Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Clan Specialty  (Read 1916 times)

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Clan Specialty
« on: December 03, 2009, 03:14:58 PM »

Race Restriction: Leaf Ninja
Rank Restriction: Genin (3 Oro kills)
Here's the catch: You cannot switch races unless you give up your clan specialty.
Here's the 2nd catch: Switching to another race or clan specialty can only be done with a reset (reborn). You will lose all your Kabuto/Orochimaru/Player kills, as well as your extra maxHP/gold/gems/mount.
Here's the last catch: You cannot choose a clan specialty if you already have Kekkei Genkai. Getting a kekkei Genkai would mean loosing your clan specialty.
Why bother with this when we already have KG: It doesn't require multiple resets to master a clan specialty. And you unlock it much ealier in the game. Something to play with until you get Kekkei Genkai.
Note: I am also thinking of a "switch Clan Specialty without reset" for 1000 Donation Points. You still can't switch your race thou. Because I've other stuff planned for other races =)

List of clans
Aburame
Jutsu that involve attacking with bugs. This I can easily code.

Akimichi
Jutsu that increase their attack/defense or does incredible damage with just one hit. This I can easily code.

Inuzuka
Well, Kiba doesn't depend on Akamaru for all his attacks. So I was thinking maybe as an Inuzuka, you have several attacks, especially the powerful ones, which require you to have a dog type mount (Akamaru, Kuromaru, Pakkun). I think it should be something similar to Shishi Rendan (which requires Kage Buyo).

Nara
Jutsu that involve attacking or binding enemies with shadow. This I can easily code.

Yamanaka
Jutsu that allows you to take control of the enemy? I don't see how this can be done on SL.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 04:35:48 PM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Ryukage Darkrasengan

Re: Clan Specialty
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 01:40:24 AM »

Possibly for the yamanaka, you could stop them from attacking you?

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 06:39:35 AM »

The Yamanaka does not bind the enemy, they take over the enemy's body. From my experience of coding for Neji, I've a deeper understanding of the game's current mechanics than most people. Maybe I will figure out a way to at least make it looks as if your jutsu is making the enemy attack its allies (or itself when it's a single encounter).

Ryukage Darkrasengan

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 03:56:46 AM »

Sounds reasonable.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 11:47:38 AM »

"Turning" an opponent is quite messy.

That's because there is a (stupid) strict restriction that is:

player   <--------------> enemies

it's not the same basic class, hence i.e. enemies cannot just "use jutsus" but have own jutsu sets (that require the same or even more coding).

As the balancing is quite hard even without (testing that locally) the new KGs coming up, I cannot include just another "buff only" thing besides the KG.

As there is no "max-oro-kill-cap" it's difficult to balance it all up to - say - 1k kills...

I thought about making achievments, like "killed orochimaru flawlessy 50 times" or so ... that would help giving things a scale.
then I could make inhuman bosses like Pein - though it's then not (like in other games) about skill and using the right things, but more about blunt numbers - having xyz KG and putting out enough damage.

Never judge a cow by its udder.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 16 queries.