Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: A use for Kabuto kills  (Read 2640 times)

ProtoKyuubi

A use for Kabuto kills
« on: August 31, 2010, 03:45:02 PM »

After a certain number of Kabuto kills, if you manage to bring him to 1 HP you can attempt to capture him and if you manage to, (10% chance?) he surrenders offering to teach you a powerful art for his freedom. you have two choices.

Turn Kabuto in to authorities - You take the now tied up Kabuto back through the forest and in to town, you reach the prison facility and a tall figure behind a long mahogany desk. "Ah! You've managed to catch Kabuto! A shame we couldn't find him... But anyway, you came for the bounty, correct?" The prison warden fumbles through the coffers and hands you a slip of paper with a signature pre-written upon it, you curl your fist around it and place it in your pouch. "Take it to the bank, they will supply to you the bounty." (effect: when you go to the bank you can turn it in for 35 gems and 10,000 gold. your good also increases.)

Learn technique from Kabuto - You carefully untie him and he stands up then, as promised, he takes you deep in to the forest and you begin intensive training with him... after several hours you leave the forest having learned a new technique though allowing darkness to return to the forest... (effect: you return to town with increased evil and a new technique in whichever jutsu you're currently in that costs 5 chakra to use, is available irrelevant to chakra affinity until reborn and usable at level 1.)

Opinions?

sharakkar

• View Profile
Re: A use for Kabuto kills
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 09:50:50 PM »

I think there should be more to this event. After all once you capture him no matter what option you pick your getting something good. Maybe with the first option of taking him in, you would still get the bounty note, but when you take it to the bank they believe it to be a forgery and you don't get any gems or gold for it and they call the guards to attack you for trying to commit fraud. And the second option maybe there could be a chance that when you release Kabuto and he takes you deep into the forest he attacks you and kills you automatically for trusting him :evil:

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 12:35:30 AM »

Just seems like another plan for people to get more power and gold/gems.
I see no point for it really.

sharakkar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 01:26:14 AM »

It is and the ammount of gems received is also too excessive, but I do like it and support it because it adds an extra dimension to a pretty stagnant part of the game.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 03:44:51 AM »

You don't have to add an extra dimension to every single little aspect of the game.
Kabuto it's self is an extra add on to a base LoGD, just an extra Bad Guy to work for a Dragon, so in fact he is an Extra Dimension to the Dragon AKA Oro.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 12:16:47 AM »

I don't see why you need to upgrade Kabuto -- he already offers gold and experience for his defeat.

It's optional to kill him, so, why should it matter?

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 12:39:29 AM »

Yeah exactly, he is just a side quest with rewards offered.
If we did power up everything, then every event would offer tons of gold and gems, and the game wouldn't be a challenge.
It's best to leave things like this as they are.

ProtoKyuubi

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 05:28:28 PM »

kabuto gives so little and it's extremely hard to get him to 1 hp so it'd take forever to get. i just want a reason other than numbers to fight him ><

Jinsei

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 05:36:21 PM »

I don't see why you need to upgrade Kabuto -- he already offers gold and experience for his defeat.

It's optional to kill him, so, why should it matter?

It is optional, if you don't have an urge kill him, or if you don't think it is worth it (which it is), then don't.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes.

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 12:40:32 AM »

Haha, this is impossible for some characters (Konoho) as Kabuto is instantly killed when they face him. >.>

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 01:16:36 AM »

kabuto gives so little and it's extremely hard to get him to 1 hp so it'd take forever to get. i just want a reason other than numbers to fight him ><
Ummm... maybe for a new player like a Chuunin. We all take him out in a turn or two.
But I agree with what Jinsei said, you don't feel you get anything iut of it, don't fight him.

Jinsei

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 01:24:48 AM »

I could, however, see a reason for a new type of "Boss" that could be implemented with Kabuto for those at a certain DK or above.

But that is for a separate Thread.

Haha, this is impossible for some characters (Konoho) as Kabuto is instantly killed when they face him. >.>
Well in that case, maybe you aren't asking for an additional reason, but an increase in stats?
I am sure that Neji would gladly up his stats.  :twisted:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 01:42:16 AM by Jinsei »
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes.

HollowAizen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 12:40:55 PM »

I have an idea for this:
Since Kabuto is a minor villan, you could use the kill points in a slightly simualr way to Oro's.
Each Kabuto is worth 10% of an Oro one...so after you have killled him ten times you can incresse one of your stats...
Now I shall wait to be yelled at.
Everything that happens is in responce to my will

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 01:07:23 PM »

Still no.

Like we've said, he is optional! Your not happy with how he is, don't fight him!

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 19 queries.