Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29

Author Topic: Official rules of Edo Tensei  (Read 72908 times)

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
Re: Official rules of Edo Tensei
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2012, 12:48:39 PM »

I still say edo tensei's limit is 3, but for rinnegan users they can just do the whole receivers/outer path healing thing and get up to the number of resets they have. 

It would be like Nagato's 6 paths(which weren't edo tensei zombies)

Agreed.

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2012, 12:53:18 PM »

Then no one has any quarrel of me locking this topic then sticking it?  :D

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2012, 12:55:10 PM »

For the sake of the future. :\

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2012, 01:43:34 PM »

I'll unlocked it whenever someone finds a flaw in usage of the technique.  :oops:
For now, locked and sticky.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Obsolete rules of Edo Tensei
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2012, 03:35:48 AM »

Since Pete was nice enough to inform me he is gonna come void my rp in Iwa I thought I'd beat him to the punch and get a discussion going. So here we go.

- The resurrected CANNOT be someone else’s character that has or has had an SL account. The reincarnated MUST be your alternative characters; just any other character YOU had own and is no longer alive.

Why? This is why Pete says my rp is void, because I Edo Tensei'd Hideisamu. Why? According to him it is because "The rules that restricts reviving another SL player's account(s), are there so it won't ruin the SL experience through that manner." *shaking my head* What? I think that clashes slightly with the rule that requires you to sacrifice another players account to revive the zombie of your choosing. Also, if I can only revive my alts I might as well spend some money to get a full reset one and name change it over and over again and keep reviving all the people. This one has Jiton, this one has Bakuton, this one is a fuinjutsu master, and they are all Sage's of 6 Paths Grand Master Uchiha Kaguya Warlord Senjus. Yeah that sounds like a great idea.

- If the user wishes to resurrect a soul, they MUST travel to the soul’s birthplace, and MUST conduct an rp investigation for 5 days. If the soul’s birthplace cannot be found in SL’s village system, Jiseigakure can be used instead. During those days, the user must investigate publically and try any means to obtain the DNA of the target. After rping for 5 days, the user can start the ritual of Edo Tensei in a zone. If the user doesn’t resurrect their target in a zone, which can be viewed by everyone, then that reincarnation WILL be void in RP. 

No. Pointless. If they are my alt I already have their DNA and when I kill someone and revive them I already have their DNA, this makes no sense, though yes I don't see why you wouldn't revive them in a zone for it to be seen.

- Interesting enough whilst the deceased is under the technique, their will is to their own according until the summoner states their 'trigger' seal to completely wipe the deceased personality and make it a mindless fighting puppet.

I bring this up because it seems to be inferring that we cannot uses Kabuto's brand of looser control. Why? If we could do that then people could still rp as their zombies if they wanted to. The only reason I NPC my guys is because normally everyone is all butt hurt over dying and won't help me, or they'd be like Kamui and constantly trying to escape.

- To summon a resurrected soul in battle, the user must render ¼ of their own chakras to keep the summoning bound to this world.  The reincarnated MUST shared your action-limit per post, which is 1 attack, 1 defense, and 1 supplementary effect.

This should be applied to only official 1v1 battles like a bijuu fight. Why? Because as I realized whilst attacking Iwa this does not work whe you have multiple opponents. If I have one zombie on the north end of the city and one on the south and they both have kunai thrown at them one gets to defend itself and the other has to stand their and eat it because they share my one defensive action? It wouldn't make any sense.

- To keep order and tradition, the limit of resurrected individuals in battle will be 3. The number of resurrected souls outside battle, however, can be limitless as long as the user follows the rules.

Unless you have Rinnegan, natural pirated, that is over 3 Paths, for each path over three you can control one more zombie. Via Paths of Pain.

- Using the Edo Tensei summon for the vessel of a Bijuu is prohibited and any of the Bijuu's chakras that the Summon had obtain in their past life before death is NOT allowed.

I don't see why not? It's not like bijuu are common enough to be a problem. Whatever the argument is about being able to seal bijuu in Edo Tensei their is no point to denying the zombies bijuu chakra they have. If they used to be a host that is part of their character. If I was to get a zombie Cmage he would have steam chakra, that's what his character has, what is the point of forbidding something so minor?

*another post coming*

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Obsolete rules of Edo Tensei
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2012, 03:47:43 AM »

Another problem I have with this whole situation is Pete handing down the rules as the King of Edo Tensei. "But it's his claimed technique Bocch!" That is up for debate, but it is not a jutsu Pete made up, it's a canon jutsu, claiming it means he can control WHO uses it, not HOW it is used. He and I are the only viable users of Edo Tensei, if there are going to be rules we should BOTH collaborate to make them and present them to the community for approval. He says these are the rules the Edo Tensei group made up I don't even know how many years ago... ok? So has he absorbed their collective consciousness and is able to decide all these things by himself? Why should I care? I was using Edo Tensei for a good year while Pete was gone and then he comes back and gets to control everything? It doesn't make sense and neither do a lot of the rules as I have pointed out, we should start fresh and make a whole new set of rules, considering we have learned more about Edo Tensei since the rules were made.

You might have noticed me mention something off hand near the beginning there, that Pete's claim is debatable, that is another big problem I have with all this. Back when I challenged Pete to get the bijuu back and our battle dragged on and on I offered to call the fight off if he taught me Edo Tensei, he agreed, and I was all set. Then Pete comes up to me later and tells me "Oh, Kamui proved he had Edo Tensei first so my claim is void and you don't have it." Ok... so I kill Kamui and get again, and now Pete decides, oh, he actually IS the original owner and gets to tell me how I use my jutsu. Here is a fun quote "Such are the rules, and such are to be followed. Although I was the one to allow you to wield my powers, I won't hesitate to void your rp if you're not following the rules of Edo Tensei. It's best to just cease questioning them because the rules are not up for debate. They are already made, and won't be changed. " I wasn't aware Pete had anything to do with me beating Kamui and Human Pathing him to get MY OWN Edo Tensei. I don't have to accept challenges from seated swordsmen in Kiri because I am not part of that group, I just have one of their swords. I don't owe my Edo Tensei in the tiniest bit to Pete, unless you want to say him apparently giving it to Kamui allowed me to get it. So him acting like my dang boss is just ridiculous.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2012, 08:58:25 AM »

I would like to clarify for the hundredth time that I am not the one who originally claimed the technique, I had to go through Ryuuji then I was eventually made another user of the Edo Tensei.

The guide-lines are fine the way they are really, too be honest more rules need to be implemented, so it's power is somewhat downgraded and also to prevent users from abusing this technique, which I like to say isn't working out so well.  :oops:

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2012, 02:59:25 PM »

I'm sorry I couldn't hear you with your head all the way up your ass. Nice job addressing NONE of the points I brought up though.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2012, 10:11:44 PM »

I'm sorry I couldn't hear you with your head all the way up your ass. Nice job addressing NONE of the points I brought up though.

Back when I challenged Pete to get the bijuu back and our battle dragged on and on I offered to call the fight off if he taught me Edo Tensei, he agreed, and I was all set. Then Pete comes up to me later and tells me "Oh, Kamui proved he had Edo Tensei first so my claim is void and you don't have it." Ok... so I kill Kamui and get again, and now Pete decides, oh, he actually IS the original owner and gets to tell me how I use my jutsu.
I would like to clarify for the hundredth time that I am not the one who originally claimed the technique, I had to go through Ryuuji then I was eventually made another user of the Edo Tensei.

He and I are the only viable users of Edo Tensei, if there are going to be rules we should BOTH collaborate to make them and present them to the community for approval. He says these are the rules the Edo Tensei group made up I don't even know how many years ago... ok? So has he absorbed their collective consciousness and is able to decide all these things by himself?
The guide-lines are fine the way they are really, too be honest more rules need to be implemented, so it's power is somewhat downgraded and also to prevent users from abusing this technique, which I like to say isn't working out so well.  :oops:

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2012, 10:59:48 PM »

I'm considering locking this thread if you keep up the attitude and extending a ban into Shinobi Legends, which will also extend to the forums as well.
I don't need to address any of your points since they don't make a lick of sense and you contradict yourself by agreeing to the guide-lines at first then when it doesn't go your way, changes are needed to suit your RP.
Too bad, work with it like I had.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 11:01:09 PM by Camel »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2012, 02:45:54 AM »

I'm considering locking this thread if you keep up the attitude and extending a ban into Shinobi Legends, which will also extend to the forums as well.
I don't need to address any of your points since they don't make a lick of sense and you contradict yourself by agreeing to the guide-lines at first then when it doesn't go your way, changes are needed to suit your RP.
Too bad, work with it like I had.

Where in that discussion did I agree to those rules? I said they made no sense and when I got back the topic was locked. You don't think it is contradictory that I can't revive other people account for their pleasure, but I have to sacrifice people to get my zombies? Or that if I did revive them I couldn't actually let them rp in fights?

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2012, 04:34:22 AM »

I'm not siding with anyone, yet to me most of what Bocc made sense especially:
- The resurrected CANNOT be someone else’s character that has or has had an SL account. The reincarnated MUST be your alternative characters; just any other character YOU had own and is no longer alive.

If so that means the whole meaning of Edo Tensei is thrown away as it can revive the dead, any dead. Along with what Bocc said he could just buy a stacked account and name change it, rp a death and edo tensei ritual for however many zombies he wants. An example that I want to bring up and have seen is when I first joined the site Trev was an Edo Tensei, by the hands of Pete in which the whole scenario became voided when apparently you Mr. Camel was claimed original the owner of Edo Contents, yet aside from that with those rules set that means even if Kamui and Pete both had legitimate rights to Edo Tensei Trev could have never been reincarnated? Although it was claimed that he was. >_>

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2012, 05:39:07 AM »

I'll unlocked it whenever someone finds a flaw in usage of the technique.  :oops:
For now, locked and sticky.

Since I'll stay true to my word, I'm unlocking the old topic and merging them together.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2012, 05:55:45 AM »

Actually I have taken this rule into consideration, it doesn't need to be changed per se but re-worded so it's more understandable.

- To summon a resurrected soul in battle, the user must render ¼ of their own chakras to keep the summoning bound to this world.  The reincarnated MUST shared your action-limit per post, which is 1 attack, 1 defense, and 1 supplementary effect.

This should be applied to only official 1v1 battles like a bijuu fight. Why? Because as I realized whilst attacking Iwa this does not work whe you have multiple opponents. If I have one zombie on the north end of the city and one on the south and they both have kunai thrown at them one gets to defend itself and the other has to stand their and eat it because they share my one defensive action? It wouldn't make any sense.

Actually it should apply to any sort of RP while you use the technique in any way, the zombies themselves are living shields and will always re-construct after being obliterated so the post order shouldn't matter in any way except during big events.

- To keep order and tradition, the limit of resurrected individuals in battle will be 3. The number of resurrected souls outside battle, however, can be limitless as long as the user follows the rules.

Unless you have Rinnegan, natural pirated, that is over 3 Paths, for each path over three you can control one more zombie. Via Paths of Pain.

Last I saw Yumei has the claims for the Six Path Technique so good luck with that. :)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2012, 06:37:43 AM »

@1, Unless it is changing it to let me revive the people I kill I disagree.
@2 Yes it does matter, maybe you're fighting acads but occasionally the people I fight can rp. My zombies are not moving shields they are supposed to be tireless warriors. If only one can defend itself per turn, arbitrarily, I couldn't even make it through a village like Iwa without them being sealed.
@3 Yumei is claiming that because he says Gedo Mazo is the only source of chakra receivers, so anyone who wants to make a chakra sensitive metal could claim it. Like the stuff in Asuma's knuckle blades.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29

Page created in 5.047 seconds with 16 queries.