you away as my Sharingan channels hachimon....

There is no time for that.

<---that's the one hand.

The other is simply that I try to make it that people CANNOT get any special ability and build up monster chars.
I do not like to have 2 systems that basically do the same.
It is hard to balance stuff as it is ... hence the KG categories.

I could limit you to 1. If you want another, you die and there is no further reset...

If you are for a "jutsu learning system" - that is a different story and would replace the current jutsus.
The current system already expects that every level you grow in proficiency, but if you want to train instead and not get auto-levelups on the specialty - =) great idea, hrhr
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 03:49:34 PM »

We already have hachimon though...

anyways:

Hachimon (8 Gates)
Aburame Ichizoku - kikai mushi (Aburame Clan Bugs)
Akimichi Ichizoku - Baika no Jutsu (Akimichi Body manipulation)
Nara Ichizoku - Kagemane no Jutsu (Shikamaru Shadow manipulation)
Kugutsu no Jutsu (Puppet Jutsus)
Gouwan no Jutsu (Tsunade/Sakura super human strength)
Hiraishin no Jutsu (4th Hokage’s Flying Thunder God Technique)

^
||

none of those are even considered kekkei genkai's but merely speciaties, so what would be the point on getting them?

And like ice said, it's WAAAAY to much to handle, just sounds like a power hungry person to me...

In any case, puppet users alone would be very complex to handle:

Example:

-figure out how puppets will be distributed
-puppet attacks
-puppet specialties
-pupppet turns

and so forth...

And a new village?

Come on man, get real.

This is WAAY to much and is certainly going to over work everyone, if you wanted this done it would take years upon years.

Not only that but a new server as well for the new village and specialties to kick in without lagging...

And why not just one instead of all?

No one can learn all of these...just too...god-mod....

In other words i disagree with this plan 100%

Kisame

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 08:26:10 PM »

it looks like this was a failure of an idea
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 20 queries.