Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sand Ninja Specialty  (Read 7982 times)

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Sand Ninja Specialty
« on: December 03, 2009, 04:02:00 PM »

Race Restriction: Sand Ninja
Rank Restriction: Genin (3 Oro kills)
Same catch as before: You may not switch your race. If you do, you will no longer be able to use Suna Ninjutsu or Kugutsu no Jutsu. You will also lose your mount if you happen to have a puppet as a mount!
Why be a sand: Either you love Gaara or puppets.
Cool thing about Kugutsu no Jutsu: You get a different set of skills with different puppets.

Suna Ninjutsu
Yes, you will no longer be able to select Suna ninjutsu unless you are a Sand Ninja. The good news is, you will not require to have 6 Oro kills and 16 Constitution to unlock Suna ninjutsu.

Kugutsu no Jutsu
Jutsu which require the player to have a puppet as a mount to use. Different Puppet gives you different list of Jutsu. Yes, you will have to buy them like mounts. No, you may not own Karasu, Kuroari, and Sanshōuo at the same time; or perform Karasu + Kuroari combo killer move.

List of Puppets
Karasu (Crow)
Known for having tons of hidden weapons, which are what its attacks will be. I can code this if I can code the specialty for Inuzuka.

Kuroari (Black Ant)
Attacks that binds and damages your opponent slowly. I can code this if I can code the specialty for Inuzuka.

Sanshōuo (Salamander)
It's only good for 1 thing, defense. I can code this if I can code the specialty for Inuzuka.

Hiruko
I am sure all of you guys know what this guy can do. I can code this if I can code the specialty for Inuzuka.

Haha, Chichi (Mother and Father)
Good for both attack & defense. I can code this if I can code the specialty for Inuzuka.

Sandaime Kazekage (Third Kazekage)
You are going to want this more than Kyuubi, and you can bet that it's going to be rare as well as expensive. This guy have insane offense ability. I can code this if I can code the specialty for Inuzuka.

Jukki Chikamatsu no Shū (Ten Puppet Collection of Chikamatsu)
This is going to be rare & expensive like Kyuubi. They cover everything; offense, defense, even support, with their 10 different commands (jutsu). I can code this if I can code the specialty for Inuzuka.

Hyakki no Sōen (Performance of a Hundred Puppets)
Overkill, will not be available.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 04:35:09 PM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Re: Sand Ninja Specialty
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 11:55:01 AM »

The puppets seem too strong.
Is this so there are more sand ninjas? Aha?

Kyuubi is stronger than what Neji would like, so anything stronger would be overkill.
Hmmm, but if it is weak then it is useless and won't affect gameplay.
Meh.

It is always fun to play with new specialties, but it also creates balancing issues.

But it is a nice alternative to reborns.

This does not apply to reborns since they can't use it right?

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 12:00:08 PM »

1) There is no way that the puppet's buff will be higher than Kyuubi.

2) The jutsu will not be stronger than the current specialties either.

3) I don't really see why reborn cannot use puppets if they are sand nins. You wouldn't get any stronger than you are now.

The feature only offers more variety of specialties to choose from, not more power. The players have enough power as it is.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 12:02:18 PM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Mihazi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 07:57:26 AM »

But you said, "Here's the last catch: You cannot choose a clan specialty if you already have Kekkei Genkai. Getting a kekkei Genkai would mean loosing your clan specialty."
Or does that only apply to leaf?

I don't know how Seven Swordsmen of the Mist would work with Hyuuga, Kaguya, and Lotus considering they use 'Fists'.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 08:00:07 AM by Mihazi »

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 04:24:53 PM »

Please read the topic carefully before posting. Your post has nothing to do with this topic.

SuperSeal

• When life hands me lemons I make beef stew. XD
    • View Profile
    • The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 04:04:57 AM »

Well a person be able to buy more that one puppet(up to 3) like Kankurou or will that potential reborn character be restricted to 1 puppet?

SuperSeal For President!

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 06:31:26 AM »

Yes, you will have to buy them like mounts. No, you may not own Karasu, Kuroari, and Sanshōuo at the same time; or perform Karasu + Kuroari combo killer move.
To answer your question directly, you can only have 1 puppet. Haha, Chichi (Mother and Father) and Jukki Chikamatsu no Shū (Ten Puppet Collection of Chikamatsu) are exceptions. They will however, function as a single mount.

Mihazi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 04:10:02 PM »

Please read the topic carefully before posting. Your post has nothing to do with this topic.

The second question didn't have anything to do with this particular topic, but the first one still applies to all these race specialties and the second question was a related question to my first question.

So

But you said, "Here's the last catch: You cannot choose a clan specialty if you already have Kekkei Genkai. Getting a kekkei Genkai would mean loosing your clan specialty."
Or does that only apply to leaf?

I'm really not sure if you can get race specialties with KG since you said that in the other thread.

But in this thread you said, "3) I don't really see why reborn cannot use puppets if they are sand nins. You wouldn't get any stronger than you are now."

You're confusing me.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 01:29:42 AM »

Why do you quote something that is not on this topic and post it here? I stated clearly that if you already have KG then you cannot get CLAN specialties. That has nothing to do with puppets.

If you are confused about what clan specialties are, they are jutsu that are only taught to members of their clans. For example Inuzuka (dogs), Akimichi (increase physical mass), Aburame (bugs), Nara (shadow), Yamanaka (mind control). and that's it.

Puppetry is NOT a clan specialty.

Mihazi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 04:53:30 PM »

All of these new specialties are related because I consider them more like RACE specialties rather than CLAN specialties. The thread titled CLAN specialties could also be titled LEAF NINJA specialties.

So you're saying if I have Uchiha KG and I am a leaf ninja then I can't get a clan specialty, but if I am an Uchiha and I am a sand ninja then I could use puppets.
That seems unbalanced.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 01:11:08 AM »

Solution: Players with KG cannot select "race" specialties.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 01:06:50 PM by Gyu~ru~ru »

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 01:10:53 PM »

The idea of "race" specialties is basically to let players experience more difference when selecting a race (village). More than just +1 to certain stats.

Mihazi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 10:07:33 PM »

I'll take it back, what I said about being unbalanced.
If puppets are used basically the same way as the current mounts are then, as you said, they won't make you stronger than you would using a normal mount.

Basically want I wanted to know was if you could use this along side KG.
It does seem weird that you couldn't with clan specialties, but I don't care if you can or can't.
I just wanted to know my options.

I would also like to know if you could choose not to use race specialties?

So are you going to open up a puppet shop in Sunagakure and have Sasori run it?
Or will there be a new category, puppets, added to the beast shop?
And instead of feeding your mount you repair your puppet?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 10:09:46 PM by Mihazi »

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 12:03:07 PM »

I personally do not see why you can't use KG along with puppets. It would be like having both KG and Rasengan. It doesn't make you any stronger, just more attacks to choose from. The puppets wouldn't be any stronger than the current mounts either. And you can't have both a mount and a puppet.

As for my reason for why can't you have clan specialties if you already have KG; technically there is nothing wrong, just more jutsu to choose from when attacking. But those who have KG are usually from a clan of its own (Uchiha, Hyuuga, Kaguya). You can't be both Uchiha and Nara right? Like when you pointed out that Hyuuga & Kaguya are no swordsmen since they use their fists. However, this is only a game & I am not 100% against the idea of having both KG & clan specialty.

Yes, you can choose to not have clan specialties. Just like who you can choose not to get the curse seal, learn rasengan, or get a KG.

Yes, a puppet shop. But the old lady who gave her life to save Gaara will be running it =p

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 05:22:23 PM »

I know that changing villages will lose your "race" specialities but is there a way to remove them w/o changing villages? Like is there an option to remove it?
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 16 queries.