Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sage Mode  (Read 4175 times)

HollowAizen

• View Profile
Sage Mode
« on: May 28, 2010, 01:35:31 AM »

Sage mode is were the user draws in natural chakra, here is the URL to the Narutopedia:http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Sage_Mode
It is about as good as any KG
Everything that happens is in responce to my will

TheSandDemon

Re: Sage Mode
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 07:04:05 PM »

Before you post something as important as Sage Mode, do more research on it and explain how it will be used in the game. Also, search for the evil form of Sage Mode. There are two different Modes to my knowing, one of them are evil and the other is good. Sage Mode is for the good guys, and Serpent Mode if for the bad guys. Maybe we could do something like the KG or the Rasengan for the Modes where we either have to train really really hard to get it or we have to get 80 oro kills and reset in order to get it. There are just a few suggestions to move the idea along.  ;)

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 07:31:00 AM »

Interestingly, in the list of modules there is listed Specialty System - toad.
What is it exactly? I don't know.

HollowAizen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 02:13:57 AM »

I don't know :?:
To gain sge mode in the anime and the manga naruto went to the toad moutain and trained with the frog elders.

HollowAizen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 02:52:23 AM »

Advantages The user's physical strength, speed, stamina, and durability drastically increases.
The user's ninjutsu, genjutsu, and taijutsu become very powerful.
The user can harness the natural energy surrounding them, turning it into an extension of their body, and increasing the reach of their attacks.
The user gains the ability to sense chakra around them.
The user does not feel as much pain, and recovers faster from physical damage.
[edit] Weaknesses If the user draws in too much natural energy in the attempt to initiate Sage Mode, they run the risk of transforming into a toad, then into stone.
In order to gather enough natural energy to initiate the transformation into Sage Mode, the user must remain perfectly still. Because of that, the user can be an easy target for an opponent.
Because the user needs to move during combat, the Sage chakra cannot be replenished, which means the user can't stay within this state for extended periods of time.
The two weaknesses mentioned above can be bypassed through the Sage Art: Amphibian Technique, where one Sage gathers chakra for another or as in Naruto's case, shadow clones can be used for the same purpose.
After Sage Mode has ended, the user appears to experience exhaustion.

Killjoy

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 07:32:22 AM »

Sage mode should be hard to get.......like if you get say 130 creap kills you can get an event where an old man asks if you want to go to a......place and if you say yes you get taken to the mountian and you get a map which means you can go there agian and if you try to train in the oil there is a 40% chance you die or you geeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttt sage mode incomplete form  :cry: :-? :o :eek: :) :-x 8) :cool: :evil:

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 03:31:20 AM »

Maybe advantages (I don't know percentages and stuff):
  • Chakra doubles (like CS)
  • Medium-Large attack and defense buff
  • Recover a small percentage of health per round until Sage Mode ends (kind of like having a Katsuya :D)
  • Lasts for 17 rounds

Disadvantages
  • When you initially activate it, you cannot attack for 1 round
  • If you try to activate it more than once per game day, you lose maybe... 2-5 permanent health points?
  • After Sage mode ends, you get a small negative buff in both attack and defense for maybe... 20 rounds

I didn't really think it through that well, but I just threw some ideas out there. xD

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 03:33:19 AM by Omega Purple »

HollowAizen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 04:49:56 AM »

Maybe advantages (I don't know percentages and stuff):
  • Chakra doubles (like CS)
  • Medium-Large attack and defense buff
  • Recover a small percentage of health per round until Sage Mode ends (kind of like having a Katsuya :D)
  • Lasts for 17 rounds

Disadvantages
  • When you initially activate it, you cannot attack for 1 round
  • If you try to activate it more than once per game day, you lose maybe... 2-5 permanent health points?
  • After Sage mode ends, you get a small negative buff in both attack and defense for maybe... 20 rounds

I didn't really think it through that well, but I just threw some ideas out there. xD

I like all this.
But there need to be a few more changes.
 I think that after gaining a few oro kills with this you can start to unlock Sage tecniques.
Also after a while you can sommon the toads. To help you in battle. Sort of like a temporary mount. This could become a topic in itself.

cmage

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 08:37:12 AM »

I come back from my SUUUUUUUUPEEEEEEEEEER long hiatus. My first though, HollowAizen please stop making requests on every little thing you see. Thank you.

This message brought to you by, Mizukage Cmage, reinventing Kirigakure since 2006. Now available by demand.

Edit: i've been gone for 6 months, then another break dating back since April and still have more posts than Purple xD
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 08:39:03 AM by cmage »
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

HollowAizen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 08:57:40 AM »

I come back from my SUUUUUUUUPEEEEEEEEEER long hiatus. My first though, HollowAizen please stop making requests on every little thing you see. Thank you.

This message brought to you by, Mizukage Cmage, reinventing Kirigakure since 2006. Now available by demand.

Edit: i've been gone for 6 months, then another break dating back since April and still have more posts than Purple xD
I haven't made requests on every little thing I see!!! :oops:
If I had  my posts would cover this page xD :twisted:

Killjoy

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 09:29:22 AM »

PEOPLE please stop being negative and stay on topic instead of bosting :smt076 sage mode if you look in the manga or anime it geos through two stages with the oil and without. It should have some extra ablites as well. :smt070

HollowAizen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 01:26:26 PM »

Well know we decied whether or not to ask Neji about this. Yes.

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 01:11:36 AM »

lol@Cmage. Yeah, I have tiny bursts of posting before falling off the face of the earth. That, and I also kind of disappeared after I got a gf. >_> BUT ANYWAYYYYS

Maybe if you were to summon the toads, initially you could only summon the tiny ones, and the way they function is kind of like a mount, but they have their own health bar, do their own set amount of damage, and also allows the user to use 1 unique technique depending on the frog (like Senpou • Goemon [Hermit Art • Boiling Oil] and Gamayu Endan [Toad Oil Fireball]).

I'm trying to think of a way to implement them that would be fun, but also not too intricate to the point where it'd be super difficult to code.

Ranketsu Lily

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 01:23:12 AM »

Not really informed I am, but I am just jumping in with a suggestion:

You know how if you beat you-know-who without getting touched, you get extra gold?

Well, this could work the same way, generally.

Summon Mama/Papa toad (10 chakra), and then there would be a separate button that is "Sage Mode" and when clicking it, you have to go untouched for 2-5 rounds to truly activate it. (Riposte and dodging attacks don't count as getting hit -- only the direct loss of HP via an attack). If you get hit, Sage Mode fails. If you don't get hit, Sage Mode succeeds!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:23:34 AM by ranketsu »

HollowAizen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 01:39:14 AM »

The Ma\Pa toad are high level soummons. Jraiya needed them because he wasn't skilled with Sage Mode to do it by himself.
The origanal idea was that you don't attack for 1 turn to activate Sage Mode.
Also on the idea of soummoing you can use the origanal mount system. It'l just be temporary.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 20 queries.