Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: a word from a non-ninja  (Read 4228 times)

hobbygobby

• View Profile
a word from a non-ninja
« on: May 14, 2012, 11:56:36 PM »

I have heard , much describing the dislike of those things that are not with in the cannon. I must wonder the following
1, why is the lot of us who are not with in the click of "acceptable " methodology seen as evil?
2 , To the collection of individuals that see "there" person as what is right, why must you and others push your perceptions on others ? Is it perhaps because of the insucruities you harbor concerning your own actions ?

"role-play is no longer play when people stop playing " is my story and i am sticking to it .   

cmage

• View Profile
Re: a word from a non-ninja
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 02:30:19 AM »

Non-humans aren't seen as evil, but things such as centaurs, lamias, angels, etc don't really have a place as a race in a ninja centered universe. We've seen shinobi that mimic(kiba), alter their bodies(orochimaru/kabuto) to be that of an animal, or become chimera-esque(kakuzu) things, but it doesn't change the fact that they are ultimately human.

It just seems silly(for lack of a better word) that someone would knowingly come to a ninja universe, but want to be a werewolf or medusa-like creature. There are other games which are suited more to the inclusion of those races.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 02:34:57 AM by cmage »
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

hobbygobby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 06:38:13 AM »

granted , however is it not in the Japanese lore and myth that some of these creatures do exist in this realm.
granted i have not seen medusi, goblins, tengu, kappa, and the like in Naruto. but i propose the following question

douse that mean they do not exist in the area

cmage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 08:07:37 AM »

The only things that really come from Japanese lore are things centered around the  three Sannin, the tailed beasts, and the names of the Mangekyou techniques. I'm not dismissing that sometime in the future Kishimoto may include Tengu, Kappa, Oni, etc. but for now having them as playable character is a bit absurd.
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

Quest

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 12:43:36 PM »

Note: For those who doesn't want to read my entire rant, just skip to the bold green text.

Well, in SL we have Vampire Lord Baluski and his beautiful bride haunting the forest. There are also Gorgons and Werewolves. So in other words, SL is based on Naruto, and not 100% Naruto Universe. Thus demon, angel, vampires, werewolves and other super natural creatures should be consider legit on SL in terms of roleplaying.

But there is a community of roleplayers here who RP Naruto on SL in a hardcore kind of way. To them such beings do not exist, and when they are faced with one...well...it's alien to them and simply beyond their comprehension. They reject it because they are unable to translate those foreign powers into Naruto terms. Some extremely hardcore roleplayers would even go as far as to reject anything (Jutsu, KG, techniques etc) that are not shown in the manga.

I personally, is the kind of guy who embrace creativity. So as long as a player does a good job at relating their powers to Naruto, it's consider legit and acceptable in my eyes. Such as vampires as a clan characteristic, werewolves being an advance form of Kiba's clan technique, demonic powers as some sort of KG or Senjutsu-level technique.

However, I'm also a person who doesn't push my own perceptions onto others. So for example, if I were to join the community of extremely hardcore roleplayers, I would go by their rules and drop my Reiton (Soul Release) without any complaints.

To sum it up, every roleplaying community has their own rules. You'll have to go by their rules if you want to join them. Those rules aren't meant to push their perception upon you, but to regulate the RP in their own community. There maybe a few who would force their perception onto others, but please don't judge the whole community just because of a few who went a little too far when enforcing their own rules.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:44:11 PM by Quest »

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 11:37:37 PM »

It's just like the hiatus the first reborns caused between those having them and claiming such and those lacking them and claiming such, a lot of ignoring, trolling, bashing, and even harassing took place. And in the end, one side gave up or at least decreased to an insignificant number. Not saying is as bad or worse than that, the "treatment" is just similar. Alas, they are simply more stubborn than the above were.

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 01:43:11 AM »

I honestly don't mind the whole 'demon/vampire/whatnot' thing as long as they don't god-mod. Albeit, most due, so I tend to ignore them a majority of the time.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 03:04:56 AM »

So long as Narutoverse principles are imposed on their creation and everything's explained, then there really shouldn't be all too many complications concerning them.

Quest

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 02:09:32 PM »

Before Masashi Kishimoto made it clear that there were only 9 tailed beasts which when combined turns into the 10-tailed-demon, I always thought of Kyuubi as nothing but a legendary demon that plague the ninja world. Which is why any kind of supernatural beings is pretty acceptable back then. The more Masashi Kishimoto reveal about the ninja world, the more rules or standard people starting setting up and enforcing. :(

hobbygobby

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 02:47:16 PM »

so it,s his fault then ?

Quest

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 03:00:35 PM »

Nah, I don't like playing the blame game. Just pointing out that there are changes that took place as Masashi Kishimoto shows us around the world of Naruto :) For those who always wanted a more detailed guide into the world of Naruto, this is a huge plus! =D But for those who find their ideas contradicting Masashi Kishimoto's, that doesn't mean that you will have to give it up.

Just because scientists has yet to find any intelligent life form within 1,000,000 light years away from Earth doesn't mean that you have to give up fantasizing about aliens in outer space.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 03:07:57 PM by Quest »

hobbygobby

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 03:52:05 PM »

The goblin grins at you , as he formulates his next words " interesting, thought that. Permit me one of mine own " he pauses for effect " then by that logic is it not the duty,s of us then , to aid in the expansion of such a realm by being who we are . goblin ,s kappa, dragons, ninja, elves, neko,s demons and the like ?"  he ports to a chair and continues" is it not true that for each story told from the start of the old one that the world grows bigger ?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 03:53:46 PM by hobbygobby »

Uchiha, Rares

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 09:27:11 PM »

"They don't exist in the Naruto verse" is not even the real issue, merely a way for those who have great dislike for such wrongly describing their opinion. It's rather the fact that most of the people that rp as human shinobi want to rp with such not some random fairy tails. It gets even more disliked when such a creature does something a shinobi would be labeled as god mode for and just backs it up with "it's magic" or something like that.

To explain why I said they wrongly describe their belief, think of it this way: People wouldn't really mind if one were to claim an orc or werewolf summoning scroll. They just don't like characters being side races.

The main race is human-shinobi. In all honesty, it's just like any group or community, you are likely to encounter dislike, grudge, ignoring, and even bullying from quite a few if you don't fit in by their standards, even more so if you refuse to do so full knowingly.

Quest

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 12:36:40 AM »

God Modding is God Modding regardless of who does it and how they try to justify by explaining their trick. For those who dislike non-human characters using non-ninjutsu attacks, they are several characters in Naruto that are hardly human, such as Kisame, Orochimaru, and Kidomaru. There are also plenty of non-ninjutsu powers that can be found in fillers and movies.

Uchiha, Rares

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 03:47:08 AM »

Few are those that choose to express their dislike.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 16 queries.