Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: A Plea (regarding ambushes)  (Read 1648 times)

atomkai

• View Profile
A Plea (regarding ambushes)
« on: October 20, 2009, 10:37:43 PM »

I'll be as brief as I can be, even at the expense of clarity . . .

To my knowledge, the reason for PKs being separated into Wins and Losses was to track judgment - if you attack someone too high consistently, your ratio or Wins to Loses suffers.

Wins and Losses are NOT incremented when someone attacks (or ambushes) you.  So it representing your judgment still seems an appropriate explanation.

Now - on these "days that rain blood" - on occasion, when attacking someone sleeping in the fields, you are ambushed by a most difficult character.  I have no idea their stats, but I have attacked and beaten people with 250 more DKs than me, and I cannot come close on these ambush characters.

I don't mind losing all gold.  I don't mind having to torment to resurrect.  I don't mind losing exp.

What I DO mind is that it reflects poorly on my judgment when I feel it shouldn't.

I often attack people way too high - and before going in, I recognize that I will likely lose and take the ratio hit for it.  I accept that.  I have attacked Daiymos with a Chuunin because I wanted to see how close I was.

On Monday, one of my ambushes came when I attacked Neji - because I wanted to see exactly how tough he was (the MotD warned us).  So, I was prepared for a lose, but not to an ambush character.

Summation:  When ambushed in PvPs by the 'Helloween' characters, they should either (a) NOT count against our PvP stats -OR- (b) all victories and defeats, whether the character initiated them -OR- was attacked when logged out should be counted as Wins and Losses.

Please excuse spelling errors - I am not in my 'right mind' right now.

Hyuugan

• View Profile
Re: A Plea (regarding ambushes)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 11:23:59 PM »

One simple solution to your dilemma would be to simply not pk during the duration of this event.

andddd.. Yes it does reflect poor judgment because you know the terms to the event, yet choose to participate despite the risk of being "ambushed".

I see no point in seeing why one would negate the results of this ambush. Considering it is your choice to attack a person and take the risk of being attacked by these special halloween creatures. :)

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 04:34:35 AM »

Boo to you!

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 01:19:27 PM »

:twisted: they are intended as pranks, halloween is a bad pvp time if you like the stats. as you can attack all (and you realized that) you should fear possible consequences.

(you knew them from lasty year anyway) =)
Never judge a cow by its udder.

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 10:20:10 PM »

Yes, I remembered them from last year, and file a similar request then as well.

Yes, "everyone" now available to me, but only one mattered to me:  YOU (Neji).

Despite your impossible stats, I wanted to test my luck against them.  So, I attacked you twice, both times being ambushed instead by halloween pranks.

It wasn't as if I was attacking a level 1 acad . . .

Anyway, the petition has been answered, and while I don't necessarily like the response, I understand its reason.

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 19 queries.