Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: One Piece?  (Read 5628 times)

emoney

• nana
    • View Profile
Re: One Piece?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 09:29:29 PM »

I am reading now.  Up to 15.  I still do not like the character design, and I am not blown away with anything that has happened so far.  I do not find the story to be all that compelling, at least at this point.

yeah like i said the first 100 chapters are not that interesting and yeah the charecters look kinda wierd, but the show and manga doesn't get good untill later on, its the same as every manga. they cant just be nobodys and turn into awesome people in 15 chapters. same as naruto, naruto didn't get good until later on. the first few episodes and chapters are just intros into the anime. wait until you get to the sky island episodes on one piece. the episodes on sky island and forward are freaking nice. one piece is a high quality show so the picture is really nice and crisp
Academy Student emoney is a Shoku Council to Code of Shoku (Clan)
Title: Kage
Level: 8
Resurrections: 2
Race: Sound
Specialty: Hyouton Ninjutsu
Creature: Pakkun
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Forehead Protector Size: 17
Kabuto Kills: 38
Player Kills: 242
Orochimaru Kills: 40

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 10:40:34 PM »

Well, I will try to stick with it, but the character design is starting to wear me thin.  Also, far too little character development (for my tastes) so far.

With all I have going on (and especially being in the middle of The Big Sit), I am not sure how much time I can devote to this right now.

PyroPrinny

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 10:46:25 PM »

OP has amazing character development later on. And the good thing is that a lot of the characters look unique. I dunno, maybe it's just preferences but I think OP looks the best of the Big Three.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 10:46:49 PM by PyroPrinny »

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 11:37:27 PM »

I agree that it is preference, but I hated DBs character design, and I do not like OPs either.  (I am not comparing them, except that I do not like both).

Kisame

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2009, 11:47:07 PM »

Ok, ok One Piece just owns Naruto and Bleach to the max, the current one piece anime and manga have me waiting every week for more as i cannot get enough of their awesome plot. Also don't even bother watching the 4kids trash they call one piece as previously stated in this thread >.> they cut out the laboon arc so later on how will that explain brook's back past?

And the enies lobby arc... so so good...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 11:49:26 PM by Kisame »

emoney

• nana
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 10:37:11 AM »

Ok, ok One Piece just owns Naruto and Bleach to the max, the current one piece anime and manga have me waiting every week for more as i cannot get enough of their awesome plot. Also don't even bother watching the 4kids trash they call one piece as previously stated in this thread >.> they cut out the laboon arc so later on how will that explain brook's back past?

Yeah I agree the enies lobby and water 7 and sky island arc were and are amazingly amazing!!!!!

Fork

• C-A-T
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2009, 04:05:34 PM »

I can't get past the duck, the reindeer, and the big tree on the boat

Kisame

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2009, 04:12:30 PM »

Yeah I agree the enies lobby and water 7 and sky island arc were and are amazingly amazing!!!!!

Yeah but I cannot wait for Whitebeard vs The world goverment, that is gonna be really amazing...

emoney

• nana
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2009, 07:42:53 PM »

Well, I will try to stick with it, but the character design is starting to wear me thin.  Also, far too little character development (for my tastes) so far.

With all I have going on (and especially being in the middle of The Big Sit), I am not sure how much time I can devote to this right now.

look start watching from episode 229 which is the water 7 arc, thats were all the really good stuff starts to happen. like any other anime, the show is 100X better then the manga so don't judge a anime by its cover(on the book ^.^)

hell yeah i know what  you mean!!!

Yeah but I cannot wait for Whitebeard vs The world goverment, that is gonna be really amazing...

me neither that shit is going to be awesome!!! im waiting to see if shanks will apear. and im betting that after this luffys bounty will most likely double to $500,000,000 or $600,000,000!!!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 08:37:17 PM by emoney »

PyroPrinny

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2009, 10:19:21 PM »

look start watching from episode 229 which is the water 7 arc, thats were all the really good stuff starts to happen. like any other anime, the show is 100X better then the manga so don't judge a anime by its cover(on the book ^.^)

You just lost all credibility.

IceSlayer

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2009, 12:21:27 AM »

I second that, Manga > Anime. Only thing Anime is good for is the fight scenes.

sushigewd2.0

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2009, 02:42:48 AM »

Im really looking forward to Luffy meeting Dragon...

IceSlayer

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2009, 02:43:46 AM »

I wanna know more about Dragon, he seems awesome.

emoney

• nana
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2009, 10:38:53 AM »

I second that, Manga > Anime. Only thing Anime is good for is the fight scenes.

Well the whole enies lobby is a fight scene so it's better to watch that then read a fight
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 09:34:20 PM by emoney »

IceSlayer

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2009, 11:47:00 AM »

Learn to quote properly lol That is confusing
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 22 queries.