Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Bounty System  (Read 3837 times)

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
New Bounty System
« on: May 05, 2009, 02:24:37 AM »

The current bounty hunting doesn't draw much interest from the players. That's why I thought of something new.

1) Only player who are Jounin (or ANBU to make the requirement higher) can place a bounty on someone's head.

2) The fee will be 3 gems (5, or even 10 if a higher price is prefered) for placing a bounty on someone's head.

3) The bounty will start at 1000 gold and steadily rises with each passing month. If no bounty hunter is able to claim the bounty within a month, it will increase by another 1000 gold.

4) Players who have a bounty on their head will have a wanted message in their bio. That way, bounty hunters can check if a player has a bounty on their head or not by viewing their bio before attacking them. Wanted message,

`4Wanted! `@Reward: `^1000 Gold`0

5) Anyone with a bounty of over 10,000 gold will have their names displayed in every country. (that would mean surviving being hunted for over 9 months. Halloween is when those bounties will most likely be claimed)

6) There will also be a ranking in the Hall of Fame. Not of the players with the highest bounty on his or her head, but for the players who has claimed the most bounties (in gold).

7) Players who has claimed 50,000 gold (or 100,000 gold to make it harder) or more bounties will recieve a custom rank `2B`@ounty `2H`@un`2t`@e`2r`0 (Bounty Hunter) as well as title. To put it simple, something like the Big Bad Meanie.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Re: New Bounty System
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 05:39:56 AM »

I personally, Really like this new system.

Though, as I was reading, I kept thinking of ideas to make it better, but you covered them as I read along, heh.

All the same, it's fine, except one thing that catches my attention is the:

2) The fee will be 3 gems (5, or even 10 if a higher price is prefered) for placing a bounty on someone's head.
and
5) Anyone with a bounty of over 10,000 gold will have their names displayed in every country.

Firstly, for #2, I don't think that would attract even more attention, who wants to put gems up just to have someone killed?
I just don't see how that would attract people.

And secondly, for #5, If several bounties cannot be claimed after 10,000 gold (let us say about 15 people, mostly sitters or very high ranked), then what would become of the page of the village?

Perhaps randomized loadings during each page refresh.

Like, how people in a village state the time, people can say (IE):

'Hey, did you hear? ___________ is still on the loose with a bounty of ____________!!'
With the overheard statement, you feel as though you should think about this bounty...

Or some better form of that, even so, perhaps those who are wanted get some type of (!) by their name in the PvP field or in the dwellings?
Or some type of thing in their bio stating their bounty and such.

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 06:29:03 AM »

Firstly, for #2, I don't think that would attract even more attention, who wants to put gems up just to have someone killed?
I just don't see how that would attract people.

I agree that many will be reluctant to put up gems to set a bounty.

And secondly, for #5, If several bounties cannot be claimed after 10,000 gold (let us say about 15 people, mostly sitters or very high ranked), then what would become of the page of the village?

I think what she means here is this:  when you go to the "Slay Other Players" area (whatever it is called) - you would see all those that logged out in that country -AND- those with a bounty of more than 10,000 on their head, regardless of where they logged out.  The way all players were visible in all countries this past Halloween.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA:  I really like the new system, but from my perspective, the gem cost would cause fewer people to set bounties, not more.

What does it cost to set bounties now?  Having never done it, I have no idea.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 02:23:55 PM by atomkai »

IceSlayer

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 09:12:07 AM »

Yeah, I like the idea as well

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 03:11:33 PM »

@RaifudoMakashi regarding #2,

3 gems isn't that large of an amount really. You can easily get more than that amount per gameday if you work hard enough. To me, it's a reasonable price and even kindda cheap actually.

There is a reason why I use gems instead of gold. First of all, gold is too cheap. And if the fee to put up a bounty is too high, the reward wouldn't make sense. 3000 gold for a 1000 gold bounty?

Secondly, using gems as a fee to put up a bounty should put off most of them abuser who are thinking of putting a bounty on someone easy to kill as a way to pass gold to a low level. As well as new players who put a bounty on just about anyone for not being nice to them.

Lastly, it makes placing a bounty on someone's head much more serious. Who the hell would waste 3 gems (or more) on some random person.

@RaifudoMakashi regarding #5,

I like your idea ^_^

@atomkai

People will always vote for the cheaper option, but once it's up, they will still use it. Those who doesn't have any gems to spare can always ask someone else (clan leader, big brother, high level friend) to put a bounty up for them. Thus it actually allow players to strengthen their bond with other players. The beauty of friendship! *clutches her trembling fist as sparkles of tears fall out from the edge of her eyes and the flame of friendship burns brilliantly in the background*

=p

And kai, RaifudoMakashi was right about the name display thingy. I did suggest displaying all the names of the most wanted bounties on each village's main page. His idea totally fixed the problem about having a long list of names in the village main page =)

What you said would be a pain in the rear to code and might cost much load on the server. The system will have to check with the bounty module everytime someone logs out, to see if they are in the 10,000+ bounty category =/

@IceSlayer

Mind trying to code it? =D

@everyone

Any of you guys have a better arguement about the fee for putting up a bounty? Anything besides, "hey, player might not want to put up a bounty because of the enormous cost of 3 gems!" >A<

A certain shop alone gives you 3 gems for a few hundred gold if you are lucky =/ Plus there are tons of events in the forest which basically give out gems for free! Well, if 3 gems is that expensive, it can always be lowered to 1 gem. But seriously guys, is 3 gems really that much? >o<;;
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 03:16:06 PM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 03:26:15 PM »

@RaifudoMakashi regarding #5,

I like your idea ^_^

Thank you :D

Any of you guys have a better arguement about the fee for putting up a bounty? Anything besides, "hey, player might not want to put up a bounty because of the enormous cost of 3 gems!" >A<

A certain shop alone gives you 3 gems for a few hundred gold if you are lucky =/ Plus there are tons of events in the forest which basically give out gems for free! Well, if 3 gems is that expensive, it can always be lowered to 1 gem. But seriously guys, is 3 gems really that much? >o<;;

Well, I myself have no problem with gem count, having roughly 1550, I don't have any use for them...
But, I suppose you're right.
In all honestly, to hire people as a mercenary, assassin, and so forth would virtually cost thousands or hundred thousands (Insert economy name here).
So, I suppose the gem system would play out.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 03:28:07 PM by RaifudoMakashi »

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 11:11:49 PM »

@atomkai

People will always vote for the cheaper option, but once it's up, they will still use it. Those who doesn't have any gems to spare can always ask someone else (clan leader, big brother, high level friend) to put a bounty up for them. Thus it actually allow players to strengthen their bond with other players. The beauty of friendship! *clutches her trembling fist as sparkles of tears fall out from the edge of her eyes and the flame of friendship burns brilliantly in the background*

=p

And kai, RaifudoMakashi was right about the name display thingy. I did suggest displaying all the names of the most wanted bounties on each village's main page. His idea totally fixed the problem about having a long list of names in the village main page =)

What you said would be a pain in the rear to code and might cost much load on the server. The system will have to check with the bounty module everytime someone logs out, to see if they are in the 10,000+ bounty category =/

I voted for the 'cheaper' option because unlike most on here, I do not feel that I get a large quantity of gems each day.  It seems to me that there are more ways to lose them, and fewer ways to gain them.  I would rather it cost 100,000 gold (yes, 5 zeroes) than one single gem.  But, that is just me - I am poor on gems.

Good point about player cooperation in setting bounties though.

I just never seek out bounties.  Sure, I have collected before, but only by 'accident' - it did not serve any motivation. 

I like the idea, but I guess I am just too lazy for this.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 12:37:01 AM by atomkai »

IceSlayer

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 11:44:17 PM »

The cost could be based on the person the bounty is being set on, I mean a Grand Hokage will be much harder to kill than some Acad, therefore the cost should be higher.
@IceSlayer

Mind trying to code it? =D

I could, though I am meant to be doing something else right now.

thecrazyanbu

• happy place
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 01:29:39 AM »

maybe there could be the option of either setting a bounty with gold or gems.
shikkifujjin 
i refuse to spread it

i shall merely start it and continue on till i am bored
Hiro
"Your mom" jokes are like viruses. They die, but when they sense the right moment occurs, they come back to life and infect people.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 12:19:25 PM »

Who would put gems if gold is an option? If you can buy health potion with gold, would you still pay with gems?

IceSlayer

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 12:20:24 PM »

That's exactly what I thought, maybe gold and Gems, but not just Gold.

Jin

• The Rai Ryuu is ready for everything...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 02:47:18 PM »

I think that the 3 gems is an ok price, Gyu is right, is easy to find gems, so wasting 3 gems to set a bounty  isn't a big deal, at least is what I think.  :)
But if people still wants gold, then I would suggest 1000 gold and 2 gems.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 03:01:18 PM »

Why not just make it more gold than that and 1 less gem?
5,000 - 10,000 [Varying on your level (every 3 levels is 1,000 gold.)] and 2 gems.
That way, it goes in conjunction with a system where it balances out a players' expenses.
Nonetheless, like everyone is stating, 3 gems is very simple to obtain, so I still vote for 3 gems.

SuperSeal

• When life hands me lemons I make beef stew. XD
    • View Profile
    • The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 04:32:24 PM »

Why not just make it more gold than that and 1 less gem?
5,000 - 10,000 [Varying on your level (every 3 levels is 1,000 gold.)] and 2 gems.
That way, it goes in conjunction with a system where it balances out a players' expenses.

So your telling me if someone is lvl 300 its gonna cost me 300,000 gold and 100 gems to place a bounty?

SuperSeal For President!

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 05:11:13 PM »

Max level is 15...
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 16 queries.