Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Zone Rules (again)  (Read 1507 times)

beliaal

Zone Rules (again)
« on: October 27, 2009, 01:20:30 AM »

I was thinking (in a, probably, missguided manner :)) that zone ratings, ranks, etc. could be done. Mainly through public invitational battles.
Rating only public invitational battles would limit the nuber of battles actually needing to be reviewed (due to the fee included) and it would show a clear intent on that you want this battle judged. Plus, would limits the time frame to areasonable one, so battles wouldn't take eons to finish. Unless specificaly noted so.

Ratings would, of course, be [W] as in win, [D] as in draw, [L] as in loss and [G] as in god mod.
(The multitude of colours absolutely is not neccesary, here to ease viewing. Oh and, I nicked those from Battlegroundz, hope Gyu doesnt mind :D)
Thing is, this would require a staffmember to review the new battles (of course, not necessarily right away) and assign points. Plus a little (not a coder, so I don't actually know it's little :D) modification to the public profile. Also, it would require a small set of guidelines to be made which would ease the players into a ranked zone battle, telling them how not to god mod :D

For instance:

During your "turn" you should be able to move at any time (alter position, dodge etc.), make one action (such as a supplemetary jutsu, one part of a combination jutsu, draw a weapon etc.) and one attack (using the drawn weapon, jutsu or sheer willpower). Taking these actions happens at any time during your "turn" in no specific order.

or

KG can be rolplayed in zone battles only if one has earned them through being reborn. All other occurances will b considered god moding.

Ok, maybe not written as strictly as this but, but I think this paints a fair picture of the idea. (I mostly deal with boardgame design:D). Of course, didn't think them through yet, plus they probably would be open to public debate.
There might not even be a need for them leaving any and all the rankng decisions to the staffmember in charge.

Ranks are... not actually something I payed much attention to during my devising the idea. Plus, they are not a necessity. Could work some out though.

In any case, how does this sound so far?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 02:17:10 AM by beliaal »

Nagi

Re: Zone Rules (again)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 10:56:02 PM »

Lame. =]

beliaal

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 04:58:46 PM »

Constructive as always.

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 12:17:48 AM »

I could revise the rules to include some of your suggestions, but I don't think we will have any formal ratings or anything like that. A lot of people just zone fight for fun. If you find someone breaking your "rules" or the general implied "rules" that one should follow, then just leave the fight. You don't have to fight them.

beliaal

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 02:46:38 AM »

Well, zoning for fun would be untouched, obviously.

Only the public invitational battles would be judged with lite guidelines that would ensure some basis for the fairness of those battles.

Thing is, as of late (since my reactivation), I've seen a number of people with the W-D-L stats in their bios, so I guessed it to obviously be popular. This would make it official :)

I have an outline for basic guidelines in regards to justus, chakra use, special abilities, jinchuuriki RP etc., all connected to your SL character development.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 01:55:09 PM by beliaal »

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 10:07:05 PM »

It would take way to much time for the mods to check it and decide if there was god moding of any sort or not...so far the wiki does not even mention roleplaying sharingan without having it or fighting way above your rank(pvp extent if sitter)And i guess it wont in the near future...so before we come with the idea of actual zone ranks we should atleast have more unwritten zone rules written.

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 16 queries.