Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

Should people have the ability to go into Sage Mode WITHOUT a contract with Toads?

No
- 12 (75%)
Yes
- 4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Sage Mode in SL RP (Please read the thread before voting)  (Read 3092 times)

Mei

• View Profile
Sage Mode in SL RP (Please read the thread before voting)
« on: December 28, 2010, 02:25:21 AM »

Should people be able to go into Sage Mode WITHOUT a contract with Toads?

Okay, I understand that this argument has been brought up in SLS forum with people such as Gyu, Darkrasengan, Ranketsu, Raifudo, Fifty, etc. participating in the debate. However I was told that the final verdict was that: Yes, people can go into Sage Mode without Toad contract.
P.S. - I would like a link to this debate to review the whole reasoning behind it.

That answer didnt sit well with me. Since let's have a debate battle between A (myself) versus B (a representative to the ppl who for the "free Sage Mode for all")

I start off with a strong statement:
"Explain why is it that when you absorb too much senjutsu chakra, you turn into a Toad statue and not any other animal statue or even a fusion of animals. o.o
That only proves that Sage Mode is Toads-only. Even when one of Pein's bodies turned into a toad when he absorbed too much senjutsu chakra."

Player B counters: "It's because Pein absorbed the sage chakra of someone already in toad sennin mode if not that it was because he absorbed not only natural chakra but chakra already fused with that of a toad user."

Good answer imo. Then I counter with this:
"How come the only sages known are the ones that have contracts with the toads or the toads themselves?"
"How come the oil that helps absorb nature easier is only located in Mount Myoboku and if it was taken outside, will evaporate?"

Player B counters back:
"Simple, toads may have been the ones that created it. Show-wise not enough people know about sage mode well enough to adapt it to their own summon but here tens if not hundreds have seen it through special doujutsu. And we do not know if the same type of oil exists in other realms just like in the frog one or not. There's another thing, very few are able to unlock sage mode and the summons themselves might not be fond of teaching it."

Another good answer. Then it advanced from a simple attack exchange to a flurry of punches.

Player A: Not even Pein knows about Sage Mode (http://www.mangareader.net/93-381-1/naruto/chapter-376.html). I'm sure it's possible that Madara knows about it but surely it's not something that anyone can copy. Actually no one can succeed in sage mode through copy only. >.> 
Player B: Knowing how it works is fine enough to get started, sure it might take years but is possible and your summons might know of it as well, needless to say you might have toad sages friends that could help out.
Player A: Toad sage friends helping other animals. Wow that is so unrealistic. >.>
And what about the magic stick? Otherwise, w/o it, the person will turn into a stone for sure. >.>
Player B: Monkeys can hold it, snake can hold it with its tail, slugs can hold it with their slime.

**The argument was at stand-still until I realized something:
"Since you believe that sage mode is possible regardless of which animal, what would be difference between them? How is a toad sage mode different from a snake sage mode?
During Naruto's sage training, there was no chemical/physical reaction between himself and an actual toad. Even outside the Mount Myobakui, he didnt need assistance from a toad to get into sage mode. If every animal can reach/teach sage mode, how is the method any different than how Toads did it?"

"No DNA, chemicals are being swapped between human and animal during a contract. The human only gives his blood on a piece of paper, which signifies the bond behind the contract.
Cuz you put blood on a piece of paper belong to a snake contract, doesnt mean you turn into a snake statue when you fail sage mode. It doesnt make sense imo."

Player B: "You miscalculated something. Not every shinobi is compatible with any animal.
Each shinobi has a main summon affinity if any. Whether it is within their dna or chakra I do not know but in the end it depends on the shinobi, if his main summon affinity is snake then he will turn in to a snake statue."

Player A: "You miscalculated something. Where did you get info that states not every shinobi has a main summon affinity? DNA or chakra depends the main summon affinity?
It goes back to the why Pein turned into a frog statue after absorbing Naruto's senjutsu chakra.
Now you're telling me that Naruto has Toad dna in his chakra?" o.o

Player B: "In the Jiraiya Gaiden, the sandaime told kid-Jiraiya he can't teach him the monkey summoning because every shinobi has their own specific animal if that is not enough when Jiraiya performed the seals for summoning jutsu without a contract he was teleported to to the realm of his main affinity animal (toad realm)."

Player A: That's a filler epsiode (Naruto: Shippūden 127 ). From Naruto Wikia: "In the anime, it was shown that if a user attempts to summon an animal without first signing a contract, the user will be teleported to the home of the animal they have a natural affinity for."  Filler = non-canon. Plus that doesnt make sense since it has been stated there are only two ways to get to Mount Myoboku. (http://www.mangareader.net/93-414-4/naruto/chapter-409.html)

In conclusion, I felt that I won the argument and the point (that has "**" in front) I made the ultimate argument imo. If Sage Mode was possible by any animal type, how would it would be any different that the person still changes into a toad statue?
Yeah I know. I am once again taking RP seriously but when you see people using it like it's nothing (abusing it), I cant seem to stay quiet about it. Please post your thoughts and opinions on the matter.

Stay tune for my next thread where there's a sudden growth in SL of people claiming they are chakra-sensors under no basis at all.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
Re: Sage Mode in SL RP (Please read the thread before voting)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 03:54:09 PM »

I personally agree with Mei, and since Sage Mode revolves around Toads, using a different contract summoning would make it irrelevent to use.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 04:58:20 PM »

First, sorry for reviving this thread, but I had this argument with Fifty just yesterday. And, I said the same thing, that it should only be for toads, unless stated otherwise, but I don't think this matters now, since Sage Mode (If I am correct) will become a KG. If that's true, then. -_-

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 10:35:36 PM »

If it bothers you that much, then you can roleplay that your sage mode looks different. Create a backstory to your sage mode. Perhaps you went to another mountain that had sage... lets say falcons. You trained with them in Mount _____ and you learned their ways and incorporated their version of chakra absorption, and if you absorbed too much, then you would be permanently turned into a falcon with no point of return.

I think that although it is mostly specific to toads in the manga, I think this also opens up an opportunity to expand your roleplay as well. Because if Ice is nice enough to take the time to code something new and refreshing into the SL gameplay, then instead of trying to bring up counterarguments against it, then try to adapt it to your own roleplay.

Because if you're trying to base having the Sage mode KKG off of a roleplaying aspect (as in you just state in your bio that you trained and have signed the contract) then it'd be a giant headache trying to moderate and control who can reset.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 04:09:22 AM by Omega Purple »

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 02:39:17 AM »

Thanks Purple Flurp!

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 09:54:43 PM »

If it bothers you that much, then you can roleplay that your sage mode looks different. Create a backstory to your sage mode. Perhaps you went to another mountain that had sage... lets say falcons. You trained with them in Mount _____ and you learned their ways and incorporated their version of chakra absorption, and if you absorbed too much, then you would be permanently turned into a falcon with no point of return.

I think that although it is mostly specific to toads in the manga, I think this also opens up an opportunity to expand your roleplay as well. Because if Ice is nice enough to take the time to code something new and refreshing into the SL gameplay, then instead of trying to bring up counterarguments against it, then try to adapt it to your own roleplay.

Because if you're trying to base having the Sage mode KKG off of a roleplaying aspect (as in you just state in your bio that you trained and have signed the contract) then it'd be a giant headache trying to moderate and control who can reset.

The reason why we all think that it should only be toads, is beacuse most will/have done as you said, but then their attacks are exactl like the toads. Though, I can understand now, that this should just be dropped because of the new KG, even though Rinnegan will probably be the one that is picked the most. Regardless, of such, that is all I have to say. So, I'm out; peace.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 07:36:46 PM »

Mmm...I didnt realize that this thread was revived. But Nathan brought up a good point. The attacks would be the same as the toad attacks in the series, right?

So imo, the way of thinking here should not be "Oh, I have Sage Mode KG so I will incorporate it with my animal contract (for example, hawks)", but rather it would be more like "Oh, I have Sage Mode KG so I guess that means I can automatically include toads as (one of) my animal contract(s)."   

I mean it was the same for the Doujutsus. Some people who had never role-played with Sharingan, did so as soon as they got the KG and even included fire in their list of chakra affinities (since Uchiha clan has a chakra affinity to fire) into their role-playing. Like that's how I think the Sage Mode KG could do. If you're strict with the manga like me, getting Sage Mode KG would mean you have the right to add Toads to your list of animal contracts then.

That's my thought.

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 11:05:10 AM »

But I thought you could only have one contract with animals. I know Sasuke could summon snakes and hawks (though not simultaneously), but I know there is a certain affinity for different people, and most people only summon one type of animal. If you had the sage mode in rp, does that mean it's the summons you already have been roleplaying plus toads?

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 02:29:28 PM »

You know, before it was clearly stated that they are only 9 Bijuu, I used to think that Bijuu are just uber powerful demons so I came up with a 13-tailed beast. But that was long ago. Regarding Sage Mode, I've already dropped the whole fox Sage Mode thingy. However from my point of view, I don't see what's wrong with a little bit of creative, especially when it is not officially stated that only toads have Sage Mode.

Regardless of what from they take, Sage mode only does 2 things;

1) Give the user and insane amount of chakra that powers up all the Ninjutsu that he/she performs. Not give you the special characteristic of the animal, like poisonous bites.

2) Change the appearance of the user depending on their level of mastery. Higher level = less change. In no way can the user actually use this as an advantage. Like giving themselves rough/tough skin that protects them from physical attacks or certain elements.

So as long as players follows those two guide lines, I see little wrong is having a bit of creativity.

p/s: I am not making a rule or anything with the above statement. Just telling you guys what I think about the matter.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 03:52:44 AM »

Long story short, what is important in the end is WILL people use Honorary Sage Mode despite not having the RP exclusive Toad Summoning Contract or not?

The answer is Yes, until Kishimoto-sama specifically states otherwise.

Hence, yours truly has been in the process of developing a RP appropriate system that any and all current and future Sages may use in combat and other types of role-play.

Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.