Game Development > Clan Requests

Clan Visiting System

(1/5) > >>

RichardUchiha:
I've been thinking recently about requesting a system for visiting a clan, in addition to the option of joining it; something similar to the application system, where the current higher-ups in the clan would still need to approve it. Here's the basic idea.

There would be some sort of button or command on the main clan page similar to the application button, only instead reading "request visitation to this clan", or possibly a button only for clan leaders that will let them invite people to visit their clan instead of allowing anyone to apply. Upon accepting this, the person in question would be able to visit the main clan halls, chat and RP with the ones inside without having any actual authority or powers in the clan, or having to make an actual commitment to the clan itself. I believe this would benefit in allowing for much more cross-clan RP potential, as well as helping clans acquire more members by letting people use the visiting system to check things out before they would decide to join. In addition to this, possibly add a time limit of a certain number of days a person can visit the clan at any one time, or limit the number of clans they can visit, so as to prevent clan hoppers from hanging out in every clan out there at once.

There are more details I had in mind, I think, but I can't seem to remember them at the moment. When I do, I'll be certain to edit this post and add them in. For now though, good idea, bad idea?

ShinobiIceSlayer:
I thought of something like this recently to.
My reason was different though, I want to be in the serious Kiri RP clan, but I wanna be able to go to my friends random fun clan to.
I like the idea.

RichardUchiha:

--- Quote from: Ice on May 02, 2011, 01:48:18 PM ---I thought of something like this recently to.
My reason was different though, I want to be in the serious Kiri RP clan, but I wanna be able to go to my friends random fun clan to.
I like the idea.

--- End quote ---
Glad you like it. The recent spike in large village-based clans is actually one of the things that encouraged me to suggest this.

ShinobiIceSlayer:
And all the points you bring up are pretty valid to.
It would help a lot with Inter-clan relations and things like that.
Saves us having to make alts, just so we can keep up with everything lol.

Omega Purple:
Yeah, I like the idea of letting people visit. It'll definitely improve gameplay. I think that there should def. be an option to just turn off visitation though, in case for sure you don't want people visiting (as in, if you were in the Akatsuki clan b/c I'm sure they don't want people visiting them due to secrecy reasons) but I'm sure that the main village clans would benefit from this option.

So this would mean that you can already be a part of a clan while simultaneously be a visitor to another clan, but would you be able to visit more than one clan at a time, or would it be like a... one thing kind of deal? While being a visitor of one clan, you can only visit there, and then you'd have to withdraw visitation to vist another one?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version